Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 2:46:37 PM EDT
I was watching "Win Ben Stein's Money" and one of the contestants was the editor of Guns&Ammo and AmerHandgunner- anyway, Stein made a few comments about being into guns, and shooting with his son. At the end of the show, he mentioned an AR180. That man is definitely not the norm in Hollywood- intelligent and pro-freedom.

radioman
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Bueller?.......Bueller?.......Bueller?

Frye?.....Frye?
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#2]
He was one on the brainards for Nixon!
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bueller?.......Bueller?.......Bueller?

Frye?.....Frye?
View Quote

rotflmao!
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Enlightened people know the truth about guns.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Bueller......Bueller......Bueller.......Stoner....

Stien, I believe is a law or busines professor at Stanford, both his parents were international law attorneys. He met the director of Ferris Bueller.... in a class he taught. They needed a monotone voice guy and the remembered him, he was just supposed have the voice part, but once they got him there they decided to give him a bigger part.

He kinda backed into Hollywood, and before that he actually worked for a living so he has a little different life experience than most actors.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
He kinda backed into Hollywood, and before that he actually worked for a living so he has a little different life experience than most actors.
View Quote

He worked in DC as a speechwriter and advisor to Nixon.  Very smart guy and old school, hard line republican.  He also did the Wonder Years, but everyone remembers him best for the Beuller role..

anyone, anyone...

[img]www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/3874/Anyone2.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I was watching "Win Ben Stein's Money" and one of the contestants was the editor of Guns&Ammo and AmerHandgunner- anyway, Stein made a few comments about being into guns, and shooting with his son. At the end of the show, he mentioned an AR180. That man is definitely not the norm in Hollywood- intelligent and pro-freedom.

radioman
View Quote

New NRA president?  I'm serious.  I think that would be a great idea.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I've also heard that he is a very strong republican.  He also does the Clear Eyes eye drops commercial.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I rarely post because I have to enable "cookies" to do so but I had to respond to this post.

Racer-X and shaggy are correct.  Ben Stein indeed was a speech writer for Nixon.  But the story does not stop there.  At the time he was in his early 20's and saw his position as his dream job.  When Watergate began many hypothesized he was "Deepthroat."  To this day when Stein talks about it his eyes well up with tears.  It chokes me up to see him.  This man is obviously of very high integrity to have this false accusation affect him so deeply so many years later.

No surprise he is pro gun.  Most intelligent well adjusted people are.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis (1952)
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Sweet!! We need all the celebs we can get. Need to counter all the bs coming from hollywood
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:56:50 AM EDT
[#14]
When I was looking for a Law School--95ish to 97ish, he was a professor at Pepperdine Law School. They are very well known for their ADR programs, but as an RC school they keep getting the shaft, rankings wise.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Ben Stein's father was economist Herbert Stein.  He was a famous economist and Nixon's head of the Council of Economic Advisors.  Stein probably deserved the Nobel prize, and one of his predictions, that the Social Security system would destroy the American savings ethic was correct.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I had no idea he was Pro.  That is good to hear.  Damn the AM 180 is bad ass.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#17]
IBIAFR,

If you want to control cookies (and a lot of other internet BS) and still enjoy posting privilages here, try AdSubtract Pro. Costs $29.95, and you can allow some site's (favored) cookies while refusing everyone elses.

Read my review at epinions.com, user name there is madkiwi too.

Best piece of software I have purchased in the last 5 years.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn, radioman, I saw the same episode yesterday and the 180 comment really got my attention, as I have 3 of them.  I was going to post this but you beat me to it.  I was waiting for a response back from him on a e-mail I sent to him to make sure of his position and if he had a 180.  He has a website [url]www.benstein.com[/url] and his e-mail is [email protected].  I also informed him of AOL's anti-gun policies.  Waiting to hear back from him.  If I do hear back I am going to encourage him to post here.

SNIPERm88, he was talking about the ArmaLite AR180 (the original), not the AM180.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#19]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#20]
clear eyes...................

[size=6][blue]WOW![/blue][/size=6]

Bossman
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#21]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#22]
When someone posts about an anti celebrity, everyone jumps on it, but post a pro-gun celebrity and it gets ignored.  WTF?
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#23]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Most intelligent people are pro-gun.

Ben Stein is a very intelligent man.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I saw Ben on a political show during the Election2000 period when the results were still up in the air.
He was opposite some shrill Liberal bitch and exercised the patience of Job.
I admire the Man for being able to keep his calm, whereas I can only tell you now that the woman on the show was, well, I already said it.
Stein & Selleck for NRA...
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I checked that out, DVD.  Someone had already added him.  Have you noticed that people post ungodly amounts to a string about anti celebrities, but apparently it is more important to talk about beefing up a V6, the Bush girls in trouble, the moon landing hoax (the hoax theory is the hoax), the 300th string about what you carry, getting girls, etc, etc than it is to try to show support for someone who is on our side and to try to find out about other famous folks who are with us.  Granted, they are no more important than any of us, but their position allows for combatting the garbage out of Hollywierd better than any of us can.  Just as we can boycott anti celebrities, we can support pro celebrities.

I GUESS THIS JUST ISN'T IMPORTANT ENOUGH.  Not as much as 'saving my vacation'.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#29]
I filled out the latest NRA survey and sent it in with a check.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By LARRY G:
View Quote

Not to change the subject, but does it seem to anyone else that NRA spends more money on sending out 'surveys' and other materials to members asking for more money than they do on actually influencing activities on Capitol Hill?

My wife just joined NRA this year and already she's put off with the fact that about every week or so, she is getting something else from NRA soliciting more $$$.  She's irritated almost to the point of letting her membership lapse.

I've been a member for so long, I guess I'm sort of used to it, but I have to admit she has a point.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By LARRY G:
View Quote

Not to change the subject, but does it seem to anyone else that NRA spends more money on sending out 'surveys' and other materials to members asking for more money than they do on actually influencing activities on Capitol Hill?

My wife just joined NRA this year and already she's put off with the fact that about every week or so, she is getting something else from NRA soliciting more $$$.  She's irritated almost to the point of letting her membership lapse.

I've been a member for so long, I guess I'm sort of used to it, but I have to admit she has a point.
View Quote

But if they didn't send out those forms, they would not get near as much money, thus they would not have ANY money for political battles.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#32]
I guess what bugs me is that a post about stopping a Grizzly gets 65 responses and is still on page 1 while here is someone who could help us with his celebrity status and no one seems interested.  His e-mail and website have been posted for people to show support and it seems to be ignored.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#34]
btt
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#35]
I knew Ben Stien was Republican, but now that I know that he's PRO... I cannot think of anyone more competent to head the NRA when C.H. has to step down. And not because he's a celeb (a minor one at that), either... but because he's Harvard educated, charismatic, successful and well spoken. Few people would do as good a job, IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#36]
That is awsome.  I had a lot of respect for him before... and I wasn't even sure what party he was involved with ( I should have realized that though with the Nixon connection ).

Now that I know this though it makes me wanna join a fan club or something [:P]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#37]
***LARRY G****
Chill Out!

You posted that same, exact message on another thread.  I'll tell you then what I told you now.  Don't confuse lack of response with apathy.  Read your earlier thread to read the full story of what I said.

Jewbroni~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top