Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/3/2015 7:28:43 PM EDT
Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon who became a leading conservative voice, told a Florida TV station that he will officially join the 2016 Republican presidential race tomorrow.

Carson shared his decision with WPEC-TV, the CBS affiliate in West Palm Beach, Fla., in an exclusive interview on Sunday.

"I'm willing to be part of the equation and, therefore, I'm announcing my candidacy for president of the United States of America," Carson said.

Carson, 63, will formally jump into the race at an event in Detroit, where he grew up.

LINK
View Quote

for the curious:
But when asked whether people should be allowed to own "semi-automatic weapons," the doctor replied: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I'm afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it," Carson elaborated. However, if you live "out in the country somewhere by yourself" and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, "I've no problem with that."

and

He said, "I would never advocate anything to interfere with Second Amendment rights; however, I do think we have to be intelligent" and address situations where people with AK-47s are mowing people down. "We need to discuss, 'Is there something we can do?'
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon who became a leading conservative voice, told a Florida TV station that he will officially join the 2016 Republican presidential race tomorrow.

Carson shared his decision with WPEC-TV, the CBS affiliate in West Palm Beach, Fla., in an exclusive interview on Sunday.

"I'm willing to be part of the equation and, therefore, I'm announcing my candidacy for president of the United States of America," Carson said.

Carson, 63, will formally jump into the race at an event in Detroit, where he grew up.

LINK
View Quote

for the curious:
But when asked whether people should be allowed to own "semi-automatic weapons," the doctor replied: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I'm afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it," Carson elaborated. However, if you live "out in the country somewhere by yourself" and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, "I've no problem with that."

and

He said, "I would never advocate anything to interfere with Second Amendment rights; however, I do think we have to be intelligent" and address situations where people with AK-47s are mowing people down. "We need to discuss, 'Is there something we can do?'
View Quote
View Quote

Republican my ass....
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
FBC

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
 Not qualified
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 Not qualified
View Quote

Even if he was qualified, he's anti-gun....
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
lulz
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Why, Ben, why?

I think you're a great guy, but in no way qualified to be president. I'm not even talking about your stance on guns, because I can't get past the point that you are in no way qualified.

Though I guess with the shitty president we have now, being "qualified" doesn't mean much. But still... Ben, Ben, why oh why?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not trust him.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
No. Just no.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#9]

And I don't really give a fuck.. doo da..  doo da...

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#10]

and

View Quote
View Quote

Bye Ben!

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Not qualified

Yep.  I kinda liked the guy until I read that crap.

He's dead to me now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Yawn . . .

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]
NO
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He's dead to me now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Not qualified

He's dead to me now.

I love him as a person, I didn't know he was anti gun.  :-0     Not cool Uncle Ben!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree with everyone above.

I'd still vote for him over Jeb.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#16]
He'll make a fine VP candidate.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He'll make a fine VP candidate.  
View Quote

Paul-Carson 2016
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why, Ben, why?

I think you're a great guy, but in no way qualified to be president. I'm not even talking about your stance on guns, because I can't get past the point that you are in no way qualified.

Though I guess with the shitty president we have now, being "qualified" doesn't mean much. But still... Ben, Ben, why oh why?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#20]
He better watch out for Angel Eyes.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#21]
hey Ben go fuck yourself you fucking fuck.

FBC

Ted Cruz 2016!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:05:31 PM EDT
[#22]
lately he has been walking back his semi auto comments he made years ago, but it's very difficult to put toothpaste back in the tube....
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree. Plus I don't think he would PUSH for gun control.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt he'll sign an AWB though.

He tries to "triangulate" on this issue and others by saying it might be ok to ban guns in cities because they area different than rural areas.  He wants to have limited government but in his book came out in favor of a big government healthcare approach.   An "Everything to everybody" that leaves you doubting if he actually stands for anything in the end.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't believe he holds any malice to our rights. In 2013 he made that " prefer not own " statement, chiefly in reference to the gang banger stuff he experienced in the streets of Detroit.  It was light language, but certainly stuff we didn't want to hear.  He has since clarified his statement, but that doesn't stop the drama queens from suggesting he's an anti and will ban guns.......which is totally made up and perpetuates itself mainly just here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't believe he holds any malice to our rights. In 2013 he made that " prefer not own " statement, chiefly in reference to the gang banger stuff he experienced in the streets of Detroit.  It was light language, but certainly stuff we didn't want to hear.  He has since clarified his statement, but that doesn't stop the drama queens from suggesting he's an anti and will ban guns.......which is totally made up and perpetuates itself mainly just here.
View Quote

In his book "America the Beautiful" he says it's ok to ban guns in cities.  So.... that would be anti.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#27]
A resounding NO.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

BILL CARSON???

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Ben Carson for Surgeon General!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

First thing I thought.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

In his book "America the Beautiful" he says it's ok to ban guns in cities.  So.... that would be anti.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who believes that it's OK to suspend the 2nd Amendment in certain locales is no friend of freedom.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:10:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Meh, Rand is still at the top of my list with Cruz a very close second.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:22:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Meanwhile, lib/progs think Carson is an uber extreme ultra right wing nutjob conservotard. Mainly because he doesn't pay proper respect to the black Jeebus. And he doesn't like abortion.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#34]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Sadly, it's not his stance on guns that will turn off most sheeple, it's his stance on gays.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And I don't really give a fuck.. doo da..  doo da...

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sadly, it's not his stance on guns that will turn off most sheeple, it's his stance on gays.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I forgot about that one:

Being gay is a choice because prison turns people gay

Carson now infamously said in a CNN interview in March that homosexuality is a choice, citing people who “go into prison straight – and when they come out, they’re gay” as proof. He later attempted to apologize for the remarks in which he addressed those who were offended, but reinforced his belief that sexual orientation is chosen.

Carson has also called marriage equality a “Marxist plot,” described marriage equality supporters as “enemies of America,” and compared homosexuality to pedophilia and bestiality, another statement that led him to similarly “apologize” for his “poorly chosen words.”

Yeah, he won't make it. He runs his mouth without thinking way too much.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I do not trust him.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes, we need yet another half wit running for president as a republican.  So far that's all we have on the republican side.  Hitlery will be able to sleep in on election day because the republicans are working overtime to get her elected.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#41]
and address situations where people with AK-47s are mowing people down. "We need to discuss, 'Is there something we can do?'
View Quote

yes there is, it's called doing nothing or at most cracking down on actual crimes that involve guns like gang shootings, robberies, etc
"AK"s and other "assault weapons" are used in a miniscule percentage of crimes
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was fixing to say, wasn't he the guy in the runaway wagon ...or was that Bill Carson.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Anybody but Obama.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#44]
*****Ted Cruz 2016*****
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
*****Ted Cruz 2016*****
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:13:20 AM EDT
[#46]
After seeing him with Al Charlatan...no, no way!  Before that even, he's anti-gun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:18:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

thats what i was thinking too..
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Like many others have said above, not qualified and not a big 2A supporter. So, no vote.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#49]
lol

The usual circus of "candidates".
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:23:50 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Republican my ass....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LINK

for the curious:

and

Republican my ass....
It's a better position on guns than Reagan, Bush, Romney, and Christie.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top