Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2015 11:20:57 AM EDT
Watching his speech on Fox right now.   Running for Pres.
Saying lots of good things.   Will keep an eye on him...
Don't know anything about him.   Lots of folks getting in on the Rep. party.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's fine - he'll keep an eye on your guns.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't like him at all. From his effeminate voice and mannerisms to his antigun stance. He needs to STFU and not take a slot in the primary.

Same can be said of 80 percent of the field. GTFO of the way and let the guys who are actually presidential material have the stage.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#3]
We could do worse, but I don't like his anti-gun views.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The more the merrier, welcome him and Carley coming in. Brings a lot to the race.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't know anything about him.   Lots of folks getting in on the Rep. party.
View Quote

No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The man is a brilliant doctor................how does that qualify him to be Commander In Chief?  Not knowing anything about his political views, I'm very skeptical at this point.  I'm really looking for someone who can read the Constitution and follow it for a change.  Otherwise
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Great, another pseudo black conservative.
No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Cruz 2016 !!!!    or Paul or Walker...maybe
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't really like him, won't vote for him in the primary, but I'll vote for whoever wins the republican nomination in the general election*.

*this is the only option.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#10]
NO
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm more of a Cruz guy, but Carson did speak at the NRA Convention. Can anyone else elaborate on why he is anti-gun?

Sounds like a decent candidate to me (100% better than FBHO).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IIHqee8NBY[/youtube]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The man is a brilliant doctor................how does that qualify him to be Commander In Chief?  Not knowing anything about his political views, I'm very skeptical at this point.  I'm really looking for someone who can read the Constitution and follow it for a change.  Otherwise
View Quote

Sort of off topic because I'm not a fan of Carson at all and this doesn't really apply to him, but MDs are VASTLY overrepresented in the austrian and libertarian communities, so much so that the type of austrianism that doctors tend to hold shapes the community, mostly for the better but sometimes not so much.

MDs are about five times as likely to self-identify as libertarians as non-MDs. I believe the ethical training has a lot to do with it,  "first do no harm" applied to governance.

Overall, I'd much prefer a doctor to a lawyer, but they do tend to have weaknesses, an overabundance of caution and a strong distrust of kinetic problem solving being the obvious ones. They also tend not to be as skilled at the political game as the lawyers.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm more of a Cruz guy, but Carson did speak at the NRA Convention. Can anyone else elaborate on why he is anti-gun?

Sounds like a decent candidate to me (100% better than FBHO).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IIHqee8NBY
View Quote

In response to Glenn Beck asking if he thought we should be allowed to own semi auto weapons:

“It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it.”

Basically his stance WAS that guns are ok in rural areas, but they shouldn't be in urban areas. He has since backpedaled. But I want a candidate who agrees with me, not one that is willing to acquiesce to buy my vote. The candidate that changes his mind to meet a popular demand is just as likely to change his mind again later if opinion shifts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top