Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 12:54:50 AM EDT
I predict that it will piss me off.

www.variety.com/article/VR1117927492?categoryid=14&cs=1

HOLLYWOOD -- Ben AffleckBen Affleck is in talks to create and write "Resistance," a potential drama series about a second American Revolution that he'll exec produce with Live Planet partner Sean BaileySean Bailey.
Separate from the deal for "Resistance," Bailey has inked a new two-year, seven-figure pod deal that will keep him at Touchstone TelevisionTouchstone Television though 2007. While Bailey remains a partner in Live Planet, the Touchstone pactpact is for his solo services as a scribe and producer.

As for "Resistance," project marks the first time Affleck will go it alone writing a pilot, and comes on the heels of his deal to script and direct "Gone, Baby, Gone" (Daily Variety, March 24). Affleck and Bailey co-created the 2002 Alphabet reality/drama hybrid "Push, Nevada."

"Resistance," to be produced by Touchstone and Live Planet, will be set in the not-so-distant future, imagining a United States that's been divided into separate countries following a pair of catastrophic terror attacks.

Ensemble skeinskein will follow a band of modern patriots who are attempting to bring back the Bill of Rights and reunify the country. One person familiar with the pitch said the show ultimately will be a hopeful hour because of its pro-democracy bent.

(more)

ETA:  Actually, I'm pretty sure it's going to piss me off.  It's based on a book called "Warday" and here's the first paragraph of the first review on Amazon:

"I first read Warday when it first came out (15, 16 years ago?). I keep re-reading it. Yes, it has a Leftist slant (the war is our fault because we deployed SDI, etc. etc.), and yet it's not so preachy as some say: a lot of the preaching reflects the very realistic depiction of how people *after* such a war would likely feel about *our* world after the fact."

So the read I get on this is that one of the most popular actors in America is going to make a mini-series based on his fantasy where leftists overthrow the United States government after a series of terrorist attacks.  And it's going to be broadcast on national television during wartime.

(head in hands)
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#1]
All of these show are way over hyped. I haven't seen the show yet, but based on what I've seen before from the Network tV,  it will probably be the same PC garbage that permeates thru out the rest of televisionland.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]

trying to make the fucking leftists look like their worth a shit in a revolution......

In a real revolution like this most of these leftists would be unarmed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:08:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope it lives up to the quality and realism of such epics as "Reindeer Games" and "Pearl Harbor".

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
He should just stick to cameo appearances in South Park.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:27:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Wonder what he'll use to fight his enemies with? Cigar smoke and paper cuts?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:45:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wonder what he'll use to fight his enemies with? Cigar smoke and paper cuts?

Yeah, it's kind of hard to fight a revolution when even rocks and kitchen knives have a 5-day waiting period...

Affleck = Asshat

Edited to add: Tom Clancy should have kicked his ass for ever thinking that he could play Dr. Jack Ryan.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:47:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hope it lives up to the quality and realism of such epics as "Reindeer Games" and "Pearl Harbor".

and 'over there' and 'saving jessica hiding soldier', etc...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:05:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I have Warday in my TEOTWAWKI collection and I don't recall that thats the premise of the book. Guess I haven't read it in a  while and need to do so.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:47:16 AM EDT
[#10]
it'll be about a bunch of leftist fucks (remember, aflac was at the dim convention rooting for kerry) trying to lead a resistance against a conservative administration
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:52:46 AM EDT
[#11]
They're gearing up for the elections, like that show with a woman president.  Ben Asslick is one of the worst actors of our time.  He's still making movies today only because of his hardcore support of ultra liberal causes.  His acting surely sucks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:56:00 AM EDT
[#12]
"MATT DAMON!"
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:48:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and 'over there' and 'saving jessica hiding soldier', etc...

and the drama and depth of "Gigli"
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have Warday in my TEOTWAWKI collection and I don't recall that thats the premise of the book. Guess I haven't read it in a  while and need to do so.

Wasn't WarDay written by Whitley Striber of
the Communion fame?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Ben Affleck == Moron who pretends to be a tuff street kid from Boston.  Go back to Cambridge you homo.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't WarDay written by Whitley Striber of
the Communion fame?

You, sir, would be correct.  The aliens revealed the secrets of global warming to him while he was undergoing an anal probe.  I guess they thought it would be cathartic.
As for Warday, it's a load of shite.  I've got a copy at home, and you should see some of the comments on it from reviewers, especially Ted Kennedy.  The book certainly had a leftist slant, and the left loved it.  It came out around the same time as "The Day After" and similar tripe.
Now, The Guardians and The Survivor, that was some good SHTF stuff.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Affleck!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top