Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/22/2004 7:41:44 PM EST
When the ban was in effect, was it legal to use ammunition belts, provided they were'nt loaded with more than 10 rounds? I ask this because I seem to remember there was a post-ban version of the Shrike, and I'm just curious how that was possible.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:42:28 PM EST
I think it had to use "preban" links.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:20:08 PM EST
answer still no!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:43:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By lu380:
When the ban was in effect, was it legal to use ammunition belts, provided they were'nt loaded with more than 10 rounds?

As I recall you were only allowed to assemble 10 rounds at a time unless you had pre-ban links.

I ask this because I seem to remember there was a post-ban version of the Shrike, and I'm just curious how that was possible.
You seem to be under the misconception than there has ever been a version of the Shrike that didn't exist on paper.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:43:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:

Originally Posted By lu380:
When the ban was in effect, was it legal to use ammunition belts, provided they were'nt loaded with more than 10 rounds?

As I recall you were only allowed to assemble 10 rounds at a time unless you had pre-ban links.

I ask this because I seem to remember there was a post-ban version of the Shrike, and I'm just curious how that was possible.
You seem to be under the misconception than there has ever been a version of the Shrike that didn't exist on paper.

Yea I know it never was made before the ban expired, I just saw it on a website.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:44:12 PM EST
I guess this just goes to show that the AWB was the stupidist law ever. What kindof ATF agent would actually research that each link was made before september 94. I actually don't think that anyone really cared about the law. And plus, unless they caught you with a belt that had over 10 rds in it hooked into your gun, how could they prove that you had created a large capacity feeding device? Did "postban" links have to be date stamped?
Top Top