Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 8:41:59 AM EDT
To me, being anti-gun makes about as much sense as being anti cars, or anti electricity.

A gun is just an object that is capeable of killing, as such there will be fatal accidents.  Much like there will be fatal accidents involving anything that is able to kill.  To me swimming pools and toasters are about as dangerous as guns.

I can understand someone not wanting a gun in their house, just like a could understand someone not wanting a swimming pool at their house.

But  I don't underatand why anyone wants to take guns away from the public.  I don't care if they own cars and swimming pools, and we deserve the same respect.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#1]
repeat after me:

liberalism is a mental disorder

continue repeating until you figure it out.  these people have a screw loose, they do not use logic, nor do they use rational thinking.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
According to the latest data on the CDC's website, children are more likely to die an unintentional death from auto accidents, drowning, and fires, before they would from firearms.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
To me, being anti-gun makes about as much sense as being anti cars, or anti electricity.

What's even more bizzare is that liberals are anti-cars and anti-electricity.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#4]
My dad taught me responsibility as a child. He also picked up his gun and said "if you ever touch this without me there supervising you, I'll kick your ass into the next time zone." Verbatim. When I was five.

Oddly enough, it worked. I never felt any desire to even touch a firearm without my father's express permission and presence, even when another responsible adult gave me permission to look at one of theirs. Funny how it works out, ain't it?

My mother believes everyone has the right to own guns of any sort and to carry them with them in public. However, she also doesn't understand why anyone needs more than one gun. She's given me grief over my intentions to buy a new rifle for some time now. "You already have a rifle, why do you need another" and other crap. My reply: "Because my rifle is comparitively short-ranged, I have to do a lot of compensating for bullet drop just to hit something at the distance between my blind and my feeder, and if I need to get more than one shot off in a hurry, a lever-action just isn't going to cut it."

She also stated that she didn't want me getting a WASR-10. She has no problem with the gun itself, even though she can't see why I want to own since I already have "a perfectly good rifle", but she doesn't want me getting one because she's afraid of what people will think when they see me going around with a "bullet-hose look-alike". She isn't bothered by me owning the gun, but what stupid people will think about it. So I can't buy one until I have my own home.

I'm getting a Kel-Tec SU-16 this summer just to spite her and to get a rifle with better range.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't understand it either, guns are a tool
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll guess.. a car can kill you but will haul stuff, take you places, and you can go mudding or make out in them also...

A gun seems to have has more limited use: kill food, or kill people, or destroy milk bottle.

So they might argue that a gun is only to kill.

Guns R kewl.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#7]
See, the liberal/anti gun mentality is that guns are bad, so anyone who has guns is bad.  They don't have guns, so they are good.  They are better than people that have guns.  And they know they are better.  And because they are better, they are enlightened, and thus are 'right'.  Their beliefs are 'right', and anyone that does not believe the same is wrong.  But because they are good and 'right', they want to push that on everyone else, because, they are better than everyone else, and those that are better should mould everyone else in their image.  

Get it?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
See, the liberal/anti gun mentality is that guns are bad, so anyone who has guns is bad.  They don't have guns, so they are good.  They are better than people that have guns.  And they know they are better.  And because they are better, they are enlightened, and thus are 'right'.  Their beliefs are 'right', and anyone that does not believe the same is wrong.  But because they are good and 'right', they want to push that on everyone else, because, they are better than everyone else, and those that are better should mould everyone else in their image.  

Get it?  

And most of them would see nothing wrong with what you just posted.  They're freaks!

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
repeat after me:

continue repeating until you figure it out.  these people have a screw loose, they do not use logic, nor do they use rational thinking.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
repeat after me:

This works perfectly when dealing with any lefty or reading their shit.

As you're thinking "WTF?!?" as the crap spews from their mouth, say to yourself the above line.  Suddenly everything makes perfect sense once you have a context (insanity) to hold their drivel in.

I keep posting this from jpfo.org because it's VERY helpful in understanding the so-called "mind" of someone that is anti-gun.  Read it, learn it and keep it handy.  jpfo.org/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Except for the owner of the company I work for and my wife, every person I'm around every day is very anti-gun.  Well, all most all of them believe they should be able to own guns, but the average person shouldn't be able to.  It's not necessarily that they don't like guns.  It's that they're elitists that believe they are entitled to them because they're either former cops or wanted to be a cop.  I can understand the people that are afraid of guns, because I've known a few genuinely nice people that felt that way, but I'll never understand the selfish type that wants guns for themselves but not others.  That's what I don't understand.z
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My dad taught me responsibility as a child. He also picked up his gun and said "if you ever touch this without me there supervising you, I'll kick your ass into the next time zone." Verbatim. When I was five.

Oddly enough, it worked. I never felt any desire to even touch a firearm without my father's express permission and presence, even when another responsible adult gave me permission to look at one of theirs. Funny how it works out, ain't it?

Oddly enough, that's how it went down for me too. I also grew up in Texas. Maybe we're related?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Being anti-gun is like being anti-sex.  You can be if you want too, but I'll take all the sex and guns I can get.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
repeat after me:

Rosie O'Donnell syndrome?

That's my term for liberal hypocrisy. In particular when Rosie O'Donnell wants to hire armed bodyguards but does not want us poor folk to have guns.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top