Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/15/2009 8:56:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 8:57:34 PM EST by Kuraki]
Discuss.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:57:22 PM EST
Glass bottle ftw. Cans make beer taste like pennies.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:57:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 8:57:40 PM EST by LCPL4ever]
Thats a nice .45

glass FTW
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:57:32 PM EST
I like cans the best. mainly for the convienience
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:57:49 PM EST
BS....glass bottles only.

Handy weapon if S happens.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:58:06 PM EST
Never go full retard.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:58:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By LCPL4ever:
Thats a nice .45

glass FTW

Thank you, I just finished it. Was a mil-spec Operator I bought for $400.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:58:27 PM EST
nope
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:58:55 PM EST
Depends on storage. 9 times out of 10 I'll take glass.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:59:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 9:00:01 PM EST by Nick29]
good beer (not pictured above) tastes best poured from a bottle or tap into a glass that just came out of the freezer

but glass bottle > aluminum bottlecan > regular can
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:59:16 PM EST
I am a fan of both.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:59:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By Stlrain0341:
Depends on storage. 9 times out of 10 I'll take glass.

Yeah, and bottles are easier to pee into
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:01:06 PM EST
Blind taste tests prove cans > bottles. Better sealing, better light protection. Modern lining of cans has eliminated the difference.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:02:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By Nick29:
good beer (not pictured above) tastes best poured from a bottle or tap into a glass that just came out of the freezer

Keep your frosty mugs. Unless they're at home, that's ok. But I can't understand why people at the bar have a desire to wrap their dicksuckers around a glass frosted with dirty dishwater.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:02:42 PM EST
Keith is on my side, therefore I win.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:03:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Keith is on my side, therefore I win.

You are correct unfortunately. We cannot argue with the brain of Arfcom
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:03:56 PM EST
Blasphemy!

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:05:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By Keith_J:
Blind taste tests prove cans > bottles. Better sealing, better light protection. Modern lining of cans has eliminated the difference.

Who's doing the blind taste tests? Most good beer doesn't even come in cans.

The fact of the matter is that with cans, you're making a fresh cut into aluminum, which alters the taste.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:05:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
Blasphemy!

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/Upload/ban-him.JPG

Not my 39,005 posts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:06:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 9:07:19 PM EST by Frost7]

"Beer tastes best out of aluminum."

Followed by Miller Fucking Lite.

1. Beer tastes best out of a keg.
2. Stop drinking carbonated urine.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:07:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 9:08:54 PM EST by thatjonguy]

Kegs are made from aluminum.

We all know keg beer is best.

That is all.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:07:55 PM EST

The fact of the matter is that with cans, you're making a fresh cut into aluminum, which alters the taste.

Not with these new bottles you aren't. And I like Guiness out of the can better too. Unless it's on tap, which is also aluminum. So there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:08:53 PM EST

What do YOU know about aluminum and beer?

Aluminum DOES NOT dissolve in beer. It forms a layer of aluminum hydroxide which is a gel, preventing any further contact of the beer to aluminum. And aluminum HAS NO TASTE. Can you taste Mylanta? Look at the label. You are tasting the stuff they put in there for TASTE. Aluminum hydroxide has no taste.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:09:16 PM EST
Hey, I'm every bit the elitest beer prick some of you are. Until June. Then it's fucking hot, and mildly alcoholic water is just fine for 3 months.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:09:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By thatjonguy:

That is all.

Actually, stainless steel.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:10:30 PM EST

Not with these new bottles you aren't. And I like Guiness out of the can better too. Unless it's on tap, which is also aluminum. So there.

I didn't mention bottles

However, even without the tearing of the aluminum, you do get a metallic taste when you drink out of the bottles, which interferes with the experience.

Kegs don't have this issue, and I would agree that beer tastes best out of a fresh keg with clean lines.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:11:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By inferno715:
Glass bottle ftw. Cans make beer taste like pennies.

+1
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:11:55 PM EST
In any case, it's my personal preference. Aluminum > Glass. Across the board, no matter the delivery system.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:12:57 PM EST

That is all.

I've only ever cut one open, and it was aluminum through and through. I wouldn't be able to throw a stainless one nearly as far either.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:13:10 PM EST

That is all.

I have seen an aluminum keg once or twice before with some craft beer it.

Can't remember what it was.

Thanks for setting be straight Keith!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:14:33 PM EST

What do YOU know about aluminum and beer?

Aluminum DOES NOT dissolve in beer. It forms a layer of aluminum hydroxide which is a gel, preventing any further contact of the beer to aluminum. And aluminum HAS NO TASTE. Can you taste Mylanta? Look at the label. You are tasting the stuff they put in there for TASTE. Aluminum hydroxide has no taste.

Keith, I'm smart enough not to argue chemistry with you.

If an aluminum bottle and a glass bottle were poured into a glass, I'm sure I would not be able to tell the difference.

However, when drinking strait from the source, you absolutely can taste a difference. Glass on taste buds is far different than aluminum on taste buds.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:14:55 PM EST

That is all.

I have seen an aluminum keg once or twice before with some craft beer it.

Can't remember what it was.

Thanks for setting be straight Keith!

i think i have an aluminum one around here somewhere. i found it in the backyard empty and i swear its aluminum.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:15:45 PM EST

I've only ever cut one open, and it was aluminum through and through. I wouldn't be able to throw a stainless one nearly as far either.

Now that I think about it some more, some are made from steel and some from alumnium. They would freaking heavy if they were made from steel.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:15:50 PM EST
Quality beer does not come in Aluminium.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:16:03 PM EST

Keep your frosty mugs. Unless they're at home, that's ok. But I can't understand why people at the bar have a desire to wrap their dicksuckers around a glass frosted with dirty dishwater.

What kind of bars are you hanging out in?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:16:15 PM EST
Aluminum is amphoteric. Which means it can act as an acid or a base. But that doesn't mean is jumps into solution with anything. It only dissolves in STRONG acids or bases. With the exception of ammonium hydroxide.

Water, beer, ice tea...all passive to Al.

Unless you are drinking beer with a pH greater than 13 or less than 2, the aluminum stays WITH THE CAN.

All cans are covered with a special liner which Ball et al keeps as a trade secret because is it so effective at keeping the beer away from the can. Along with the sealant on the cap.

Light degrades beer far faster. Clear bottles are JUNK, turning the alpha acids from the hops into a skunk-aroma from just a little light. Green aren't much better which is why Rolling Rocks are now in a complete box. Brown are better but still not completely effective. But aluminum? NO LIGHT gets through.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:18:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By madmedic:

Nothin fancy
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:19:25 PM EST
All glass bottles with STEEL caps have that iron taste associated with the steel cap. And it smells something horribly. But aluminum? odorless.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:21:57 PM EST
What is not beer can not be used to test beer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:22:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 9:23:36 PM EST by LCPL4ever]

Originally Posted By stealbear:

Wut?

I think he is thoroughly testing the topic of this thread
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:23:44 PM EST
Beer in aluminum is best.

Nuff said
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:24:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 9:25:15 PM EST by Kuraki]

Wut?

He's upset I'm commenting on my taste for beer packaged in aluminum and using Miller Lite's new bottle as an example, when everyone knows Miller Lite is not beer, and I should be drinking "Stuck up motherfucker in a bottle Weiss" out of a brown glass bottle.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:26:18 PM EST
Aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer's, and I avoid Aluminum cans when ever I can... I prefer glass over everything else.

Only problem is that glass lets light through, which can skunk the beer. Samuel Adams beer takes care of that with dark glass and tall sided boxes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:27:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By hifi_samauri:
Aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer's, and I avoid Aluminum cans when ever I can... I prefer glass over everything else.

Only problem is that glass lets light through, which can skunk the beer. Samuel Adams beer takes care of that with dark glass and tall sided boxes.

Drinking out of aluminum cans does not introduce any Al into your body. See Keith's posts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:28:51 PM EST

Wut?

He's upset I'm commenting on my taste for beer packaged in aluminum and using Miller Lite's new bottle as an example, when everyone knows Miller Lite is not beer, and I should be drinking "Stuck up motherfucker in a bottle Weiss" out of a brown glass bottle.

Hey now, Miller Lite is indeed beer.

Just not good beer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:30:17 PM EST
Originally Posted By madmedic:

That is what I was thinking too.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:30:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By hifi_samauri:

You get most of your daily intake of aluminum from DUST, not from anything you drink. It is very common in the environment. Unless you are drinking alumium chloride, it just does not dissolve in water.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:31:07 PM EST

Wut?

Hey now, Miller Lite is indeed beer.

Just not good beer.

Agree.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:34:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 9:34:13 PM EST by Frost7]
Oh show me.. the way.. to the next whiskey baaar. Oh, don't ask why! Oh, don't ask why!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:34:33 PM EST
What LOOKS like aluminum in kegs is really passivated stainless steel. Passivation removes the iron from stainless steel since 300 stainless steels are about 75% IRON by mass. Because 300 stainless steels are non-magnetic in the annealed condition WHICH IS the most corrosion resistant temper, kegs are dead soft.

Stainless steel is passive to lye. Aluminum will bubble violently when exposed to lye solutions.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:36:10 PM EST
stupid fucking marketing concept...fuck aluminum
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top