Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2007 4:17:42 PM EDT
What is the hivemind take on Buckethead?

He obviously is very talented, but other than the GnR stint (which I had no clue he was in that band), never saw anything about him other than on youtube.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:06:54 AM EDT
[#1]
hes crazy and badass.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#2]
He is one hell of a guitar player. I like the song "We Are One" that he recorded with Serj Tankian.

I'm more partial to his softer/bluesy stuff however. My favorite song by Buckehead is "Whitewash" on the Colma album.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
He's not too bad, very talented but lacks musical writing ability.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
He's not too bad, very talented but lacks musical writing ability.

Once again, I agree.

It seems that when guitarists reach a certain point (balls-to-the-wall), many of them just go fucking nuts and stop writing songs. They start experimenting, and all their shit from there on out sounds weird and unlistenable.

That said, Buckethead is amazingly talented.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Been listening to him for 8 years. Absolutely amazing. He has always been 'off' in his music style, but you have to remember the music is coming from someone who has never done an interview, photo op, jam session or concert without a bucket on his head and a mask on his face. Hes one of the fastest guitar players in the world and has some extremely unique techniques - check out his 'nubbing' videos (thats just the word he uses for 10-finger tapping)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top