Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 1:57:33 PM EDT
I was just told today that the US Postal Service is now selling a Muslim "Holy" day stamp. I found the stamp on their web site.

My question is: If the USPS can't print a "Christmas" stamp or a "Hanuka" stamp, why can they produce a "EID" stamp? Isn't there something in their charter or what ever that says they can't print "religous" stamps?

shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/postal_store_non_ssl/display_products/productDetail.jsp?OID=2689760

And for the mods. I am not going off about this religion. I am stunned that the USPS would break their rules for one religion over another. Personally, I am going to start writing some letters and will boycott these stamps because they are breaking the rules.

*I have been corrected. USPS just won't use the word Christmas*

For those that don't know what EID is:

Ramadhan and Eid ul-Fitr

For over one billion Muslims throughout the world, Ramadhan is a special month of the year. During the month of Ramadhan, Muslims fast from dawn to sunset every day. Ramadhan was the month in which the first verses of the holy Qur'an were revealed to Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). It is a time for inner reflection, devotion to God and self-control. The sighting of the new moon at the end of Ramadhan heralds the celebration of Eid ul-Fitr.

Here is the USPS contact information:

General Information
1-800-ASK-USPS® or (800) 275-8777
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Closed Sundays and Holidays

Email here
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Islam = PC, though a group of its adherents are fighting against our nation.
Christianity, Judaism = not PC, though our nation was founded by a group of its adherents
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I also hear they were making a stamp to commemerate the worlds oldest profession. The "Working Girl" stamp. It will sell for $.37, unless you lick it, then it's $1.00.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
More Muslim tolerance... I mean nonsense to come
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was just told today that the US Postal Service is now selling a Muslim "Holy" day stamp. I found the stamp on their web site.

My question is: If the USPS can't print a "Christmas" stamp or a "Hanuka" stamp, why can they produce a "EID" stamp? Isn't there something in their charter or what ever that says they can't print "religous" stamps?

shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/postal_store_non_ssl/display_products/productDetail.jsp?OID=2689760

shop.usps.com/images/02_eid37_d.jpg

And for the mods. I am not going off about this religion. I am stunned that the USPS would break their rules for one religion over another. Personally, I am going to start writing some letters and will boycott these stamps because they are breaking the rules.

Ramadhan and Eid ul-Fitr

For over one billion Muslims throughout the world, Ramadhan is a special month of the year. During the month of Ramadhan, Muslims fast from dawn to sunset every day. Ramadhan was the month in which the first verses of the holy Qur'an were revealed to Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). It is a time for inner reflection, devotion to God and self-control. The sighting of the new moon at the end of Ramadhan heralds the celebration of Eid ul-Fitr.

I think you need to go back and check your link? They do sell Christmas and Hanukkah stamps as well as the Madonna and Child stamp. So they seem to be fairly balanced on all religions.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Nothing to see here, typical knee JERK arfcom crap.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Might as well just say IED...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Isn't there something in their charter or what ever that says they can't print "religous" stamps?

No.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ding.. ding..

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Islam = PC, though a group of its adherents are fighting against our nation.
Christianity, Judaism = not PC, though our nation was founded by a group of its adherents

you can thank the self-loathing, anti-american liberals for this. don't you know that we are supposed to sympathize with our enemy... it's our fault they hate us
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I also hear they were making a stamp to commemerate the worlds oldest profession. The "Working Girl" stamp. It will sell for $.37, unless you lick it, then it's $1.00.

now that right there is funny. I don't care who you are.... Get er done!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

shop.usps.com/images/02_eid37_d.jpg

Ramadhan and Eid ul-Fitr

I think you need to go back and check your link? They do sell Christmas and Hanukkah stamps as well as the Madonna and Child stamp. So they seem to be fairly balanced on all religions.

Your right about one thing. They do have Hannukka stamps but no "Christmas" stamps. Madonna and child, but they can't say "Christmas" now can they? I see a Jewish "holiday" stamp, a "Muslim" holiday stamp, but no Christmas stamp. And if they had a Christmas stamp, they'd have the word "CHRISTMAS" on the stamp. Just like Hannukka and EID. Not balanced. They wouldn't want to offend any non-Christians now would they?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#13]
http://shop.usps.com/images/04_madonna37_d.jpg

Madonna and Child (Duccio)
Madonna and Child (Duccio) in the news

Madonna and Child (also known as the Stroclet Madonna or Stroganoff Madonna) is a painting by Italian Renaissance artist Duccio di Buoninsegna. Painted in tempera and gold on wood panel around the year 1300, it depicts Mary holding the infant Jesus. It is approximately 8 in wide by 11 in tall.

Do some searching...h.gif

Edit: it does say Christmas...

http://shop.usps.com/images/02_gossaertxmas37_d.jpg
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Do they not read from right to left? If so, it says DIE. Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
shop.usps.com/images/04_madonna37_d.jpg

Madonna and Child (Duccio)
Madonna and Child (Duccio) in the news

Madonna and Child (also known as the Stroclet Madonna or Stroganoff Madonna) is a painting by Italian Renaissance artist Duccio di Buoninsegna. Painted in tempera and gold on wood panel around the year 1300, it depicts Mary holding the infant Jesus. It is approximately 8 in wide by 11 in tall.

Do some searching...

Edit: it does say Christmas...

shop.usps.com/images/02_gossaertxmas37_d.jpg

My bad. Stand corrected. Thank you.

....nevermind.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Persecution complex...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You really look like a dumbass.

The USPS prints a Haunakka and Christmas stamps. Go into any Post Office and you can buy them.

You people really need to relax and lossen the tin-foil.

Can't get much more Christian or Jewish than these:

Av.

Edit: Drat, I post to slow!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You really look like a dumbass. (wouldn't be the first time, I'm sure it won't be the last. Nobody's perfect)

The USPS prints a Haunakka and Christmas stamps. Go into any Post Office and you can buy them.

You people really need to relax and lossen the tin-foil.

Can't get much more Christian or Jewish than these:
shop.usps.com/images/04_madonna37_d.jpg

shop.usps.com/images/04_hanukkah37_d.jpg

shop.usps.com/images/02_gossaertxmas37_d.jpg

Av.

Edit: Drat, I post to slow!

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

They also do Kwanzaa

I want one for the pagans too, dammit! Where's the freaken Solstice stamp, huh???
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I want them to print a Festivus stamp as well dammit !!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

WTF is that and does penecillin kill it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seinfeld reference...George wanted to create a new holiday.."Festivus"
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seinfeld reference...George wanted to create a new holiday.."Festivus"

Crap...missed that one
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

It was a holiday created by George's DAD
instead of a tree they used a pole.....cheaper
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats RIGHT! Its been a long time since I've seen that episode.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats RIGHT! Its been a long time since I've seen that episode.

After dinner they had the "feats of strength", basically where his dad kicks his a$$
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

EID backwards is DIE!!!@!

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They also do Kwanzaa

I want one for the pagans too, dammit! Where's the freaken Solstice stamp, huh???

Think we can get a petition drive going to demand a Samhain stamp?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They also do Kwanzaa

Think we can get a petition drive going to demand a Samhain stamp?

Thank you!
You KNOW I have been sitting here mumbling like a fool..."what was it called again?"

I owe ya a beer!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#30]
One must never be surprised at the
level of ARFCOM gullibility.

The scary thing is; some of these folks
actually own firearms.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Didn't they just authorize the AG to conduct an in-depth study on stamps...?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#32]
screw the muslim stamps, get these

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Where's the Kwanzaa stamp at?

Racists...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#34]
As long as we're kicking you while your down (and very deservedly) this is also a several year old bitch.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#35]
dont but that shit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top