Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2003 10:47:09 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/922441/posts?page=1[/url]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I absolutely, positively, LOVE it!  One less goblin, and good riddance.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#3]
GO TEAM!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#4]
"It appeared the homeowner fired his gun in self-defense, Fulghum said."

No shit?  Thank you, Captain Obvious.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Story seems bogus to me. Could be wrong though..

[kill]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:12:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is the story as reported on Northwest Cable News.  It was the sub-headline on their website for a while:

Bedridden Tacoma homeowner shoots, kills intruder

06/03/2003

From KING Staff and Wire Reports

TACOMA, Wash. - A man was found dead in Tacoma early Tuesday, and police say he appears to be the intruder who was shot by a disabled homeowner following a break-in Monday.

Two men broke into the south Tacoma home Monday afternoon and managed to get away, but not before the 64-year-old bedridden homeowner shot one of them.

Tacoma police officer Jim Mattheis said the body was discovered in another house in the city early Tuesday morning. Police said he was well-known by police.

“He's a white male, 33-years-old and has an extensive background of robbery and burglary with us,” said Mark Fulghum, Tacoma Police Dept.

KING
"All I know is that I figured he was going to get me," said the bedridden man. "I didn't want to kill him. All I wanted to do was stop him." On Monday, officers followed a bloody trail from the house where the break-in occurred but were unable to find the man who was shot.

Mattheis said the incident began around noon when the bedridden man heard someone enter his home. The homeowner used one hand to grab a nine-millimeter Glock handgun and dialed 911 with the other.

"All I know is that I figured he was going to get me," said the bedridden man. "I didn't want to kill him. All I wanted to do was stop him."

He told police an intruder with his face hidden behind a handkerchief entered the room, then started to back away, but turned around and advanced again.

The homeowner told police he opened fire when the man said, “I’m going to get you.” The man then fled.

Tacoma police said the homeowner told officers he had kept a gun in his home for years for self-protection. Officer Mark Fulghum said Monday an initial investigation indicates the homeowner fired in self-defense.

Police say the other suspect involved in the break-in is still on the loose
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Hurray for the good guys.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:28:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Too bad the sonofabitch only took one in the hip.  

Double tap center mass, people!  Let's do it right!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:23:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a good shoot to me, one less POS on the streets to have to deal with later. It's a shame he didn't get a shot at his accomplice. These dirtbags couldn't even get the upper-hand on a bedridden old man, which is what is so great about the RKBA.....it evens up the odds no matter who you are. Thank goodness the fella made it out of the situation ok.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top