Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2008 10:25:43 PM EDT
Listening to Licenced To Ill....Am I Old As Shit?   With A wooflleblalll bat?
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Yo, Yo Leroy....
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
My name's Mike'sD and I can do that Jerry Lewis....
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
came out while I was in college...I like Paul's Boutique as well
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah, that's old school. You're an old fart.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I loved those guys until they got old and decided to go political. Now they are a bunch of idiots.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that's old school. You're an old fart.

Ahh...I got the champaign...hold it now....yo leroy....brass monkey...that  funky monkey,,,,
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:31:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I loved those guys until they got old and decided to go political. Now they are a bunch of idiots.

fUK THAT political shitl....
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Came out when I was like 8 years old. One of my first tapes.

Good shit. Definitely a classic.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm old as shit, I guess,
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#10]
That's when they were really fucking high, and wrote good hip-hop, instead of preaching about Buddhism.  They'd never talk about doing a chick with a wiffle ball bat, now.

By the way, Paul's Boutique is one of the best albums of all time.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm old as shit, I guess,

It happens.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That's when they were really fucking high, and wrote good hip-hop, instead of preaching about Buddhism.  They'd never talk about doing a chick with a wiffle ball bat, now.

No shit...although bringing it back to t.i.m.e.s t.m.e. tr.,o get ill will proobably bring back blungoos of pussy' gettin' to me....aquanauttimeforme......you remember when the gratefful dead acid hit the scene......?
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#13]
keep in mind that the "Boys" are in their forties now. I am in your boat too. so i will let you draw your own conclusions.

but remember, you have to fight for your right to party
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fUK THAT political shitl....

+1

Anti-globalization, climate change, Bush selected-not-elected, Kyoto, etc, etc.

Why oh why do musicians like this get all political?  Do they have such an inflated sense of self that they actually think we give a rat's ass about their opinions regarding the issues of the day?

Dance and sing, monkeyboy.  Seriously... I know you're an "artist" and all that, but stick to singing/dancing/rapping; that's what you're good at, that's what we pay you for, and that's why we like(d) you.  Don't screw it up by fancying yourself some sort of activist... you'll just piss off a large chunk of your fans.  The potential costs far outweigh whatever meager props you'll get from the adoring Arts-and-Entertainment editors in your local birdcage liner.

But I guess once you're past the "starving" artist stage, and your fans have made you wealthy, you can afford to "keep it real" and piss off the section of your fans that you don't think you need anymore.

The beasties have disappointed many fans with their little left turn.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I agree with you. If Paul's Boutique was released five years after it came out it would have been huge. They were ahead of their time.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

QFT!

After all of the hold-ups and delays, I figured PB was going to go right in the crapper.

I've never been so happy to be wrong.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with you. If Paul's Boutique was released five years after it came out it would have been huge. They were ahead of their time.

Over the past 19 or so years since it came out, I've listened to Paul's Boutique more times than I can possibly remember, and it still sounds fresh.  It really was a ground breaking album, and wasn't fully appreciated as such, until some years later.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh, Beastie Boys have had nearly the same sound on every disc they have ever done. Non-evolving and formulaic!
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Meh, Beastie Boys have had nearly the same sound on every disc they have ever done. Non-evolving and formulaic!

FAIL!  I don't really like the point to which they've evolved, but all of their albums do not sound the same.  The difference between Licensed To Ill, and their follow up, Paul's Boutique, is huge just in and of itself.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#20]
"I got the Illcommunication"
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 11:18:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Pauls Boutique has a website.

http://paulsboutique.info/
    ( link is cold)
  its for the children,..

IMO the best album CD whatever its called now a days.

Link Posted: 7/5/2008 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah. You can't front on that.
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Aren't opinions cool?
Link Posted: 7/5/2008 11:51:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

See us old folks were buying the tapes and records. Way before CDs were common. It might not sound like it today, but at the time they were light years ahead of anything in the main stream. Remember this is the 1980's. Bon Jovi was just starting out and hair metal was the norm. Be happy you were young or not born and missed it!! If you don't think I am telling the truth youtube the hits from the 80's and you will see what trash was popular at the time. Now everybody just rips off the B. Boys and all the old school rappers and disco tunes for beats.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#25]
hell,, almost anyone anymore knows a beastie line ....... they were one of the most original and groundbreaking groups of the '80's.
and P.B is the best album ever :)
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm 23 and the Beasties are one of my favorites.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top