Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2001 8:08:29 PM EDT
I recently bought a custom 6mm Mauser action,G.R.Douglas barrel,and a beautiful walnut stock.It has a Bausch & Lomb adjustable base and 3x9 scope on it,that I know nothing about. The scope has on adjustments,only the base adjusts the crosshairs are fixed. Looking for some info. How rugged are they? Do they hold zero? The whole gun is like new. So I need some advise should I keep it, or go with a normal ring and scope setup? I will be using it for some light varmint hunting. I haven't had it to the range yet,thought I would ask for some advise,before I waste my time and ammo.

If I decide to change it, does someone know what this things worth? The cash could help with a new scope.

Thanks Greg

Link Posted: 3/11/2001 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#1]
It's there anyone that knows something about this mount? You guys here on AR15.com are my last chance,done been to my local shops,friends,and even the newsgroups.

I know this thing is probably as old as I am, so I need someone older than me.[:)]
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Greg,

I've got similar B&L base with matching rings and a B&L 4000 on a 300 WinMag I shoot in competition.  My experience with B&L is that they are top notch stuff.  The scope is repeatable and the base is rock solid.  I put it on the rifle and have never touched it since.  I'm not certain the year of manufacture or exact specs of yours but B&L has a solid history.  You will probably be served well by your new rig.  Good Luck.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Benchrest for the reply. I knew someone out there than one of these. You have told me all I needed to know,if it's good enough for you in competition,it should serve me well.

I also have a 300 WinMag with a B&L 6x24x40 ELITE 4000.It is the best setup I have ever had,I take everything from deer to groundhogs with it. It is a Savage 116,it will hold a 1"group all day long at 250yds. With any kind of ammo.

And my friends laughed at me when I bought a Savage.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top