User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/8/2005 4:04:10 PM EDT
hopefully this will help sci-fi get viewers for the series
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Weird- are NBC and the Sci-Fi channel connected company-wise?

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Probaly.

I saw it for rental at the Blockbastard.

I already seen up to Ep 10
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
the end of each ep has an nbc thing at the very end, at least on the eps I have gotten from england
and I still plan on watching it on sci-fi so my downloads did not cost them anything
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
NBC has butchered it.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
NBC has butchered it.

how??
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Not interested.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
they should have taken off from the end of the original series - the earth episodes, but instead they fuck it all up and make starbuck and boomer ugly females
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, I'm going to be forced to miss it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Phew, just the miniseries being re-run
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probaly.

Of the new series on SciFi?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
they should have taken off from the end of the original series - the earth episodes, but instead they fuck it all up and make starbuck and boomer ugly females

boomer and starbuck ugly? I'd hit them
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probaly.

Of the new series on SciFi?

Yea but it hasnt been in for me to get yet.  Im hoping to get it before someone destroys or steals it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NBC has butchered it.

how??

Commercial every 3 minutes
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#15]
It should be called Makeoutstar Galactica.  There's more sex in the first half hour than the whole first series.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Just another example of the Sci-fi channel taking up an established concept (ie Battlestar Galactica, Dune) and fucking it up beyond all recogniton. That just ticks me off.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Just another example of the Sci-fi channel taking up an established concept (ie Battlestar Galactica, Dune) and fucking it up beyond all recogniton. That just ticks me off.

The series gets better then the pilot in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Luckly we had the tv tuned to nbc so I was able to rewind to the start...

Not bad so far, I kinda rember it from my childhood.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They took two of the main male characters and made them freaking female! It doesn't matter how good it is. They shouldn't call it Battlestar Galactica if they're going to change major characters that way!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

NBC is now owned by Universal, which also owns Sci-Fi Channel (amongst others...)

It's kind of cross promotion...Although unfortunately, most SF stuff is pretty lame!
Still better than 3 friggin' L&O's in a row!!

(I'm a director for a local NBC affiliate, so I HAVE to watch this stuff! )

Oh Well, beats diggin' ditches!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boy, Howdy!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Galactica 1980?
now that was a clusterfuck
Although this is a different take on the series, it doesn't crap on the original like some remakes do.
And this is coming form someone who pre-bought the Cylon head boxset of the original so that I had it the day it was released
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Nuts...  I liked 'em both.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
the end of each ep has an nbc thing at the very end, at least on the eps I have gotten from england
and I still plan on watching it on sci-fi so my downloads did not cost them anything

where do you download from.im me if you would about where you get them.if you don't mind sharing your source.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#25]
the producer and director said old BG fans would probably not like it but I like the new one way better than the old series. The old series was too 70's TVish. This one is grittier and more in your face
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#26]
They need to bring back Space:Above and Beyond..............that was a kickass show
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The SciFi version of Dune was far closer to the book than the Movie was (if you haven't read the book then do so, it's probably the best SciFi book ever).
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Is the guy who plays Boltar the same guy who played Dr Bashir on Deep space 9 ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The old series was too 70's TVish.

Yep, I got two words for ya: Lorne Green!

This new series makes me forget how hokey the old one was...almost.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The old series was too 70's TVish.

Yep, I got two words for ya: Lorne Green!

This new series makes me forget how hokey the old one was...almost.

As long as they dont put that stupid robot monkey dog in it, it should be fine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I liked the old one as a kid and I like the new one as an adult...

Anybody who thinks Boomer and Starbuck are ugly needs to come out of the closet.

I also think the space combat is about as realistic as it could be.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#32]
They cut out several scenes from the opening - to make room for copious commercials among other stuff.

I had watched the episodes as aired in the UK and noticed parts that were cut.

Supposedly this first 4 part mini series is out on DVD - rent it and compare.

Now back to my regularly scheduled BOOK.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They took two of the main male characters and made them freaking female! It doesn't matter how good it is. They shouldn't call it Battlestar Galactica if they're going to change major characters that way!

What do you have against females?  Wait until you've seen the first 10 episodes like I have until you pass judgment.  They've taken what was good about the old series and left out the cheesy stuff.  It's one of the best sci-fi series I've seen in years.

Besides, if some changes were not made, there would be no point in a new series.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Was it just me or did the spaceships not make any sound(no noise in a vacuum)in the original airing?
I caught a few minutes of it and the ships were making stupid woosh sounds
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you have against females?  Wait until you've seen the first 10 episodes like I have until you pass judgment.  They've taken what was good about the old series and left out the cheesy stuff.  It's one of the best sci-fi series I've seen in years.

Besides, if some changes were not made, there would be no point in a new series.

+1
I like the idea of the old ships not being networked and not getting affected by the Cylons
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I've seen all the episodes aired in the UK (downloaded of course, I'm not a Limey) and I think it's a kickass show.  I can't really remember the original from when it first aired since I was so young, so perhaps that helps.  In watching some reruns of the original scifi was recently and maybe still is running I have no love for it now.  It's just too hokey and 70's-ish.  The new one is well done IMO.  The space stuff may not be perfectly realistic but it's better than nearly every other scifi space show of recent years, I like the way they've done the space battles and stuff, I love that the ships have little thrusters all over them to maneuver.  And the special effects seem pretty good to me so far.

I definitely enjoy watching it along with Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis.  The SciFi channel finally has some decent scifi shows...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I thought it was ok. I watched it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#38]
BSG is definately a great show.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:22:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was it just me or did the spaceships not make any sound(no noise in a vacuum)in the original airing?
I caught a few minutes of it and the ships were making stupid woosh sounds

All the noise in the space battles were like what you would hear through the radio, the staticy bumps of the autocannons and hum of the engine.  I thought it seemed much more spooky like real space battle would be.

The fact that they have projectile weapons instead of some hokie energy weapon is cool too.  Another big thing is the inertia the space crafts develop and the way they stear much more like space than like airplanes, which is the big mistake most sci fi combat shows make.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I like the way they've done the space battles and stuff, I love that the ships have little thrusters all over them to maneuver.  And the special effects seem pretty good to me so far.

The visual effects were done by the same group that did them for the Firefly TV series – and they used almost identical techniques in both shows (i.e, extreme attention to detail in the spacecraft, shakey images and out-of-focus shots during action sequences, off-center framing of the subject, etc.) – Makes most  other TV sci-fi shows look lame by comparison.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#41]
now don't get me wrong, I really think the new series is great except the story line

but I do like all the twists, like the networked fighters, hot chick cylons, etc
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:59:24 AM EDT
[#42]
I think it's worthy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Isn't Battlestar G. just like "Lost in space"  ? WARNING-WARNING Will Roberson......Dr. Smith just broke the main trottle handle.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:06:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The SciFi version of Dune was far closer to the book than the Movie was (if you haven't read the book then do so, it's probably the best SciFi book ever).

Are you freaking stoned. I've read that mook more times than I can count on both hands over the years.

Please show me where in the book  Feyd and Irulan had any form of hot tub fun? Please show me where Paul was portrayed to be a whiny little bitch? And don't even get me started on the rediculous costumes (ie Feyd's Dart of Doom).

huh. Tell me to read the book? You might want to take your own advice there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:20:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Sure there would. Just don't try to call it the original. The only reason they changed male characters to female is to appeal to a demographic and I guessed it worked.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Supposedly this first 4 part mini series is out on DVD - rent it and compare.

It is available on DVD, I've seen it at Best Buy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:54:37 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure there would. Just don't try to call it the original. The only reason they changed male characters to female is to appeal to a demographic and I guessed it worked.

It is called "women empowerment".
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:00:31 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is called "women empowerment".

Or "giving men ages 18-35 masturbation material so they'll watch this show and maybe support the sponsors"
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:07:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Gay?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#50]
I think the new BSG is the best sci-fi on TV, bar none.

I have downloaded them all, and will watch them again when Sci-Fi starts showing the series on Friday nights this week.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top