Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 3:12:53 PM EDT
Does anyone play this anymore?  I'm getting bored of BF2 and have been thinking of reinstalling it.  I always dug the historical aspect of it, and the mortar/artillery.  If folks still play it online I'm all over it.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I use too, but EA patched it to where it's unplayable.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Vietnam is like Special Forces.  I bought it and went OMFG WTF is this piece of shit?!!!!!  And i havent played it since.  Rumor has it some of the mods like DC,FH, and PoE are still going fairly strong.  Hell, I have even toyed with the idea of reinstalling just to play DC again.  GOD those were the days!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
BF:V was alright, the ONLY thing I actualy liked about it was the music aspect of it.  Always fun riding aroud in a Helo with Fortunate Son blaring on the speakers
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#4]
BF2 is better.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Normal BFV wasn't very good IMO, but you could download a mod called Point of Existence that made it AWESOME. The mod is set in the beginning of the 21st century with the Americans fighting the Russians, so all the weapons and vehicles and stuff are modern. I wouldn't say it's worth it to download it now, however. It's over 1GB IIRC and almost nobody plays it anymore.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I miss the mortar..... that is all.  Sounds like nobody is into the BFV, oh well.  I still own with BF2.   I am timingchain with BF2 and i'll look for you all.  I'm on rubberducky server  mainly 'cause I get good ping..
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:46:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
BF:V was alright, the ONLY thing I actualy liked about it was the music aspect of it.  Always fun riding aroud in a Helo with Fortunate Son blaring on the speakers

yeah that was cool!

In BF2 I tend to select all 169gigs of my muzak and play in shuffle mode.  
I'm a soldier with an Ipod  yeah thats it
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does anyone play this anymore?  I'm getting bored of BF2 and have been thinking of reinstalling it.  I always dug the historical aspect of it, and the mortar/artillery.  If folks still play it online I'm all over it.  

I actually like the Point of Existance Mod in BFV better than BF2.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I still load it up every so often.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top