Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 3:18:06 PM EDT
Ok im having a real problem here....I bought Battlefield Vietnam, installed it, ran it, worked fine, then randomly while playing my entire computer shuts down.  Not sure why.  I blow the requirements out of the water...I have BF1942 working fine..

I have 2 copies of the game, one from the collectors pack (1942 and vietnam), and also the individually packed BF Vietnam.  Both copies do the same thing.  I installed on two seperate harddrives and same effect.

What might be causing it to crash?  I might be paranoid, but maybe when I go and use the scope button ingame, is when it happens mostly (if i recall?)?  

thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
did you download the latest patches?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#2]
i guess ill try and do that.....i mean it should run without updating ..being i got the collectors pack (which should ship with the final version of patches normally)....  ill post again if it works or crashes...

again, it shouldnt just crash my comp, thats like not normal lol..and I did uninstall, and then reinstall fresh again, to no avail.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
open the case make sure all fans are spinning.

check the bios see what rpm level the cpu fan is spinning at.   amd should run at least 4k rpm

intels at least 2500rpm

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
open the case make sure all fans are spinning.

check the bios see what rpm level the cpu fan is spinning at.   amd should run at least 4k rpm

intels at least 2500rpm

all my other games run fine....Call of Duty 2, etc...all the high end games run perfect...  its some sort of software error..

I just checked and I already have 1.2, which IS the most recent version....

ideas?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
email ea customer support
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#6]
i knocked my texture detail down to medium...and it works fine so far..

i read in the FAQ text of the game that NVidia cards (certain ones), while in high res/texture mode on one map will make it crash...i think they didnt get all the bugs out of this one before shipping...

i havnt played the map it crashed the last two times on, but so far its good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top