Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 7:03:29 PM EDT
Should be some decent arse kicking.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks!!!  Missed the start, but set the Tivo to pick up the late nite showing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I missed it earlier cause I was dickin around on Arfcom....just a heads up for all the other dicking arounders..
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Gasoline + Blasting Cap = Cool
Napalm +  Blasting Cap = Way Cool

ETA: OMG they used accurate and AK in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
It was a good program. I liked the "trafficability" studies the Israelis did on the Sianai desert. It really helped with the speed and surprise of their advance against the Egyptians. THe battle for the GOlan heights was pretty well covered too. I liked the one tank historian and the pics of the Israeli "modified" shermans, damn good job.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ETA: OMG they used accurate and AK in the same sentence.

AKs are passably accurate (minute of torso) as long as you don't chop the stock off and spray and pray while your shemagh (or PFD) gets in the way.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I taped because there was alot of FAL action. I love FALs

I thought the AK/Uzi comparison was funny. The tester did call the AK a "rifle" a couple of times, but he never called the Uzi a "sub-gun".
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#9]
It was an excellent feat of arms by the Israelis, but as a case study to follow, I think the 73 war is much better. It showed how new technology can change a battlefield in only a few years, and how it is vitally important never to get cocky and under-estimate your opposition. Many Israelis died in the Sinai in the process of being re-taught that lesson by the Egyptians.

NTM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top