Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:13:44 PM EDT

Today we have some big announcements that we’re excited to share with you! First of all, news about 2 new booster packs that will expand the battlefields of Battlefield 2: Battlefield 2: Euro Force and Battlefield 2: Armored Fury.

Euro Force will be released on February 8th and sees the introduction of the all-new European Army in 3 new maps. Each Euro soldier will come equipped with a new primary weapon, from the FNP90 to the Benelli Tactical Shotgun. There will also be 4 new vehicles, including the (in)famous Eurofighter.

The 3 maps are “Operation Smoke Screen”, “The Great Wall of China” and “Taraba Quarry”.

Armored Fury will be released on March 28th and the focus is on large mechanized battles, harking back to the El Alamein style maps on BF1942. There will be 3 new maps – “Midnight Sun”, “Operation Harvest” and “Operation Road Rage” – but also 2 new vehicle classes. Attack Jets and Recon Helicopters, which can spot nearby enemy units, will make their debut.

Both packs will be available exclusively online at downloader.ea.com at £5.99 (~$10) in the UK.

As well as these booster packs, we are of course still utterly devoted to providing updates to Battlefield 2. We can’t say it enough; thank you all for your support and dedication! Update 1.2 is currently undergoing public beta testing and will be released very soon. As with the first list, this second list includes confirmed fixes only:

• Server search filters now work properly
• All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the “G” key.
• Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
• Flash bang effect radius decreased
• Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
• Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
• Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
• Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
• Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
• Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
• APC Update – “Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials”. This fix was a miscommunication to the patch team. Chinese and MEC APC’s have been reverted and the LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
• Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
• Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
• Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
• Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum time before arming.

This is a list of confirmed fixes only – we are still looking at others that we hope to be able to announce soon.

I'm intrigued by the Armor pack.  I hope the server filters really will work now! *crosses fingers* and i'm really glad to hear about the 2 fixes to the grenade launcher.  n00b t00bers die!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
noob tube 4 ever!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn them!

They listen to the damn sissy girl whinners about the GL. At least they didn't nerf the GL that much. I love my noob tuber. I guess I will have to play more with the kit before it gets castrated. Return to my roots, so to speak.

I like that the mines can't be destroyed with explosives so easily. Kinda eliminated the need for Engineers. to clear a mine field

Maybe I'll be able to see with night vision once again, with my crappy graphics card.

"Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter " What bug? Haven't noticed anything...

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The US EA site has a more complete list of fixes in the next patch.

*  Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
   * TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
   * Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
   * AA missile lock has been improved
   * Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
   * Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
   * Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
   * "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
   * Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
   * "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
   * "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
   * The Sa80 weapon has been improved
   * The G3A3 weapon has been improved
   * Reload while sprinting has been enabled
   * Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
   * Damage decreased for the M134
   * Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
   * Server search filters now work properly
   * All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the “G” key.
   * Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
   * Flash bang effect radius decreased
   * Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
   * Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
   * Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
   * Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
   * Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
   * Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
   * APC Update – “Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials”. This fix was a miscommunication to the patch team. Chinese and MEC APC’s have been reverted and the LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
   * Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
   * Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
   * Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
   * Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum time before arming.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm skeptical, sometimes people bitch for so much realism that patches end up destroying the GAME. Some of the fixes are definitely good, however, how many times have you known an enemy was laying prone behind sandbags, so you jumped while firing down, not possible w/ the new patch.  More sniper accuracy, great,entire teams of snipers, and increased support accuracy, anyone remember the M60 in BF:V originally, a full auto sniper rifle?  Other fixes look pretty decent, although it's honestly easy enough already to shoot down helos, with fewer hit points, it'll be raining helicopters soon, I cannot stand people who ruin a combined arms game by always bitching about how it ruins infantry, go play callof duty, AA, or anything else that concentrates on infantry battles.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm skeptical, sometimes people bitch for so much realism that patches end up destroying the GAME. Some of the fixes are definitely good, however, how many times have you known an enemy was laying prone behind sandbags, so you jumped while firing down, not possible w/ the new patch.  More sniper accuracy, great,entire teams of snipers, and increased support accuracy, anyone remember the M60 in BF:V originally, a full auto sniper rifle?  Other fixes look pretty decent, although it's honestly easy enough already to shoot down helos, with fewer hit points, it'll be raining helicopters soon, I cannot stand people who ruin a combined arms game by always bitching about how it ruins infantry, go play callof duty, AA, or anything else that concentrates on infantry battles.

good.

It needs to rain jets also.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good.

I'll make sure to find you on the map witha couple bombs
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

* TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
   * Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
   * AA missile lock has been improved
   * "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
   * Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time

Glad to see TV missiles have been toned down.
2 changes to AA and airplanes are going to make bomber whoring harder
Changes in diving and jumping are going to change the game dramatically.  Will be interesting to see how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

good.

I'll make sure to find you on the map witha couple bombs

and if I see you on the ground I will redefine the word "owned" for you
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#10]
They're turning the grenade launcher into a nerf toy with the reduced explosion radius and damage, but the arming delay was definitely needed from Day 1.
They arent talking about reducing the helicopter missiles, but the pilot's rockets. What helicopter carries 8 rockets? They come in either packs of 7 or 18.    I say give him a full 36, but no reloads.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Aircraft, both helos and fixed wing, should only be able to reload with the assistance of a support kit presant. So this means they would have to land to get reloaded. No more Johnny friggin rocketeer wasting you every time you move. It would force the aviators to conserve ammo.

Friggin pricks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Aircraft, both helos and fixed wing, should only be able to reload with the assistance of a support kit presant. So this means they would have to land to get reloaded. No more Johnny friggin rocketeer wasting you every time you move. It would force the aviators to conserve ammo.

Friggin pricks.

you mean airpower dominates on the battlefield?!? no! say it ain't so, thats not realistic at all!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#13]
they should not tone down the air power hit points so much, but they should follow  the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 and let a Kit have the shoulder fired stinger.  you could make that part of support or engineer  kit or whatever.  The stinger is already int eh game, just need to code for the manpack as opposed to the twin mounted.  Or hell, make an AA Humvee like the ADA use that has 4 stinger mounted.  If they can do the Phalanx and static stinger they can do one of those.  I'm not even going to ask for  Mk19 mounted on a humvee.

It is possible that they tested one or all of these ideas and found them tilting the game balance too much.  Hell, I'd like to see the armor and IFVs use stabilized gun mounts on the main turret, but I suspect that would throw things off game balance wise as well.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friggin pricks.

you mean airpower dominates on the battlefield?!? no! say it ain't so, thats not realistic at all!

It is realistic.

But a belt fed machine gun that can't put two bullets on a person 10 feet away IS NOT.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
they should not tone down the air power hit points so much, but they should follow  the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 and let a Kit have the shoulder fired stinger.  you could make that part of support or engineer  kit or whatever.  The stinger is already int eh game, just need to code for the manpack as opposed to the twin mounted.  Or hell, make an AA Humvee like the ADA use that has 4 stinger mounted.  If they can do the Phalanx and static stinger they can do one of those.  I'm not even going to ask for  Mk19 mounted on a humvee.

It is possible that they tested one or all of these ideas and found them tilting the game balance too much.  Hell, I'd like to see the armor and IFVs use stabilized gun mounts on the main turret, but I suspect that would throw things off game balance wise as well.  

I would give my left testicle for an in-game MK-19.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friggin pricks.

It is realistic.

But a belt fed machine gun that can't put two bullets on a person 10 feet away IS NOT.

now that I do agree with, the 249 and other support class weapons are downright pathetic, but I think they were afraid of having the same issue as in BF:V with the M60, they still need to find a happy medium
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'd prefer an air-defense-equipped guy be in his own class, like the anti-tank guy is now.

And an Avenger (HMMWV with 8 (I could dig four with a reload) stingers and an .50cal in a turret) would be pretty cool.

I really like how the reality mod seperates high explosive and AP rounds for the tanks and IFVs, that would be a nice addition as well.

There will be 3 new maps – “Midnight Sun”, “Operation Harvest” and “Operation Road Rage” – but also 2 new vehicle classes. Attack Jets and Recon Helicopters, which can spot nearby enemy units, will make their debut.
Sounds like the A-10 and AH-6 or Kiowa Warrior will be included in the Armored Fury pack.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friggin pricks.

It is realistic.

Yes, it is realistic, but its not supposed to be realistic, its supposed to be fun.  They do need to find a happy medium for everything, so not just a couple of jet-whores can dominate.

I, for one, welcome all the proposed changes.  The more they piss off the players, the better the changes are in the long run.

I do like the avenger idea.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Here'sa link to some renders from the upcoming expansions.

X-pack renders

Looks like A10 and Harrier made it in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#20]
   *  Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14 - Good fix - it's already bad enough that rearming doesn't require landing or much time
   * TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range - Good fix - it got REALLY annoying when helicopters hovered over their LZ and fired the TV missile across the map again and again and again and no one could even see the helicopter, much less engage it
   * Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced - Good fix - The AA has a tough enough time even getting ONE hit on a jet, much less 3 to destroy it
   * AA missile lock has been improved Good fix - needed.  Wasn't this supposed to be "improved" last patch?  I think it was made worse on the last patch.
   * Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy Good fix - Hopefully the MG can actually HIT something now.
   * Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy Dunno - was there ever an accuracy problem here?  Apparently, but I wasn't aware of it.
   * Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy Same as above - Dunno - was there ever an accuracy problem here?  Apparently, but I wasn't aware of it.
   * "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible Good fix - it's about time!!
   * Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time Good fix - should be interesting.  While there were legitimate uses for jumping and shooting, the "bunny hopping" around while shooting was a bit absurd.
   * "Prone Spamming" is now fixed Not really sure what this was...  standing up and going prone quickly?  It might be good if this means you have to kneel before you can go prone and have to kneel before you can stand up (from prone).  It is absurd that you can go from prone to sprinting in half a second.
   * "Sprint exploit" is now fixed Good fix - wasn't aware of the exploit though.
   * The Sa80 weapon has been improved Good fix - how was it "improve" though?  Other than being a bit weak compared to the M16 and being inaccurate on full auto, I wasn't aware of any "weaknesses".
   * The G3A3 weapon has been improved Good fix - Good to improve this unlock since the non-unlock for assault was better due to the "noob toob".
   * Reload while sprinting has been enabled Good fix - though I just wait until I start the reload and then sprint.  It still continues to reload.
   * Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials Good fix.
   * Damage decreased for the M134 Good fix - Even up the firepowere of each team's helicopters.
   * Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use. Good fix - whew.
   * Server search filters now work properly Good fix - but I won't believe it until I see it.
   * All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the “G” key. Good fix - YES!!!  Finally I can use claymores for flag capturing without killing my teammates after they respawn because I can't pick up my claymore's!
   * Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives Good fix - I don't know why they changed it in the last patch.  It really ruined an already weak class - the Engineer.
   * Flash bang effect radius decreased Dunno on this one...  it's not like the FB's were used that much, and it was nice to be able to disable a vehicle temporarily.  I wonder how much they lessened it.
   * Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits Good.  I wonder what they will be...
   * Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas. Good fix.
   * Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded. Good fix.
   * Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders. Good fix.
   * Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter Wasn't aware of any bug, but it's a fix, nonetheless.
   * Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased Same as above.
   * APC Update – “Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials”. This fix was a miscommunication to the patch team. Chinese and MEC APC’s have been reverted and the LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials. Okay...  good fix.
   * Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks). Okay - Good fix.
   * Performance gain found in static mesh rendering. Good fix - better performance is always appreciated.
   * Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced. Dunno - didn't think the blast radious on the grenade launcher was all that big to begin with.  I guess they are trying to discourage the use of the GL on troops.  EA said they primarily put it in the game to give ground troops a defense against vehicles - not to use against troops.  If that's the case, then this was a good fix.
   * Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum time before arming. Great fix - now the "noob toob" whores will need to use a real weapon.  It was always annoying to get fragged by a grenade launcher from 10 feet away and watch the one who fired it run away unscathed.  Unrealistic - good fix.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#21]
the sa80 in inaccurate  even on singly shot, I used the scope the first flag on Strike at karkand, aimed at the roof of that little buidling right next to the flag, and subsequently missed the guy w 3/4 of my shots, and he had time to turn around and kill me, ridiculous
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the .50 sniper rifle still just as weak and short-ranged as the .308 sniper rifle? That was one thing that really turned me off to BF2 when I tried the demo.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:28:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Is the .50 sniper rifle still just as weak and short-ranged as the .308 sniper rifle? That was one thing that really turned me off to BF2 when I tried the demo.

Neither one is "weak".  They do 92% damage on a torso hit.  A headshot will kill with one hit.  They went this route with the sniper rifles in order to achieve better gameplay.  IMO, it was a VERY good decision otherwise games would only consist of all snipers running around with the Barrett.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:40:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Here's my problem, and if it is the same as BF2 SF then I won't be buying these packs.

SF works as a fucking mod where to play the maps/game you have to load it up to run those maps and you can only play those maps.

SF would be so much better if a single server could run ordinary BF2 maps right in line with the SF maps, to make it a campaign of sorts.    Go from Karkand, to Sharqi, to Warlord.

That would kick ass.     And with such servers, if a person didn't have SF content they'd simply be dropped from the server and could rejoin when the server went back to BF2 maps.

My hope is that soon mods will come out for SF that convert ALL of the BF2 maps over to be playable in SF.    Grappling hooks and zip lines on Karkand, that would kick ass.

Same goes for these expansion packs, if all their maps were converted to be playable in line with BF2 and SF all on one server....     Then I would buy them.

But as it stands, it isn't worth the time/PITA to load up these stupid expansions for 2-3 maps and that's it.    Not unless they were HUGE monster maps with loads of capture points on them that allowed you to always have something to do non stop.

I don't want a piece meal game where you play 2-3 maps and say to yourself, wow that was fun, now what I need is some european action and wait 5 minutes for it to load rather than simply being the next map in the revolution.

Internet gaming has a word for it and that word is the "ghey".
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Neither one is "weak".  They do 92% damage on a torso hit.  A headshot will kill with one hit.  They went this route with the sniper rifles in order to achieve better gameplay.  IMO, it was a VERY good decision otherwise games would only consist of all snipers running around with the Barrett.

92% is more damage than either rifle doled out in the demo. I could expend every round of ammo I had at a person who would've been well within range in the old game and not do 1 point of damage. I do agree that too many snipers of any sort can ruin a map. I don't see why they couldn't limit 'sniper mayhem' by limiting the number of Barretts per map, though. That solution worked well.

Let me say that I'm not resentful that so many people do enjoy BF2. More power to them. Something that suits my tastes will come along sooner or later. It is the nature of gaming.
Galland
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#26]

"Ranks have been expanded"

Also looks like the new sniper rifle will be the L96A1.  Bolt action with High Damage and Very High Accuracy
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Is good...  even though I have the M95 unlocked, the M24 is still more accurate and I use it much more often than the M95.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#28]
so the sniper will go from a .308  to a 50 cal  to a 338 LM   or 308.  what caliber will it be.

they screwed that one good
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#29]
From watching a video of the beta testing earlier, the AA has been dramatically improved.  To the point its' going to take airstrikes by the planes before helis will even be able to take off
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Wooot! Bring on the patch!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
so the sniper will go from a .308  to a 50 cal  to a 338 LM   or 308.  what caliber will it be.

.338?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.338?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

.338?

www.links.gunblast.com/images/ArmaLite_AR-30/MVC-007F.jpg

I know what it is... I dunno what you were referrin to though when you said .338?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#34]
More reviews of the 1.2 Alpha.

www.bf2.se/page.php?id=541
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

.338?

I know what it is... I dunno what you were referrin to though when you said .338?

you must not have seen the LM (lapua magnum) at the end.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

.338?

you must not have seen the LM (lapua magnum) at the end.  

I would like to see a 408 Cheytac sniper rifle in the game personally
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
More reviews of the 1.2 Alpha.

www.bf2.se/page.php?id=541

lets hope we don't see more snipers like they suggest.   I'm really on the fence so far, it sounds like they really weakened the Spec Ops class, whcih is frustrting, I saw very little of the C4 players, what was good about being ableto quickly detonate was being able to fight back against idiots who drive around spawns running peopleover repeatedly
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm actually hoping we do see more snipers!  They are going to be needed to counter the upgraded AA.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Okay, this may cause me to buy the expansion if it is true.

wolfgaming.net/vb/showthread.php?t=24870

Wolf gaming are service/hosting providers so I'm tempted to believe it.     Basically they are saying the european theater maps will be able to be run on BF2 vanilla servers.

That is the only reason I will buy them is if I can load BF2 and play all the maps on the same server.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Some more Beta pics of the new soldier skins in the upcoming boobster pack. I wonder what new kits are available with these new soldier 3D models. Link may not be work safe:

forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=16180&sid=5214a2d831cbf0180396591e32771774
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some more Beta pics of the new soldier skins in the upcoming boobster pack. I wonder what new kits are available with these new soldier 3D models. Link may not be work safe:

forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=16180&sid=5214a2d831cbf0180396591e32771774

boob toob perhaps  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:37:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The problem is that the sniper rifles can't hit the broad side of a barn. You can have the crosshairs dead on someone, especially with the M95, and NEVER hit them.

The M95 patterns like a dang shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:33:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem is that the sniper rifles can't hit the broad side of a barn. You can have the crosshairs dead on someone, especially with the M95, and NEVER hit them.

Actually, that's not true.  When I started out with the sniper rifle, I was absolutely horrible.  However, recently I have gotten to be pretty good with it.  I have played with/against some of the other guys from here and most can attest that I am proficient with it.  As the distance to your target increases, you need to compensate for bullet drop.  It's the same with moving targets.  Rarely (if ever) will your crosshairs be dead on to get the hit.

The M95 is less accurate than the M24.  I only play sniper class if I am on the US side (since the M24 is the only really good sniper rifle), and will rarely use the M95.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Actually, that's not true.  When I started out with the sniper rifle, I was absolutely horrible.  However, recently I have gotten to be pretty good with it.  I have played with/against some of the other guys from here and most can attest that I am proficient with it.  As the distance to your target increases, you need to compensate for bullet drop.  It's the same with moving targets.  Rarely (if ever) will your crosshairs be dead on to get the hit.

The M95 is less accurate than the M24.  I only play sniper class if I am on the US side (since the M24 is the only really good sniper rifle), and will rarely use the M95.

Any idea of the drop say over the span from the top of the TV station to the first line of buildings on Sharqi (pointed toward the construciton site and crane)?  

I'll have to try it out in a server tonight along with my continued experiment in flying helos.  I can gun , but flying is a bit of a challenge.   I usually end up crushed into my gunner as the helo plows into something.  I can't figuer out how to "nose down" to fire rockets without charging at the target.  I need to be able to hover and nose forward with out moving forward.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The M95 is my weapon of choice when a sniper for one reason: It allows me to stop helicopters.

On the rare occasion that the M95 actually is able to hit where it is supposed to, I have successfully used it to crash helicopters and kill everyone inside. Zapping the pilot is a particularly neat trick that has saved more than one flag point and tons of lives. By the time the other guys in the chopper figure out what has happened, they are usually dead.

The M24 usually hits where I want it to, as does the Dragunov. The M95, however, stinks.

I know you have to compensate for bullet drop, but the M95 has difficulty hitting a stationary target less than 50 meters away sometimes.

It sucks.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any idea of the drop say over the span from the top of the TV station to the first line of buildings on Sharqi (pointed toward the construciton site and crane)?  

I'll have to try it out in a server tonight along with my continued experiment in flying helos.  I can gun , but flying is a bit of a challenge.   I usually end up crushed into my gunner as the helo plows into something.  I can't figuer out how to "nose down" to fire rockets without charging at the target.  I need to be able to hover and nose forward with out moving forward.

If you are using rockets to kill some armor, you are going to have to make runs at it. You can't nose down enough without moving forward like you say. Unless you are using TV missles, hovering can get you killed quick if you are engaging armor. When I'm fighting just infantry, I will hover all day long so either myself or my gunner can take out all the poor souls that pop their heads out.

-d
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are using rockets to kill some armor, you are going to have to make runs at it. You can't nose down enough without moving forward like you say. Unless you are using TV missles, hovering can get you killed quick if you are engaging armor. When I'm fighting just infantry, I will hover all day long so either myself or my gunner can take out all the poor souls that pop their heads out.

-d

That's when I break out the TOW missile.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I need my sniper badge among others, so I will try different aiming points.

Anyone want to be my target?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I need to be able to hover and nose forward with out moving forward.

Either drop in altitude so you can still hover, or learn how to orbit the target so that your guns and missles are always focused on the point you want to obliterate.

Problem with orbiting is that when you fire the missles will go several feet to the left or right of your aiming reticle so you have to compensate and lead, if orbiting to your left you need to aim to the right of the target by a fair margin to lead the missles into the impact zone.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need to be able to hover and nose forward with out moving forward.

Either drop in altitude so you can still hover, or learn how to orbit the target so that your guns and missles are always focused on the point you want to obliterate.

Problem with orbiting is that when you fire the missles will go several feet to the left or right of your aiming reticle so you have to compensate and lead, if orbiting to your left you need to aim to the right of the target by a fair margin to lead the missles into the impact zone.

I also find it helps to throttle down to around 30%,  nose down just enough to fire 5-6 missiles, then pull back and increase throttle slightly to check your forward speed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top