Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/20/2006 6:04:01 PM EDT
Due this fall (xmas).

The trailer:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-DnK-d_sp0
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:17:39 PM EDT
Typical EA bullshit.

BF2 is probably just a beta for stuff they were looking to work out for this ghey mechbot cluster fuck.

Once BF 2142 comes out they'll pull all support for BF2 and tell the community they are trying to focus on correcting their screw ups in BF 2142.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:36:58 PM EDT
I think it looks DAMN cool. I, for one, can't wait.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:49:24 PM EDT
Im waiting for Crysis

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:51:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By uglygun:
Typical EA bullshit.

BF2 is probably just a beta for stuff they were looking to work out for this ghey mechbot cluster fuck.

Once BF 2142 comes out they'll pull all support for BF2 and tell the community they are trying to focus on correcting their screw ups in BF 2142.

No shit. BFV could have been one of those games for history to remember. BF:V became a joke after EA "patched" the game out of existance.

EA has seen the last bit of money I'll spend on the BF series with BF2. I'm tired of half assed games coming from EA and will not be buying this one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:49:50 PM EDT
Looks great, but only in terms of graphics. I've always HATED that Mechwarrior-type crap. Combine that with Inviso-flage (TM) and, yes, it's eXtremely g4y (and I NEVER use that word).
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:31:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:42:42 AM EDT
Crysis looks hot.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:05:49 AM EDT
looks like a better version of mechwarrior 3
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:12:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cruze5:

With dolphin diving!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:32:17 AM EDT
I'm a sucker. I'll buy it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:43:54 AM EDT
I've put off going to BF2 until 1 year after it's "final" patch, just so that the modding community can fix the bugs and netcode (again. Currently a BF42DC player).

It will be 2142 by the time I get around to picking this one up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:52:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 6:26:45 AM EDT by Miranthis]
I won't bite unless the game-night-guys refuse to play BF2.

I actually like BF2, despite it failings. I loved DC for BF1942, but this is better. I still miss MLRS and C130H but the trade offs are worth it (and we may get those back in Armoured Fury).

Now that there are alternative persistant scoring systesm I thingk that even if EA drops support someone will p/u the baton and we'll still get to play with our ranks and unlocks.

I hope I am not wrong.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:06:59 AM EDT
I like the ground combat of BF2 with individual soldiers. If it is all Mech stuff I don't know if I would like it as much. I probably would need a new video card just to run it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:13:43 AM EDT
It looks very cool to me. I will probably have to get a new machine to run it though.

I enjoy BF2 for the most part. Just wish EA would try to get it right the first time around.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:04:18 PM EDT
Hmmm, Planetside with better graphics
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:28:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Atvar:
Hmmm, Planetside with better graphics

Maybe you will be able to find hundred year old weapons, and pwn the map with them. I bet a PKM could take down a mech, at least with how the PKM's are balanced now
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:20:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:

With dolphin diving!

What would be worse if the Mech Vehicles Side step and Bunny hop, now that would be REALLY gay! Just imagine that in your head... lol.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:54:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BushmasterGuy77:

With dolphin diving!

What would be worse if the Mech Vehicles Side step and Bunny hop, now that would be REALLY gay! Just imagine that in your head... lol.

Nathan

Mech Sex? No thank you. Trying to quit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:51:36 AM EDT
I'm curious if the big gay uber mechs could climb up a 3% grade without stalling out....

Like the lame ass fucking tanks in BF2 now.

Better yet, walking in that mech, better not step on an ant hill as you might take 3 bars of damage.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:07:55 AM EDT
Yeah I hate that shit with the tanks too. Since when does an Abrams blow the hell up when it hits a pothole???
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:14:55 AM EDT
Check out the 21CW mod guys. I think you'll like what they've done with the equipment and damage models.

GeorgiaBII
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:17:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Usafwolfe:
Yeah I hate that shit with the tanks too. Since when does an Abrams blow the hell up when it hits a pothole???

Maybe the manufacturing plant was outsourced to Austria?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:53:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Usafwolfe:

Maybe the manufacturing plant was outsourced to Austria?

I'll sell you a 3-Piece Abrams... The round exploded due to an over-sized chamber

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:23:23 AM EDT
Wow, what a really stupid trailer. <patheticwhineyvoice> "We didn't expect the ice!" </patheticwhineyvoice>

The mechs look blocky and lame. Ed209 from robocop had more articulation. Some of the infantry looked cool, but they are going to be useless with the emphasis in mechs. Infantry will now be only used for switching vehicles. EA needs to think about ballance between the units.

Just my 2 cents.

--mort
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:26:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By purplecheese:

With dolphin diving!

Nathan

Mech Sex? No thank you. Trying to quit.

from South park:

[Satan]Is Sex the only thing you talk about?[/Satan]

[Saddam]I Love You[/Saddam]

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:53:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mort:
Wow, what a really stupid trailer. <patheticwhineyvoice> "We didn't expect the ice!" </patheticwhineyvoice>

The mechs look blocky and lame. Ed209 from robocop had more articulation. Some of the infantry looked cool, but they are going to be useless with the emphasis in mechs. Infantry will now be only used for switching vehicles. EA needs to think about ballance between the units.

Just my 2 cents.

--mort

No kidding. Might as well make the game about walking over snow to rescue your stranded son in NYC, all the while you have to take flags along the way.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:46:40 AM EDT

from South park:

Nathan

You just had to bring that up didn't you?

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:54:24 AM EDT

from South park:

Nathan

Of course, but [bigGayAl]Im Thuper, thanks for asthking[/BigGayAl]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:00:45 PM EDT

from South park:

Nathan

Of course, but [bigGayAl]Im Thuper, thanks for asthking[/BigGayAl]

Jeesuth Chrisstth

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:03:48 PM EDT
AHHH ITS GLOBAL COOLING!!!!

dammit, why do they have to do this stuff.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:06:29 PM EDT
I tell you what, take the mechs out of the mix and it could be a really cool MOD for BF2. Mechs are gay, I stopped playing MechWarrior a long time ago and have no desire to start again.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:24:08 PM EDT
Also,

I wanted to check a few things out, this is intersting if you read the whole thing. Another reason that BF2142 is gona suck and the other reason BF:V sucked and BF1942 and BF:2 were great.

http://thestrategists.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=30
Top Top