Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2015 7:21:01 AM EDT
Well seems we are in a new era of vaping with the latest sub ohm tank choices that are out there

I haven't got them all but I did manage to pick up a few

Let's start with kangertech

Tank: Subtank series (mini and nano)-single coil

Price: 30-40$ depending on vender

Capacity: 3ml nano 4.5ml mini

Heads: 1.2 and .5 ohm

Airflow: mini 1mm 1.5mm dual 2mm and wide open
            Nano 1mm dual 2mm and wide open

This is my personal favorite tank. The flavor is great, capacity is stellar on the mini and filling it is a breezy. You don't need a lot of watts to get great performance out of this tank. The nano is the same way except for capacity. At 3ml you can burn threw a tank very quickly chain vaping.  Disassembly is easy to clean.  Replacement coils can be had for around 20$ for a pack of 5.  The mini also comes with a rebuilding deck replacement glass spare o-rings and 2 coils, .5 and 1.2.  The nano only comes with 2 coils, .5 and 1.2 and spare glass tank.  

Herakles by sense-dual coil

Price 30-40$ depending on vender

Package contents includes 2 coils, a .2 and a .5 ohm coil

Tank holds I believe 3ml of juice

Coil heads are verticle  with organic cotton

Air flow has 4 settings I believe with 2 air holes open on each setting

Airflow ring has a heat sink style look

This tank is possibly my second favorite.  Flavor and vapor production is right up there with kanger providing you have enough watts going to it. The vape is more of a warm dense vape due to higher watts than the kanger.  On my .5 ohm coil I vape between 50-70 watts depending on juice and get great flavor although chain vaping can make the drip tip hot. My only complaint is the capacity. I can run threw a tank like no tomorrow. I could probably go threw 2 tanks compared to kanger 1 tank if chain vaping.  Coil heads can be had for around 15$ plus shipping.  Cheapest place I've found them on is sweet vapes.

Innokin Isub tank

Capcity 4ml

Heads-2 0.5 ohm

Package includes tank and 2 .5ohm coil heads-single (i assume)

No drip coil head change design

This little baby was picked up for 20$ which is the cheapest of the sub ohm tanks i've bought.  It holds about 4ml of e-juice.  The tank, chamber, and drip tip is all one piece with polycarbonate tank(be mindful of certain juices that will crack this tank)  Coil heads can be changed by unscrewing the lower base and pulling the coil out and putting a new one in...which is a breeze.  Flavor on this think is about up there with the kangertech subtonic series.  Air flow is 2 slithers which are adjustable by sliding either left or right.  There always going to be dual airflow open by the way its designed.  Cloud production is up there as well with this tank.  

More to come on

Artic

Will also get pictures of each tanks as well
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree, the kanger tank is great. My favorite tank probably for a long time. I started with the Aspire Nautilus after my last kayfun took a crap. Bought the kanger less than a week later.

I'm filling the full size kanger tank every other day and I vape a lot. Hope I don't break it!
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Added airflow option to op as I forget. It's also rough guess on size
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the kanger subtanks and after using the Arctic I couldn't go back. The Kanger is a huge step up from the Nautilus I had before but the Arctic is just as big a step up from the Kanger.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:03:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting because I find the flavor the same if not less with the arctic

I just got the innokin isub in yesterday and so I've been trying that out

I'm still giving a final run with the arctic and herakles before I start writing up on those as well

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered a vapor flask Dna 40 so I'll get some occ nickel coil heads and see how they do as well
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got an Aspire Atlantis V2 yesterday, vaping with the 0.5ohm coil on an Aspire ESP 30W box mod....awesome tank, it makes huge clouds and my e-juices taste way better than from my old Ego setup.

Really impressed with it, I really like the adjustable airflow options.

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Debated on getting the aspire but I heard bad things about there coil heads I believe. I may pick one up anyways
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Debated on getting the aspire but I heard bad things about there coil heads I believe. I may pick one up anyways
View Quote

The only complaints that I have heard is the price of the sub-ohm coil heads, they are a bit pricey.

Thing vapes like a dream.

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell give me a little review on it with what comes with it capacity how much and how much coil heads are and I'll throw it in the OP with credit to you
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#10]
OP,

Don't forget to point out that the Herakles and Artic are Dual coil unlike the Kanger and the Atlantis.

Might help out some of the new faces we get in here.

Good job on the reviews so far!
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just ordered a vapor flask Dna 40 so I'll get some occ nickel coil heads and see how they do as well
View Quote
I've had the Nickel coils for a week or so now. I have to say I've been pleasently surprised by the performance.

i have yet to find the "sweet spot" quite yet, but It's slowly getting there.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Small review on the isub by innokin is up
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Certain juices can crack pyrex?  Thought that was only an issue with some types of plastic.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Certain juices can crack pyrex?  Thought that was only an issue with some types of plastic.
View Quote

Isn't Pyrex plastic or am I getting it confused?  It's the same plastic that the iclear tanks used
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I indeed got it confused. It's not Pyrex but polycarbonate
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#16]
So which one of these has the best airflow? (either these models listed, or any other "sub-ohm" tank out there) I would love to find a dripper where I don't have to refill it every 4-8 drags.

For comparison, my most air-challenged dripper I use anymore is the Hobo v2 – and that barely has enough airflow for my liking, yet it still has four (4) 2mm x 4mm air holes which seems like that would give it about 10 times the airflow of these sub-ohm tanks. ...and my second most used dripper of late is the Mutation X v2 which has about 3 times the airflow as the Hobo...
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Arctic has the most out of all with 4 slots  second would be innokin isub with 2 slots or the herakles

I can't compare to the hobo but I will try and get pictures up tonight
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I indeed got it confused. It's not Pyrex but polycarbonate
View Quote

Nice.  For a minute there I was very curious what on earth some people could be vaping that would crack borosilicate glass.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I picked up a Kanger subtank mini 2-3 weeks ago and started with the .5 ohm coil.  Airflow is amazing, especially wide open.

Started getting a few dry-ish hits and decided to try the rebuildable deck yesterday.  Used the pre-installed .5 ohm coil and cotton that came in the box . . and it worked great from the get-go.  It's my first time trying a rebuildable.

When I looked into buying coil making supplies I found that you can buy a Kanger-branded baggie of 19-20 pre-wound .5 ohm coils and japanese cotton for about $7.  Seems like a bargain.  Kanger Pre-wound coils and cotton

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I picked up a Kanger subtank mini 2-3 weeks ago and started with the .5 ohm coil.  Airflow is amazing, especially wide open.

Started getting a few dry-ish hits and decided to try the rebuildable deck yesterday.  Used the pre-installed .5 ohm coil and cotton that came in the box . . and it worked great from the get-go.  It's my first time trying a rebuildable.

When I looked into buying coil making supplies I found that you can buy a Kanger-branded baggie of 19-20 pre-wound .5 ohm coils and japanese cotton for about $7.  Seems like a bargain.  Kanger Pre-wound coils and cotton

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-ba05lt/product_images/uploaded_images/kanger-cotton-3.jpg?t=1428692503
View Quote

Damn that would last me a year. Good find
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm running a Aspire Atlantis V2 .3ohm (reading .29) bvc@80w and it is fantastic. It easily matches my favorite RDA.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm looking hard at the Zephryus right now.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Haven't forgot about the arctic yet. Just haven't been to keen on it

I'll be ordering the dual and single coil heads for it and try it out again
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Haven't forgot about the arctic yet. Just haven't been to keen on it

I'll be ordering the dual and single coil heads for it and try it out again
View Quote

One thing i can say about the Artic is,

The first 10-20 hits on it are kinda meh. sometimes even blech. Until the coil breaks in that is. Then they work very well.
I've been through 8 or so coils on mine with the same results.

What i have been doing is letting the coil soak for 20-30 minutes and running it at a low wattage (30 or so) for the first 20ish hits. Then i let it rip.
My last 2 coils lasted through 100+ml of juice before they started producing the "i'm about to go" flavor.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought a Subtank Plus from the vendor from Vapor Super Saver(see the coil link in an earlier thread) & couldn't be happier. Recoiling & rewick costs less than a buck and no dry hits from deep chain vaping.

But damn, it's a fat tank!
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Starting to like the arctic more and more as I use it

It requires a lot of watts for the dual coil

Gonna try the single coil heads this week on my dna40 and see how well it performs
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm a new user of the Subtank Mini, up from a Aerotank.

I'm enjoying it very much!
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://vapenw.com/zephyrus-sub-ohm-tank-by-youde

View Quote

I ordered one after seeing the deal on vaporjoes,   should have it in a couple of weeks,  I'll post back what I think.   Looks like a nice unit in the pics/vids that I've seen.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#29]
About to order the kanger tech occ vertical coil heads. Might be a lot better
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
About to order the kanger tech occ vertical coil heads. Might be a lot better
View Quote

I would like to hear i they perform better.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#31]
I can't give much of a review of the Mini against other brands, but, I can tell you that I just realized that the used Mini I bought is apparently a version 2 with one wide slot on the side.

I ordered two more mini's shortly after and these are version 3 with 2 slightly shorter slots on each side.

I am using version 3 with Banana Cream and have been getting the occasional dry burn. When I realized that it was different, I closed it up a little which seemed to tighten the draw slightly and no dry burn hits.

I am using version 2 filled with strawberry banana milkshake wide open and have yet to get a dry burn and I know I take longer and deeper drags on that in comparison to version 3.

Point, I guess it's kind of hard to give a decent review of any one item if there are more than one version of it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#32]
picture?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
picture?
View Quote

of the two different tanks?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#34]
yes please
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Was easier to make a video:

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Interesting

I've read up on it and seems like it's a rolling change

Mixed reviews about it being subtle but not night and day

I'm waiting for .5 vertical coil heads and I'll try and find a base with dual air to try out

Btw I'm fine with the arctic testing just need to type up the review

It's been very great
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm expecting an iSub G(lass) in the mail this week. I haven't messed with sub ohm vaping in around a year or more since my mech mod started acting funny.

Do you think it's worth getting a kanger subtank if I already have an isub? I didn't really do enough research to get caught up on current tech. I honestly just got fed up with my protank going through heads every other day and rage ordered an iStick 50 and isub after seeing them on vapor Joe's blog.

How long do the isub coils tend to last?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#38]
I like my sub better than isub

Coils can last about a week if your not chain vaping all the time
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#39]
So I've been using the Subtank Mini for about 3 weeks now. I've rebuilt the OCC's once and still going on them, albeit, I'm running them at 24 watts.

I currently have 3 mini's in rotation, each loaded with a different flavor.

I've been thinking of trying different tanks, but my train of thought is that the differences between tanks that a lot of people refer to, mostly about vapor and flavor differences, is subjective in my opinion.

That said, I am using 3 minis, with 4 nib for spares.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I just received my iSub G and iStick 50w. The iSub G seems to work well, but I don't really have much to compare it to. I've used RDAs and an AGA T2 RTA before, but that's about it.

The flavor seems good to me. I diluted my MBV juice by 50% with VG and it's still flavorful.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#41]
So I drilled a couple of 5/32 holes in the Mini RBA and loaded it up. I did not enlarge the openings on the bottom edge of the sleeve.

Other than maybe adding a little bit more cotton to prevent flooding, I set the Sigelei 100w plus to 50 watts and WOW, what a difference. Flavor and vapor was good, but, it was a hotter vape, and I did not care too much for that.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Well the dual air hole bottom piece for the subtank came in couple days ago

Spent a few days playing with it and comparing it

The difference is barely if anything noticeable. Maybe slightly more air flow but flavor and vapor production is the same to me

The juice I was using was 80/20 vg of my own blend from the same batch/bottle

So if you get a subtank mini with a single or dual airflow don't worry there's no difference
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I ordered one after seeing the deal on vaporjoes,   should have it in a couple of weeks,  I'll post back what I think.   Looks like a nice unit in the pics/vids that I've seen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://vapenw.com/zephyrus-sub-ohm-tank-by-youde

The Zepherus showed up today.   slapped it on my Nemesis with the included .3 ohm head and filled it full of my raspberry/mtdew mix ( 50/50 6mg nic ).

The thing is built really clean,  threads are well cut and smooth,  air control ring on the bottom is smooth and not to loose. Filling is a piece of cake removing the top cap and pulling the little silicone flap up,  replaces easy too.  Wide open it flows so well it's like it's not even there.   I have it closed down so the opening is about 3mm wide and it hit's like a dream on a pure mech.   Flavor is great.   No complaints here at all except that now I'll have to get a VW box mod to find out what it's like to make clouds.   If you are modding your subohm tanks to get better airflow,  quit and just get on of these,  honestly I don't see how you could need more airflow,  I'm only about 30% open on the slot and it still flows pretty damn good.

I'll build up a set of coils on the rebuilable deck and report back before long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top