Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 3:24:39 PM EDT
Looks like they FINALLY went back to the old 1930s style and character (but ironically done in contemporary times). Looks like we might actually get an honest to goodness Batman with balls who is on a vigilante mission motivated by anger and hate.

Sadly there is going to be a lot of goofy, gimicky shit too. I wish the'd pass on the swiss army utility belts and wonder Batmobiles.

So far as close as anything has come to the original Batman is Brandon Lee in "The Crow."

And like "The Crow" this one looks kinda dark.  The previous look promising.

So what's your prediction. Are they gonna pull it off or fuck it up?

I'm hoping they nail it. They did manage to nail Spiderman.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
a few liberties aside,
I believe they will do B'man justice this time around...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a big fan of Christian Bail, so it'll be interesting to see.  I'm hoping they do it right.  Unfortunately, I think the campy Batman of the 1960's ruined Kane's creation.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The first Crow was awesome and well done this will be SHIT!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW, there's a hi-def 1080p trailer up at the Apple quicktime site if you've got the right codec and a machine ballsy enough to play it. (Roughly minimum 2 GHz G5.)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm hoping they do it right.  Unfortunately, I think the campy Batman of the 1960's ruined Kane's creation.

Yeah they fagged it up pretty good.

Fucking 60s.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I am looking forward to it, I have been a fan of Batman since I was alittle kid, lets see, late 60s.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Went to Wal-Mart tonight and they had a 24" figre that was pretty impressive.  May get that one for the living room where the theater is.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top