Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 7:06:50 PM EDT
Maybe I'm prejudiced, but FOX is very pro-Yankee and anti-Braves.  Tommorrow, the NLCS starts and it is on a 1600 Eastern Time, not prime time.  With one exception, all the Yankees games have been on prime time.  The pregame tonight, Kennedy and the female partner were talking about all the 'good news' for the Yankees and hardly mentioned the A's.  All the game announcers dialog seems to favor the Yankees.  What gives and why isn't the NLCS in prime time?  There's not even a Yankee game on tommorrow night.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Larry,
I don` think fox has control over the game schedule. Besides advertising revenue probably has a lot to do with it. I`ve been told that viewership and attendance goes up where ever the Yankees play. Even in the places where they aren`t liked. I`ll admit I`m a Yankees fan, so i`m biased. The Yankees are fun to watch. With Steinbrenner muzzled most of the time and Joe Torre in charge, they just seem to be the classiest act in baseball.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Or how about the team that the Yankees will be playing on Wednesday.

You know... The one with 119 wins and counting?

Go M's!!!!

[-!-!-]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top