Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 2:41:06 PM EDT
I have a baseball signed by the 1985 Pittsburgh Pirates . How do I find out how much it is worth ?

It is not a new in wrap ball.I know it is a legit ball because my mom worked for the Pirates that year and got it for me for my birthday from the team .

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one from the 1970 Orioles.  I have no idea what it's worth, but it isn't for sale anyway....
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a baseball signed by the 1985 Pittsburgh Pirates . How do I find out how much it is worth ?

Like you do for a gun's value: find another one like it & see what it's listed/sold for. You might find a hobby card shop in Pittsburgh to assign a value as well. I'm also betting it will be worth less outside of the Pittsburgh area than inside.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like you do for a gun's value: find another one like it & see what it's listed/sold for. You might find a hobby card shop in Pittsburgh to assign a value as well. I'm also betting it will be worth less outside of the Pittsburgh area than inside.

That's the thing , I have never heard of another one in existence . As far as I know it is one of a kind .
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
There are collectors that collect team signed balls, but the market seems pretty soft.  Authentication is a big deal with all the faked stuff out there.  It's one of those neat items that's tough to sell for much.  You can look thru an issue of Sports Collectors Digest and see the ads of dealers who sell that stuff and they will have team balls from all different teams all different years.  You might at least get an idea what THEY are trying to get for something like that if you do that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top