Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2001 8:57:32 PM EDT
I have three boxes of Topps wax packs, '86,'88,and 91. Plus some packs of '92 score csrds. I don't know if I should open them or leave 'em. Were there really any great rookies those years? I think the card hoby is all about the rookie cards these days. Maybe if I get some great cards I can buy another AR!

My real incentive is all that gum. We used to buys 20 or 30 packs at a time and end up with HUGE wads of gum in our mouths. I'd chew it til my jaw was sore and I was bouncing off the walls or too sick from all the sugar.

Decisions, decisions.

Sherm
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are wanting AR money sell the unopened packs at a high price for just the chance of getting a rookie card inside.  Saves you some work.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Sherm, I like your sig line. You should change it to, "I eat anthrax and shit smallpox!"
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey Sherm, I like your sig line. You should change it to, "I eat anthrax and shit smallpox!"
View Quote

LMAO
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Heh heh eheh heh

Bunghole said "shit." heh huh heh heh

edited cuz I know how to spell bunghole!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for saying this, but it will hurt your feelings.

Baseball cards are worthless pieces of cardboard that companies artificially inflate the values of in order to increase demand for a product.

Baseball card companies in the past through the use of the Beckett baseball card magazine and other price lists pump up a demand for a product that had no demand whatsoever.  The book listed the particular baseball card for say $20.00 each, but who would actually that much for the item (a fool).  They were pretty much creating fiat money that had nothing to backup the value of the items with unlimited circulation.  For example, if the Beckett listed a Griffey Upper Deck rookie card for $150.00 times 1 million cards produced, the baseball card company literally just created 150 million dollars.  What would keep these companies from producing more cards just to sell more product.

[url]http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&pb=&ht=1&st=2&query=1986+topps+packs&SortProperty=MetaEndSort[/url]

I would not count on making serious money with these cards.  Ebay has them for dirt cheap.  Try to make money elsewhere.

Use them for target practice.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#6]
If they're wax packs then I say open the things. It's too easy to open them replace the cards and reseal them. They won't command a high value on todays market as a complete package.

Alex

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if the Twins cards are going to be worth something since it looks like MLB is forcing them and the Expos to fold.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
once i bought an unopened pack from like 77' and there was nothing in it just commons. dammit.  my brother used to work in a card shop and he's got so many hockey cards, if he sold em for what he paid he could buy at least 3 preban ARs..i stopped collecting in jr high cuz i wanted something i could do something with, not just take up space...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top