Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:05:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/3/2007 9:06:53 AM EDT by freema22]
OK, my new rifle has been done for about a month now, and I have not broken it in yet. The instructions that I received from Stag said that I should fire about 300 rounds down the barrel without cleaning, and that is all I need to do.

The big question that needs answering is what type of ammo should I use? I am not going to try and sight in at this point, I will just flinging lead downrange. I know there are strong feelings both ways for Wolf. Economically, Wolf ammo makes the most sense for dumping rounds downrange. But, am I opening myself up for other issues related to the "dirtiness" of Wolf ammo? What do you guys do?

Mike F
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:07:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:50:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By freema22:
OK, my new rifle has been done for about a month now, and I have not broken it in yet. The instructions that I received from Stag said that I should fire about 300 rounds down the barrel without cleaning, and that is all I need to do.

*I* wouldn't break in one of my barrels that way. Call me old, stupid, whatever, *I* use the old fire one shot/clean, fire one shot/clean, etc. for at least 10-15 rds.

But, if you're hellbent on doing it the other way, just use good old ball FMJ.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:03:12 PM EDT
I would avoid the Bi-metal Wolf. The copper jacketed should be fine. I would clean the barrel first to get out any manufacturing goo and grime. I do this by shooting some Brake Kleen down it and running quite few patches through. I don't know how scientific it is but it has become some sort of a ritchual for me when I take a new rifle out for the first time. I would run a boresnake with a little solvent on it after every mag for the first 100 rounds. You can tell Bi-metal Wolf from copper jacketed with a magnet test, if it sticks its Bi-metal, also if the ammo box doesn't have "Copper Jacketed" printed on it somewhere its Bi-metal. If some one here has more knowledge about the difference between Bi-metal and Copper jackets I would love to know if I'm on the right track or being too picky.
Top Top