Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2001 10:19:35 PM EDT
I saw a used Baretta M1A (BM-62) in a gun store on saturday. It was on consignment, asking price was $1325.

Anyone know anything about these rifles?
Fit and finnish looked real good. It had a short barrel, somewhere around 18 inches.
The magazine in it didn't look like a regular M-14 mag. Will it take standard mags?

I've been considering buying a Springfield Armaory M1A Scout rifle, should I buy this Baretta or pass it up?
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
$1325 is a pretty decent price for one of these rifles.  Mags are getting harder to find and of course a bit more expensive then regular M14 mags - and no, it won't accept M14 mags.  Check the link out for more info;
[url]http://www.reesesurplus.com/bm59parts.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I would pick it up.  The price is really good.  I would look to see who made the receiver.  Whether it was Baretta or Springfield, they will function just right.  I think the Baretta receiver is more desireable, becasue its the origional???   Not too sure on that, but I really like the look of these rifles.  If you can afford it, I'd get it.  Very cool looking and not everyone on the block has one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top