Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 9:22:37 PM EDT
Barbecue Joint Needs Permit For Busty Mannequin
Under City Rules, Figure Is Considered Sign

READING, Ohio –– A man who runs a suburban Cincinnati barbecue joint says the busty mannequin he put out front has been good for business, but city officials say he needs a permit to keep her there. The Design and Review Board in suburban Reading said under city rules, the figure is considered a sign, requiring a permit.

Restaurateur Kenny Tessel said the 5-foot-10 mannequin, dressed in a bikini top and tight short-shorts, cost him nearly $200 but he quickly made that back from customers.

He already has made one change. He removed a chain that kept the mannequin tethered to a utility pole after police said that was against the sign code.

Tessel had chained the mannequin because he said he didn't want some "yahoo" tossing her into the back of a pickup truck.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
There are at least 3 WTFs in that article.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

READING, Ohio –– A man who runs a suburban Cincinnati barbecue joint says the busty mannequin he put out front has been good for business, but city officials say he needs a permit to keep her there. The Design and Review Board in suburban Reading said under city rules, the figure is considered a sign, requiring a permit.

Restaurateur Kenny Tessel said the 5-foot-10 mannequin, dressed in a bikini top and tight short-shorts, cost him nearly $200 but he quickly made that back from customers.

He already has made one change. He removed a chain that kept the mannequin tethered to a utility pole after police said that was against the sign code.

Tessel had chained the mannequin because he said he didn't want some "yahoo" tossing her into the back of a pickup truck.

Really.....how desperate does one have to be to do.............

On second thought, never mind. I don't want to know.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just want to know what the address of this place is with the hot mannequin that isn't chained down.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm surprised they are worried about this in a town like Reading.  For those who've never been there its kinda like a Jimmy Buffet fan's idea of heaven...hmm wait wait...the weather isn't nice enough...its what Larry the Cable Guy would call home.

Men who drive trucks that cost more than their homes, woman who are cute till they hit 19 and are guaranteed to pop out a few, a tactically located liquor store in the center of it and more bars than all the educational, cultural, historical and government buildings combined....

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:45:26 AM EDT
[#6]
he had to do it, imagine what kinda shitty barbeque they have in ohio.

i was in PA once and ordered a BBQ and got sloppy joes, talk about gross.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:48:05 AM EDT
[#7]
need pics of mannequin
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:49:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Kenny Tessel, the owner of KT's Barbecue in Reading, stands next to BarBe Q. The city is trying to have him remove the mannequin from the front of his stand.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:49:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have skipped over the part where they said this is in Ohio......
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:57:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Bureaucrats are what is killing this country!!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:01:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://cmsimg.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=AB&Date=20090429&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=904300325&Ref=AR&Profile=1056&MaxW=550&MaxH=650&title=0

Kenny Tessel, the owner of KT's Barbecue in Reading, stands next to BarBe Q. The city is trying to have him remove the mannequin from the front of his stand.

I'd hit it.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:03:48 AM EDT
[#12]
i've been looking for a mannequin to take to the range  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#13]
So I have to take down my smoke shop Indian Native American? Oh wait the feminist cunt who drove by and didn't like the fact the mannequin had bigger beewbies doesn't care about my Indian
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:07:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Self important little twits.

Probably got picked on in school....then they get on a city council or become an HOA president.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:09:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Amen brother!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:10:04 AM EDT
[#16]
It's amazing how tight a grip the powers that be have on small businesses. I had to scrape the automotive stickers off the shop window back when i worked up north. Apparently they didn't meet code.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:12:21 AM EDT
[#17]
But, it's "for the children".

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:15:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It's amazing how tight a grip the powers that be have on small businesses. I had to scrape the automotive stickers off the shop window back when i worked up north. Apparently they didn't meet code.

When I worked retail we put up a "SALE" sign on the front of our building.  The police and local code enforcement showed up telling us we had to take it down or pay a fine.  We needed to get permits to hang additional signage on the outside of the building.  

Oh, and I guess looking at plastic boobies is almost as good as looking at real boobies?

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When I worked retail we put up a "SALE" sign on the front of our building.  The police and local code enforcement showed up telling us we had to take it down or pay a fine.  We needed to get permits to hang additional signage on the outside of the building.  

Oh, and I guess looking at plastic boobies is almost as good as looking at real boobies?

in before someone says "If I can touch them, they're real..."
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#20]

A fucking permit for a mannequin???

ETA: IN front of HIS store???

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:23:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Kind of a creepy mannequin.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Motorboat.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Holy Crap –– I've never seen a mannequin with such large chestages.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
he had to do it, imagine what kinda shitty barbeque they have in ohio.

i was in PA once and ordered a BBQ and got sloppy joes, talk about gross.

Actual there is decent BBQ in OH, http://www.montgomeryinn.com/

Being from VA I'm not really sure if your in a position to talk smack about other people's BBQ.  After all, you don't make good BBQ, your neighbors to the south and the west do
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Holy Crap –– I've never seen a mannequin with such large chestages.

Chesticles.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#26]

BIG tits & BBQ.......what more could a man ask for?

(burp)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top