Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2001 3:49:26 PM EDT
When I asked why I wasn't able to log onto their site, I got the following:

Yes, we ban people.
The purpose of Democratic Underground is to provide a discussion forum for Democrats and other individuals from the political left. We are building an online movement to effect progressive change in our country. As a privately run website, we are not obligated to give equal time to opposing points of view. In fact, we will do whatever we feel is necessary to maintain the integrity and the left-wing character of our message board.

If you are here to disrupt our board, we will ban you.

If you are here in a misguided attempt to convert us to your conservative ideology, we will ban you.

There are plenty of places on the Internet where you can engage in flame wars with individuals of opposing ideologies. This is not one of them.

We reserve the right to ban anyone for any reason, and to delete any post for any reason.
View Quote

Here's the link where I got it.  It was emailed to me directly from democraticunderground.com

[url]http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID23/19.html[/url]

This was my response to the email:

Thank you for your "explanation".  I guess it really IS true that roaches scurry back to dark places when the light is turned on.  

If this is your "open minded" liberal party, then I want no part of it.  This just proves to me that the left has NO respect for our freedom, when you so obviously and openly ban people JUST because of their view point.  I will see it as my privilege to post this message to other boards as proof that the left ideology is SO lame and weak, that you have to shut out people out of fear that they MAY change your mindless cronies.  

Just for the record.  I was NOT a 'trouble causer' on your site.  But if you have to ban me to keep me from speaking the TRUTH about the conservative right, letting your little trained minions believe what your retoric machine spews out, then I leave them to role in the 'garbage' of stupidity.  Congratulations!  You've made me EVEN MORE conservative.  Your true colors have been made known.  

God help our country!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2001 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Orion,
You are my new hero. Way to go man! Those assholes make me want to[puke]
At least you told them off real good
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Democraticunderground.com is just a big circle jerk.  A bunch of close-minded, group-think children who just plug their ears and start yelling when you try to present an alternate point of view.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh Oh...  I sense the beginning of a "Free Orion" Campaign !
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks SPORTSMAN SUPPLY, raven, and RBAD.  I couldn't believe when I received that from them.  And the funny thing is, they think they are so "pro first amendment".  They have even slammed FreeRepublic.com saying that 'they don't follow the first amendment because they ban us. . . we don't do that at DemocraticUnderground.com!'   I wish there was a way, now, to post this on their site so they can see just how anti-freedom they are.  

Yes, they make me ALSO want to [puke]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, by the way, I went there under the name of [brown]Jaden[/brown].
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I am now 'Eric The Red'[:D] on their pissant
forum.

I will be far off the map to the left, a true neo-Stalinist hardliner, who will give these lame 'running dog lackeys of the bourgeoisie'
a true taste of Marxist-Leninist theory in practice.

Eric The(DialecticalMaterialist)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top