Posted: 8/12/2002 1:06:30 PM EDT
From DU, that is.

I'm at 16 bannings and going forward.  [whacko]

DU is fun!  (if you like punishment)
[stick]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Glutton for punishment, eh?

Sorry, but I just can't handle that place. Every time I've visited, I've felt my IQ being sucked into the keyboard by the vacuum at the other end.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I find that we (gunnies/conservatives/libertarians) have a LOT in common with them.  We have the same fears and mostly the same hopes.  We just see it differently on HOW we accomplish our goals.

We want to do it correctly and they're all jacked up :).

Seriously, I think someone has it out for me.  I get deleted everytime I stick them with the truth.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I assume you were "Creation?"

(Sigh)

Look, I know you have fun, but all you really do is continue the stereotype of gun-rights supporters as knuckle-dragging baby-killers.  

I enjoy fvcking with their minds.  Over 1600 posts and haven't been kicked off yet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
What the Heck is DU...is it missing an "I"?
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]www.democraticunderground.com[/url]  Enter at Your Own Risk.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What the Heck is DU...is it missing an "I"?
View Quote

[url]http://www.democraticunderground.com[/url]

Have fun!!!!! Those fucksticks drive me nuts!!

-T.

KBaker.. You sumbitch, you beat me to it!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I assume you were "Creation?"

(Sigh)

Look, I know you have fun, but all you really do is continue the stereotype of gun-rights supporters as knuckle-dragging baby-killers.  

I enjoy fvcking with their minds.  Over 1600 posts and haven't been kicked off yet.
View Quote

Hey, you know what?  [moon]

So, now I'm a "knuckle-dragging baby-killer"?  Get real!  The only reason they haven't booted you is because you started out real mellow, now have such a reputation and a high post count, and now they'd be accused of censorship if they booted you.

IMO, you owe thanks to me and the tens of others that have been plinking away at that site for years.  You don't really think the Justice forum was even the remotest pro-gun back then, did you?  I, along with others helped them to come out of the closet.

Not that I don't appreciate your comments as I find them informative.  Still, don't piss on me as some knuckle dragging baby-killer.  That's just plain uncalled for!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Whoa there, cowboy!  I'm sorry!  I did not mean to say you [i]are[/i] a "knuckle-dragging baby-killer!"  Honestly!  My point was, because your posts were generally hostile, that's how [i]they[/i] dismiss you.  That's why you get booted.  You're hostile.  Same reason DU'ers who post here get booted - they're hostile.

Please accept my apology for a poorly worded post.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I made my post last week mocking sarah (smoke 'em up) brady and janet (I can't stop shaking) reno. My login info no longer works. Think I was banned?
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#10]
No harm, no foul.  Still, I'll give you one more for effect [moon]

:)

And generally I'm not hostile, well, only to CO who has the mods on speed dial.  I've found that the last 3 bannings have been after I've told CO to stuff it.  Bannings follow in about 5 minutes.  

What can I say?  CO is just touchy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No harm, no foul.  Still, I'll give you one more for effect [moon]

:)

And generally I'm not hostile, well, only to CO who has the mods on speed dial.  I've found that the last 3 bannings have been after I've told CO to stuff it.  Bannings follow in about 5 minutes.  

What can I say?  CO is just touchy.
View Quote
Aw, c'mon.  I just sucked "I'm taking my ball and leaving, 'cuz you don't play fair" CO Liberal back into the gun dungeon and spanked him.  Now THAT's fun!  I love setting him up then throwing his words back in his face!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#12]
You just haven't figured out The Formula.  I'm on my 4th incarnation, but have made it well past the "700 Club" - I won't say how far for fear of DU spies finding me out.

[peep]

Here are the secrets to staying out of hot water at DU:

1. Never, EVER say Al Gore lost or that GWB won the election of 2000.  That is the ultimate heresy, and a single "Get over it" comment will get you banned instantly.

2. Never insult anyone personally.  Ad hominem attacks are allowed only against conservatives, Republicans, etc.  If you disagree with a DUer on some issue, politely explain why you think you have a better idea.

3. Spread your time around among the forums.  Discuss a variety of subjects.  Do not post exclusively about guns or gun control.  Post in the Lounge and be friendly.

You can express conservative ideas on DU.  You can even survive as a pro-gun person.  kbaker has been doing it for a long time.  Gun-related threads always get consigned to the "Gungeon" a.k.a. the Justice/Public Safety forum.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not too worried about getting banned (hey, I'm at 16 bans, it doesn't hurt anymore [kill]  ).  And I'm not out for a reputation or a high post count.  That, IMNSHO, is but a shallow show of acceptance.  I just wonder sometimes at the level of hypocrisy there.  I thought the evil Repukes were the squelchers of free speech (?)

Besides, I have a friggin' TON of hotmail accounts!

:D
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not going to take credit for this, but you guys ought to read [url=www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=35860&forum=DCForumID35&omm=0]this thread[/url] that DIDN'T get chucked into the Gun Dungeon (to my endless amazement.)  

Now THIS one was FUN!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I know it's entertaining at times, but I have better things to burn my energy on. I am more interested in converting the masses of middle-of-the-roaders to our side than I am interested in wasting my energy on ignorant zealots.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah,

Ive gone 200+ posts, banned (still havent figured out why on this one, think It is because I posted that I thought Gore ran a crappy campaign)

Ive gone 600ish Posts- Banned for calling a mod's wording as being hypocritical, doesnt matter that I was right and he was/is being a hypocrit.

And I dont think Kbaker was 'mellow'and built up posts, he has been posting in about the same style for quite a while, way back since before he had 500 posts.

And yeah CO will drop a dime on you in a heartbeat, and then go to the DU lounge and laugh about it.

Kbaker, and a couple of others 'won' the J/PS folder a few months back.  Was quite a fight.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know it's entertaining at times, but I have better things to burn my energy on. I am more interested in converting the masses of middle-of-the-roaders to our side than I am interested in wasting my energy on ignorant zealots.
View Quote
I understand your point, but I think you underestimate the number of more moderate posters and lurkers at DU.

Then again, I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#19]
AHHHHH!

but confusing the zealots is so much better.

Would you rather save one or two lost souls or take out the evil that potentially could steal dozens of souls from you?

Back to the battle!!!!!

[dracula]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#20]
But you aren't "taking out the evil."  You're frightening the children and moderates, or at least reinforcing their prejudice.  This is [i]not[/i] a net gain.  [i][b]I'm[/b][/i] "confusing the zealots."[dracula]

But hey, it's a free country!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I believe that it does a lot of good.

Putting the zealots in their place keeps their efforts muddled on the net.  

Just imagine the activism they could be accomplishing if they were responding to every gun post in the entire forum.

Besides, your approach is very centrist.  You attempt to entangle the zealots in doubletalk but don't really convince a lot of them.  I don't always agree with your methods or even your political stance at times.  Still, it is effective for some.  For others.....

Sometimes you just need to fight fire with fire.
[flame]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey, if we both agreed about everything, one of us would be redundant! [:D]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hey, if we both agreed about everything, one of us would be redundant! [:D]
View Quote

If you're the guy I think you are, you're really a dirty Dem?  Ack!  Ban him!  Ban him!  Oh wait, they don't ban people here who have a difference of opinion...as opposed to over there where everything must be the same...[:D]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Over on DU I'm "khbaker." I'm not in to "handles."

My voter registration card says "Democrat."  When I moved to Arizona, my N.C. voter registration card said "Republican."  I figured it was better to fvck with the Democratic primaries than the Republican ones (voted for Bill Bradley in the 2000 primary.  I [i]knew[/i] he wasn't going to get it, and anything to make Gore's base look weak was a [i]good thing[/i], as Martha Stewart says.)

Politically, I'm pretty much a libertarian (small "L".)

(And "Martha Stewart can - lick - my - scrotum!"  Sharon Osbourne)
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Over on DU I'm "khbaker." I'm not in to "handles."

My voter registration card says "Democrat."  When I moved to Arizona, my N.C. voter registration card said "Republican."  I figured it was better to fvck with the Democratic primaries than the Republican ones (voted for Bill Bradley in the 2000 primary.  I [i]knew[/i] he wasn't going to get it, and anything to make Gore's base look weak was a [i]good thing[/i], as Martha Stewart says.)

Politically, I'm pretty much a libertarian (small "L".)

(And "Martha Stewart can - lick - my - scrotum!"  Sharon Osbourne)
View Quote

hehe, up until the primary a few months ago I was registered Dem.  I thought politically I was until I woke up one day a few years ago.  Didn't bother to change since up until a year ago open primaries were [i]constitutional[/i].  Why the stupid cal supreme court made it unconstitutional is beyond me.  So switched to Repub.  Politically I'm more of a libertarian (small L) and/or a Constitutionalist...
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#26]
It's really creepy how they love Al Gore.  How could anybody like or admire that lying, phoney, charmless, humorless stiff?  All the Democrat bigs have given up on Gore as a loser, but the DU lunatics act like he's Jesus Christ or something.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's really creepy how they love Al Gore.  How could anybody like or admire that lying, phoney, charmless, humorless stiff?  All the Democrat bigs have given up on Gore as a loser, but the DU lunatics act like he's Jesus Christ or something.
View Quote

Because he "won" the election.  Republicans do the same thing with Bush whenever the libertarians on this board blast him for his policies (notably regarding the "War on Terrorism").
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I decided to go over to DU and see what the place was all about.

DU is definitely NOT a truly Democratic site such as ours. They want to get rid of ANY dissenting view.

And how about those 'ALERT" buttons? Kinda reminds me of all the Vegans in that movie "PCU"...all ran around screaming "MeatEaters!" or some silly slogan that whips them into mass hysteria.

Please Email me your DU screennames, I would like to go back and post to some of your topics...And yes, I will do so with tact. =)

You will know mine when you see it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I decided to go over to DU and see what the place was all about.

DU is definitely NOT a truly Democratic site such as ours. They want to get rid of ANY dissenting view.

And how about those 'ALERT" buttons? Kinda reminds me of all the Vegans in that movie "PCU"...all ran around screaming "MeatEaters!" or some silly slogan that whips them into mass hysteria.

Please Email me your DU screennames, I would like to go back and post to some of your topics...And yes, I will do so with tact. =)

You will know mine when you see it.

CAN WE POST PHOTOS IN THERE????????????
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Perhaps both of you gentleman are missing the bigger picture.  I submit that the tactics that you both use compliment each other nicely.  Goet, as the "shock jock", enflames their sensibilities and gets them all worked up.  KBaker then smoothly enters the discussion, presenting a (in their minds) a balanced, well-reasoned viewpoint, thus creating confusion in their ranks.  Much like playing "Good Cop, Bad Cop."

I say Bravo! to you both.  I couldn't put up with their inane drivel for more than two minutes.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh btw KH, you should respond to one of the guys that (I can't recall correctly) but we shouldn't ban guns in the US because the US has a gun culture.  Well according to an article on a book I read the other day about, it said Britain also used to have a gun culture up to around post-WW1...
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're thinking of the Causeheads.  And yes, they are exactly like them.

Edited to say:  If you want the tye-dye version of the internet causeheads go to [url]hipforums.com[/url].  They are some entertaining shit, but they are far more accepting of outside opinions (actually, some of them are pretty cool, especially the old commune hippies).  The DUers are kind of like Gollum, sitting in their cave stroking their "precious" (they're right, everybody else is wrong and evil, Gore won, Bush is a thief) and preaching to each other about how right they are and how they could save the world (reminds me of when Cartman said in a dream, "Ahhhh..... Hippies, they want to save the world, but all they do smoke pot and smell bad) if it weren't for the evil greedy conservatives.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Oh btw KH, you should respond to one of the guys that (I can't recall correctly) but we shouldn't ban guns in the US because the US has a gun culture.  Well according to an article on a book I read the other day about, it said Britain also used to have a gun culture up to around post-WW1...
View Quote
They did.  Prime Minister Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, the Marquess of Salisbury, said in 1900 that he would "laud the day when there is a rifle in every cottage in England" as a defense against invasion.  This was, of course, prior to WWI and the fear of Bolshevik revolution that lead to their gun control and the destruction of that very "gun culture."

Now the English are decrying the [i]new[/i] "gun culture."  The gangsta gun culture.  They destroyed the good one, and are now surprised that they've developed a bad one.

It's all the American's fault, of course.

Where was this post?  I'm surprised I didn't see it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
They did.  Prime Minister Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, the Marquess of Salisbury, said in 1900 that he would "laud the day when there is a rifle in every cottage in England" as a defense against invasion.  This was, of course, prior to WWI and the fear of Bolshevik revolution that lead to their gun control and the destruction of that very "gun culture."

Now the English are decrying the [i]new[/i] "gun culture."  The gangsta gun culture.  They destroyed the good one, and are now surprised that they've developed a bad one.

It's all the American's fault, of course.

Where was this post?  I'm surprised I didn't see it.
View Quote

J_Lo (384 posts)    
Aug-10-02, 03:34 PM (ET)  
33. No, Firearms are part of our culture.
Guns are American, particularly going hunting with guns. This is part of the US folk culture. Not so sure about pistols, but rifles and shotguns as a personal possesion go waaaay back in our culture.  
View Quote

[url]http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=35860&forum=DCForumID35[/url]

I hate this message board for many reasons...the biggest one is the way it handles posts...dislike it witha  passion.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh, yes, I did see that.  

No, I won't respond to links like that because I consider those posters to be more on "my" side of the issue.  No need to possibly alienate them.  Hell, for DU they are the moderates.  They're the fence-sitters I'm trying to reach.  

Now if someone said something about England never having a gun culture, I'd slam them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Oh, yes, I did see that.  

No, I won't respond to links like that because I consider those posters to be more on "my" side of the issue.  No need to possibly alienate them.  Hell, for DU they are the moderates.  They're the fence-sitters I'm trying to reach.  

Now if someone said something about England never having a gun culture, I'd slam them.
View Quote

I'll take your word for how they "lean."  I try to look at DU from time to time, for the laughs.  Although, I think I'm masochistic since after about an hour I end up trying to pull what little hair I have out (I have a crew cut/flat top).  Its scary how sickening and obnoxious they are...

I bet if Clinton farted in their face they'd sniff it up and say how great smelling it was...
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#37]
I am trying to get banned now...
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'll take your word for how they "lean."  I try to look at DU from time to time, for the laughs.  Although, I think I'm masochistic since after about an hour I end up trying to pull what little hair I have out (I have a crew cut/flat top).  Its scary how sickening and obnoxious they are...

I bet if Clinton farted in their face they'd sniff it up and say how great smelling it was...
View Quote
Some of them would.  They [i]worship[/i] "the Big Dog" like a diety.  

I stay away from the threads that I know will really pi** me off, and laugh at the ones that are so far out there you need a oxygen mask.  I'm [i]real[/i] selective about what I respond to outside of the gun topic.  

But DU posters run a range of ideality just like AR15 posters do.  They just start well left of us, and keep going further left.  I try to affect the ones that aren't too far gone, and irritate the ones that are.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Has anyone ever posted a SHTF scenario on democratic underground?

I just went through there and read about a dozen posts--not enough to get a good feel for their culture.  Why doesn't one of you put up a SHTF scenario and see if they'll play along.

You know; something like about urban rioters, or the collapse of civilazation.  I'd like to see what those government supremecists think they'd do when big brother was suddenly MIA and not able to protect them.

Of course, if someone does this, please post on here so we can all go watch the thread.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Has anyone ever posted a SHTF scenario on democratic underground?

I just went through there and read about a dozen posts--not enough to get a good feel for their culture.  Why doesn't one of you put up a SHTF scenario and see if they'll play along.

You know; something like about urban rioters, or the collapse of civilazation.  I'd like to see what those government supremecists think they'd do when big brother was suddenly MIA and not able to protect them.

Of course, if someone does this, please post on here so we can all go watch the thread.

-Nick Viejo.
View Quote
The DU SHTF scenario consists of jackbooted Ashcroft-led thugs persecuting valiant patriotic Democrats under the dictatorial leadership of Dubya.  

Their belief that George "stole" the election actually got a few of them to reconsider precisely what the Second Amendment was put in the Constitution for.  

But any other SHTF scenario is considered "paranoid."

And defensive gun useage is considered "daft."

And I quote.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top