Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2008 11:48:22 AM EDT
Looks like part 6- Bastogne is on.

Good thing I don't have to go anywhere today.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#1]
i just noticed I have the history channel in HD and noticed this series.  Is this something I can step into the middle of, or do I need to watch from the beginning, kinda like 24 (from what I've heard).
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell yes!  Even though I have it on DVD.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i just noticed I have the history channel in HD and noticed this series.  Is this something I can step into the middle of, or do I need to watch from the beginning, kinda like 24 (from what I've heard).

I would say start from the beginning.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Each episode is watchable in its own right, though its far far better if you watch it from the start and have an emotional attachment to the characters.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
It never gets old watching it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The documentary on the 101st before they started the episodes was pretty good too.

Liked the part where they'd just gotten all their back mail after Bastogne and one of the guys got a letter from the IRS saying if he didn't pay his back taxes they'd put him in jail. So he stuffed a bunch of French and Belgian money into an envelope with a letter that said "if you promise to put me in jail then by all means come and get me."  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Did they start a new run today? I watched about 3hrs worth yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It never gets old watching it.

Always provides perspective.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Each episode is watchable in its own right, though its far far better if you watch it from the start and have an emotional attachment to the characters.

Very true.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top