Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 10:29:37 AM EDT
Some background statistics based on the book "Sperm Wars" by Robin Baker,  University of Manchester.
   On average a man between puberty (I suggest age 15 y) and 30 years produces 300 million sperm/day (300,000,000).
   On average a man between 30 y and 50 years produces 230 million sperm/day (230,000,000)
   On average a man between 50 and 75 years produces 50 million sperm/day      (50,000,000)

The last two sperm/day numbers were calculated as follows:
At age 50 years the average man produces 175 million/day -- so averaging 300 million/day and 175 million/day you get 230 million/day.
At age 70 years the average man produces 20 million/day -- so I could average 175 million and 20 million, but to be on the safe side I decreased it to 50 million/day (keeping my results on the conservative side -- I will round lower for the calculations that follow).
   Each sperm has a unique set of DNA.
   These sperm will appear in intercourse,  masturbation, nocturnal emission.  They all have to go somewhere.

On average 2 to 3 offspring survive that will reproduce.  This average seems to be fairly constant in modern societies, agricultural societies and in hunter-gatherer societies.  So, for all generations it hovers around 2 to 3 reproducing survivors.  On average, 2 to 3 sperm will result in the fertilization of eggs that results in 2 or 3 reproducing individuals -- the rest of the sperm are doomed.

Kind of sperm:
An average man produces 3 kind of sperm:
   (1) Killer Sperm constitute about 83% of all the sperm -- these are sperm that attack any sperm from another man that may be in the woman. These sperm carry a lethal dose of poison in their head, seek out foreign sperm and inject it with this poison, killing it.  Apparently after a few injections the Killer Sperm has spent all it's energy and also dies.

(2) Blocker Sperm constitute about 16% of all the sperm -- these try to block entrances and storage places so that any sperm from another man cannot reach the woman's egg.

(3) Egg Getter Sperm constitute about1% of all the sperm -- these are the sperm that can possibly fertilize the woman's egg if they ever get there.

So 99% of sperm make war on other men's sperm to  annihilate them so that they won't fertilize the woman's egg, and 1% have the potential to fertilize the woman's egg.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you read all of Sprem Wars?  It is a fascinating book.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
   (2) Blocker Sperm constitute about 16% of all the sperm -- these try to block entrances and storage places so that any sperm from another man cannot reach the woman's egg.

"Entrances and storage places?" What the hell? Do women have sperm warehouses hidden in there or something?

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Entrances and storage places?" What the hell? Do women have sperm warehouses hidden in there or something?

I think sperm can live upto 72 hours in there
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Where's my douche?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Ban Killer Sperm...

that brings to mind the thought, "More thrust per squeeze."

Does anyone know of a company that makes a vertical foregrip for a wanger?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top