Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2003 9:36:28 AM EDT
and make some Cops practice more.

Woman Slashed To Death In Sword Attack
Officer Wounded In Melee

POSTED: 7:54 a.m. EST December 8, 2003

NEW YORK -- A man slashed his wife to death with a sword Sunday in their Bronx apartment and charged police screaming "I'm God! Kill me!" when they came to investigate, officials said.

Ivor Forbes, 32, was naked and covered in blood when he rushed out the door of the apartment, police said. One officer fired 14 shots that left both Forbes and another officer wounded.

Forbes' wife, 24-year-old Kisha Denton, was pronounced dead at Jacobi Medical Center. Forbes had severed her left hand and repeatedly slashed her head, police said.  

Forbes, who was shot in both legs, was in stable condition Sunday night at St. Barnabas Hospital. The wounded officer, whose name was not released, was hit in his knee and chest but was wearing a protective vest, officials said. He was in stable condition at Jacobi Medical Center.

"It's a constant reminder that whether it's on the streets of New York City or in the battlefields around the world, there are young men and women who put their lives at risk so that the rest of us can come to church and have our lives and go about our businesses," said Mayor Michael Bloomberg, speaking about the incident during a public appearance Sunday in Brooklyn.

Bloomberg said he was relieved that neither officer suffered life-threatening injuries.

The two officers came to the apartment, on Holland Avenue in the Morris Park section, just after 5 a.m. because of a report of a violent domestic dispute, and heard someone screaming inside, police said.

Two swords were found at the scene, said Officer Louis Camacho, a police spokesman, but it was unclear whether Forbes used one or both in the attack.

There were no prior reports of domestic violence at the apartment, and neither Forbes nor Denton had a criminal record. Police said they did not know whether Forbes was on drugs.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTL.

CW
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
If they outlaw swords, only outlaws will be shot to pieces while charging a well armed citizen, who doesn't aim at the legs, with an appropriate firearm.

Bilster  
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Why IBTL?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why IBTL?
View Quote

[url]http://www.jcarmory.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=217737[/url]

CW
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL (not at the death)

Whenever something is reported on the news where someone is killed by something other than guns my wife and I exclaim "ban _____!!!"

Ban knives, ban poison, ban cars, ban skydiving, ban acid, ban falling buildings...

Makes as much sense as banning guns.

BTW, I just posted in another thread how bad cops were at shooting... and then there's this. This guy hits his own partner. UGH.

jim
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If they outlaw swords, only outlaws will be shot to pieces while charging a well armed citizen, who doesn't aim at the legs, with an appropriate firearm.

Bilster  
View Quote

To add...and doesn't shoot his partner.

Bilster
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Lawyer: Were you hit in the fracas?
Dummy on the stand: No, I was hit between the fracas and the navel.

That joke occured to me, as the word 'meelee' is repeatedly used to describe what happened.
Speaking of which, this is a clone topic [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top