Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 7:54:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The problem is the regulation of drugs. If all drugs were legal, I still wouldn't smoke crack because I've seen what it does to people. I wouldn't take blood pressure medicine without advice from a doctor or pharmacist, because I personally have no idea what the stuff would do to me. None of that justifies a legal regime that says I have to have a note from a designated expert to buy whatever it'd take to make my back stop hurting. I would talk to my doctor, or my good friend the nurse practitioner, and buy ONLY whatever they said was goood for "A sentient rat with opposable thumbs is stabbing me in the sacroiliac with a hot icepick, and biting chunks outta my ass whenever I pass out from exhaustion."

The best question I've seen posted on this issue: "They had to have a Constitutional amendment to permit the feds to regulate booze. How the hell are they regulating everything else?"
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#2]
You can order some pretty heavy psychedelic drugs over the internet, but they're not classified or advertised as such (because doing so would be the kiss of death for their business). Instead they call them "research compounds not intended for human consumption".  All plausible deniability, legal CYA stuff.

I order some prescription drugs over the internet that aren't psychoactive, those drugs just keep my hair from falling out.  Otherwise I could choose between losing my hair, or spending $100 for a doctor to give me permission (and who would no doubt find something else wrong with my health and ask me for bone-marrow tests or whatever) plus the inflated cost of the pills. I'd just rather do it my way over the internet and take responsibility for myself.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
It not so much that the people of these other nations cannot afford the drugs, it's really a matter of the drug companies giving in to their demands for low drug prices. The drug companies do it to maintain market share in those countries. And no one is twisting their arm. In the process, we're getting screwed, paying far more than we should. We are subsidizing Canada, France, Germany, UK, etc. I have no qualms with Americans ordering drugs from Canada.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top