Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2001 7:11:19 AM EDT
"People don't drown children, bathtubs do," Ralph Nader noted.

[url]http://www.nationalreview.com/balance/balance062801.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Ban carbon monoxide!
c2o2
Is that the right composition?

Do it for the kids!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#2]
ROTFLMAO!!!

"It may very well be that if this severely depressed mother had not had ready access to a bathtub, these 5 innocent children might still be alive today," Kennedy added at the somber Washington press conference. He was surrounded by representatives from a wide range of liberal organizations including People for the American Way, Children's Defense Fund, and Bathtub Control, Inc.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."

Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ban carbon monoxide!
c2o2
Is that the right composition?

Do it for the kids!!!!
View Quote

Carbon monoxide would be CO. The reason its poison is that it wants another oxygen atom so it can get to  the stable CO2 so it absorbes this oxygen atom from your BLOODSTREAM.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#4]
THESE POEPLE ARE GETTING OUT OF CONTROL!  When will their collective garbage cease?  This is another example of what I refer to as IUD Laws. Soon, for our protection, they will surmise that it will be best if we are not even born.  We can't get hurt if we do not exist.  I really want the Angels of Heaven to come down and bitch slap these people.  I'm starting to tweek.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:43:27 AM EDT
[#5]
ECS: it doesnt absorb an oxygen atom from your bloodstream.  What happens is the CO molecule is about the same size as the O2 moleculte and it attaches to the hemoglobin in your blood.  Now the O2 normally detaches from the hemoglobin when its needed, but the CO doesnt let go, thus preventing the hemoglobin from carrying O2 to where its needed.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:45:27 AM EDT
[#6]
THE NEWS PAPERS ARE SAYIN THAT SHE IS PREGNANT.WTF
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
THESE PEOPLE ARE GETTING OUT OF CONTROL!  When will their collective garbage cease?  This is another example of what I refer to as IUD Laws. Soon, for our protection, they will surmise that it will be best if we are not even born.  We can't get hurt if we do not exist.  I really want the Angels of Heaven to come down and bitch slap these people.  I'm starting to tweak.
View Quote

Some peoples' sarcasm detectors need a tune up

Sarcasm n. A sharply mocking or contemptuous remark, typically utilizing statements or implications pointedly opposite or irrelevant to the underlying purport.

BTW, the spell checker really does work.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#9]
hee hee. I thought that was a very amusing PARODY article. I, of course, realize it is simply a joke, but it does sound like something the fat-cats at the Politburo would do. Play on the emotions of a stunned Amerika to pass ridiculous laws and fatten their pockets. classic political scheme, gotta love Amerika.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Boy, it's a good thing she didn't have a gun.

She might have killed a child!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Boy, it's a good thing she didn't have a gun.

She might have killed a child!
View Quote
                                             [rocket]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top