Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2001 5:41:15 AM EDT
Anyone have this information? Just curious..

Ian
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
go to:

[url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/wwwboard/[/url]

And put a post up asking how to get "Triggerfifty"'s book and ballistics tables.

AFARR
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Email me what you are looking for. I have all the military ballistics charts for the M82A1. Ball, AP, etc. Trajectory, wind, you name it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the advice..

I'm just looking for some general information on the cartridge.. I'd like to know the different bullet weights, speed, drop, etc..

I don't own a .50 cal, but I'm just curious.. I'd also like to know the maximum effective range of the round. I heard someone on the news say that it is 3 miles..! [:O]

Heh, anyways.. Thanks again..

Ian
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Triggerfifty's book is a must read.
.50-Caliber Sniper Course
Hard-Target Interdiction
 Dean Michaelis
ISBN-1-58160-068-2

Anyhow, maximum range as stated in an issue of Very High Power is 9000yd at 45* elevation of the barrel.

Also, if you are looking into 50BMG, please visit www.ferret50.com
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Triggerfifty's book is a must read.
.50-Caliber Sniper Course
Hard-Target Interdiction
 Dean Michaelis
ISBN-1-58160-068-2

Anyhow, maximum range as stated in an issue of Very High Power is 9000yd at 45* elevation of the barrel.

Also, if you are looking into 50BMG, please visit [urlwww.ferret50.com]Ferret50[/url]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Max Effective range of a Barrett M82A1A is 1800m.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, I missed that he was looking for effective range. If I remember correctly by what I have read about Skip Talbot shooting at the Rock: I think they were ar a range of 2 miles. And I think they mentioned that the rounds were going subsonic at 1.5 miles. Im not sure though, but I will look it up.

So what kind of effectiveness are you looking for? Energy, accuracy, or before it goes subsonic? All three will be subjective to outside parameters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top