Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2002 11:01:46 PM EDT
I just finished a chapter in my text book about these "bounty hunters" it actually sounds like a good service too the community if they don't do something stupid like the wrong house, because they do collect alot more fugitives than the police and the taxpayers don't have too pay. Anyone here a bail enforcement agent or knows anyone who does it, it sounds like if your good you can make some good money on those bigger bonds.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah a buddy of mine used to do it. You have to know a Bail Bondsman who will hire you, and people who do the big bonds usually end up showing up for court. So you end up tracking the people who have bonds at like $700. And my buddy ended up only making 50% of the Bond, so he had to do a lot all at the same time. A better thing to do is get into being a Private Investigator, and pickup a few Bond Jumpers on the side. You of course have to get licenses for both of these. Talk to a few Bail Bondsman in your area, as it seems to only be profitable in large cities with lots of crime, IE- Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, places like that.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
so how much do they make on a 700 dollar bond?
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#3]
1911Greg,

people who have bonds at like $700. And my buddy ended up only making 50% of the Bond,
View Quote

Hmm...50% of $700 is......$350  What do I win?

Sorry man just kidding!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
so how much do they make on a 700 dollar bond?
View Quote

If the court gives you a $7000 Bail, then your Bond is $700 (or collateral; car title, rolex, etc.) You give your bond to the Bail Bondsman, and he pays the $7000 to the court. (It refunds to the Bondsman when you show up for court and the cost to you was the $700.)

So if he Jumped on Bail, and you smashed into his girlfriends apartment, arrested him, and hauled his ass off to jail, the court would give the Bondsman back the $7000 the guy would be back in jail, and the Bondsman would split the $700 with you, (50/50, 25/75, whatever the deal was) and you walk away with your $350.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for explaining
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top