Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/7/2002 4:36:21 PM EDT
Let's hear your favorite badass quote. "defensegrp" made me think of this when he posted - "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell One of my favs - GRUNT - "Term of affection used to denote that filthy, sweaty, dirt-encrusted, footsore, camouflage-painted, tired, sleepy beautiful little son of a bitch who has kept the wolf away from the door for over two hundred years." -H.G. Duncan
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 4:56:33 PM EDT
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/ChrisLe%2Fcorpsdef%2Ejpg[/img] Author, Major Gene Duncan, USMC Ret.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:01:38 PM EDT
Molon Labe!!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:02:02 PM EDT
"Nobody has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his." General George S. Patton
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:09:59 PM EDT
The man who will go where his colors will go, without asking, who will fight a phantom foe in a jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to Democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. His pride is his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face, and his obedience is to his orders. As a legionary, he held the gates of civilization for the classical world...he has been called United States Marine. Lieutenant Colonel T.R. Fehrenbach, US Army in "This Kind of War"
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:13:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ChrisLe: [url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/ChrisLe%2Fcorpsdef%2Ejpg[/url] Author, Major Gene Duncan, USMC Ret.
View Quote
As the son of a Navy Corpsman and Korean War Veteran, I say thanks for posting that! [beer]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:13:55 PM EDT
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the meanest son of a bitch in the valley."
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:16:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:19:24 PM EDT
"Women are nothing but machines for producing children." Napoleon Bonaparte Napoleon must not have gotten laid too much.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:21:56 PM EDT
"What the fuck was that?!??" ---the mayor of Hiroshima
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:23:26 PM EDT
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Jules
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:24:19 PM EDT
[img]http://www.gnt.net/~jrube/images/chesty.jpg[/img] "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time." "Son, if they give you any shit, level the place." --Orders to a company commander Lieutenant General Lewis Burwell 'Chesty' Puller USMC [img]http://www.manlyweb.com/realmen/chesty.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:30:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By IamtheNRA: As the son of a Navy Corpsman and Korean War Veteran, I say thanks for posting that! [beer]
View Quote
On the contrary.It is I who should be thanking your father for his service to our country during a time of war..
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:33:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DPeacher: [url]http://www.gnt.net/~jrube/images/chesty.jpg[/url] "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time." "Son, if they give you any shit, level the place." --Orders to a company commander Lieutenant General Lewis Burwell 'Chesty' Puller USMC [url]http://www.manlyweb.com/realmen/chesty.gif[/url]
View Quote
I second that, DPeacher
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:33:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2002 5:36:11 PM EDT by RipMeyer]
I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging of the future but by the past. And judging by the past, I wish to know what there has been in the conduct of the British ministry for the last ten years to justify those hopes with which gentlemen have been pleased to solace themselves and the House. Is it that insidious smile with which our petition has been lately received? Trust it not, sir; it will prove a snare to your feet. Suffer not yourselves to be betrayed with a kiss. Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover our waters and darken our land. Are fleets and armies necessary to a work of love and reconciliation? Have we shown ourselves so unwilling to be reconciled that force must be called in to win back our love? Let us not deceive ourselves, sir. These are the implements of war and subjugation; the last arguments to which kings resort. I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it? Has Great Britain any enemy, in this quarter of the world, to call for all this accumulation of navies and armies? No, sir, she has none. They are meant for us: they can be meant for no other. They are sent over to bind and rivet upon us those chains which the British ministry have been so long forging. And what have we to oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves. Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and Parliament. Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne! In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope. If we wish to be free-- if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending--if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained--we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of hosts is all that is left us! They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come. It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? [red][b]Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death![/b][/red] Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:37:27 PM EDT
Writing to William Smith (1755-1816), John Adams' secretary and future son-in-law, Thomas Jefferson seemed to welcome Shays' Rebellion in Massachusetts: [b][blue]"god forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion . . . the tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure." [/b][/blue]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:40:41 PM EDT
"What is best in life? To crush your enemies,see them driven before you,and to hear the lamentations of the women!"
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:45:33 PM EDT
"I am KLINGON!" - Worf and "You may test that assumption at your convenience" - Picard Both from "Sins of the Father" FOTBR (ok, yeah, I'm a trekkie......now where the little icon of the enterprise?)
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:49:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Colonel_Kurtz: "What is best in life? To crush your enemies,see them driven before you,and to hear the lamentations of the women!"
View Quote
LMAO!
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2002 5:52:24 PM EDT by P806]
"I'm as HOT and NASTY as Janet Reno's testicles" P806 [:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:53:37 PM EDT
Just to expand on the above molon labe quote. Leonidas, King of Sparta, was preparing to make a stand with his Greek troops against the Persian army in 480 B.C. when a Persian envoy arrived. The man urged on Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army. [b][red]“Our archers are so numerous,” said the envoy, “that the flight of their arrows darkens the sun.” So much the better,” replied Leonidas, “for we shall fight them in the shade.” [/b] [/red]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:54:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2002 5:56:31 PM EDT by Yankee1911]
[b]"Nuts!"[/b] --General Anthony McAuliffe
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:57:23 PM EDT
Keep your Pecker and your Wallet in your pants. My Granpappy
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:17:00 PM EDT
I came here to do two things: chew some bubble gum and kick some ass. And I'm all outta bubble gum! "They Live" 1988
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:17:27 PM EDT
During World War II, Chuck Yeager's wingman, Bud Anderson, gets separated from Yeager and encounters about 20 German fighters all by himself. He shows his generosity and spirit by calling over the radio, "I've got about 20 of 'em cornered! Come over and join the fun!" This may not be a precise quote (as I can't find my copy of the book it came from) but it is generally correct in the spirit if not the letter of Anderson's words. Badass indeed. CJ
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:30:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2002 6:32:01 PM EDT by Ozmodiar]
Not too bad assed but a good one still: "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations there by enhancing my ability to effictively maneuver within any given situation?" Dont know where I read it from but I wrote it down cause I like it. oz
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:32:43 PM EDT
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight: nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety: is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions and blood of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:39:22 PM EDT
Groovy! This is my Boomstick! Good, Bad, I'm the one with the gun. Yo, she-b!*ch! Come get some! ~ All above from "Army of Darkness"
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:41:50 PM EDT
BANZAI!!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:50:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2002 6:51:16 PM EDT by codycoyote]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:53:05 PM EDT
"To die in battle is the greatest hope of any Klingon" - Worf, son of Mogh
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:09:13 PM EDT
"When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them to another..." O.K. so it's verbose but considering what they were faced with it was pretty "Bad Ass"
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:11:07 PM EDT
I've always been partial to..."Hang on to your a**, Fred" [:x]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:26:44 PM EDT
I have this one hanging on my door, probably make a good bumper sticker too. "There are very few of life's problems that can't be solved with High Exploseves!" ~A U.S. Marine
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:31:53 PM EDT
I found this doing some research, "The god of war hates those who hesitate". Euripides:Heraclidae (425 B.C.)
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:35:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf: "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Jules
View Quote
Yes, but dont forget: Jules: I will never forgive your ass for this sh*t. This is some fucked-up repugnant sh*t! Vincent: Did you ever hear the philosophy that once a man admits he's wrong, he's immediately forgiven for all wrong-doings? Jules: Man, get outta my face with that sh*t! The motherf***er who said that never had to pick up itty-bitty pieces of skull with his fingers on account of your dumb ass. Vincent: I got a threshold, Jules. I got a threshold for the abuse I'll take. And you're crossin' it. I'm a race car and you got me in the red. Redline 7000, that's where you are. Just know, it's f***in' dangerous to be drivin' a race car when it's in the red. It could blow. Jules: You're gettin' ready to blow? I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherf***er, motherf***er! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm "SUPERFLY T.N.T," I'm the "GUNS OF NAVARONE." I'm what Jimmie Walker usta talk about. In fact, what the f*** am I doin' in the back? You're the motherf***er should be on brain detail. We're tradin'. I'm washin' windows and you're pickin' up this n**ger's skull.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:35:56 PM EDT
"god has a hard on for marines, because we kill every living thing we see"
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:39:01 PM EDT
We have 3 pages of quotes on our webpage. go to the bottom of the page for the links. [url]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/texastactical/tx.html[/url] Let me know what y'all think.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:44:19 PM EDT
"If the Army and Navy ever look on heaven scenes they will find the streets are guarded by the UNITED STATES MARINES!" In the immortal words of Gunny Highway; "Oooohhhh Raaahhhh!"
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:47:34 PM EDT
"I'm gonna kick your ass at the BRC,"
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:51:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Naked80: "I'm gonna kick your ass at the BRC,"
View Quote
LOL! actually I think the correct quote is "who thinks they can kick my ass...at the BRC" "I'm gonna tear you a new a**hole" - Swede
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:52:28 PM EDT
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Josef Stalin to French Foreign Minister Pierre Laval, in reply to a suggestion that the Soviet Union should encourage Catholicism in order to appease the Pope.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:01:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aces-and-Eights: "The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Josef Stalin to French Foreign Minister Pierre Laval, in reply to a suggestion that the Soviet Union should encourage Catholicism in order to appease the Pope.
View Quote
God Almighty heard Uncle Joe say that, and then rectified the situation.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:08:54 PM EDT
Umh! Tough guys scar me .......I never know what I might do.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:16:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Papertargets: "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight: nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety: is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions and blood of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill
View Quote
Thats one of my favorites It seems to me that people have vast potential. Most people can do extraordinary things if they have the confidence or take the risks. Yet most people don't. They sit in front of the telly and treat life as if it goes on forever. Philip Adams Substitute telly for AR15.com though
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:20:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Colonel_Kurtz: "What is best in life? To crush your enemies,see them driven before you,and to hear the lamentations of the women!"
View Quote
Hell yes, just the one I was thinking of. I think that is the longest line Arnold has in the whole movie!
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:28:58 PM EDT
"...It does not say 'shall not be infringed, unless the weapon in question is really scary.' They're SUPPOSED to be scary. The occupants of Washington City are supposed to go to bed every night, wondering if anything they've done today will get them what it got Charles the First in 1649, or Louis XVI in 1793." — [b]Vin Suprynowicz[/b]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:54:10 PM EDT
"It's time to take our relationship to a new level....do you do An*l?" Anyone recall the source for that quote (hint: board member)? My favorite: "Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy"
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:03:38 PM EDT
I agree totally with the guy that said King Leonidas's quote at the battle of Thermopylae. Of course all those spartans were badass: When Leonidas was killed, he was some distance away. Some of the Spartans formed a tight group, fought their way to his body, picked it up, then fought their way back to the main group on the hill. The Persians seemed utterly unable to annihilate the last 300 Spartans. They demanded the body of Leonidas in return for the Spartan's lives, but the men refused to abandon the body of their King, declaring: "A Spartan leaves the field with his shield or upon it" If that isn't a badass quote, when you're outnumbered 100 to 1 or more, I dunno what is.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:20:12 PM EDT
Roman matrons used to tell their sons "Come back with your shield, or on it". Later this practice declined. So did the Roman Empire..... -Robert Anson Heinlein Scott
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:22:08 PM EDT
Roman matrons used to tell their sons "Come back with your shield, or on it". Later this practice declined. So did the Roman Empire..... -Robert Anson Heinlein Scott
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top