Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 8:04:16 PM EDT
I liked the Prodigy soundtrack to this one.  Goddamn Male Lion puts the Beatdown

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats one of my favorite videos ever. Have it saved at home. Goes to show....Dont mess with a mans lady(ies).
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome...too short though...would have liked to see more of the very end bit.  

For some reason, I hate hyenas....I love to see the Lions take 'em out.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Fucking badass vid bro. Sweet post!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#5]
wow that was Awesome!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyway to download.  The streaming doesn't work for me.
Oh, and old school dupe (like over a year, statute of limitations has been exceeded, obviously)

Believe me...I searched before I posted.  Worth saving imho.  That and the one where the safari hunter gets charged by the Lion while shooting and the guy dusts the male lion off with a double rifle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh, and old school dupe (like over a year, statute of limitations has been exceeded, obviously)

Believe me...I searched before I posted.  Worth saving imho.  That and the one where the safari hunter gets charged by the Lion while shooting and the guy dusts the male lion off with a double rifle.

I agree its worth saving.
How the hell do you do it?

+1
I think I just figured it out.  I went to Properties, found the actual address of the .wmv file, copied it and repasted it in my browser window.  Then when it played I saved it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Had no idea Hyena were so tough.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#11]
That is definitely kick-ass. I agree with Fenian, hyenas suck. I love to see the big cats put a fucking pounding on those stupid things. That hyena just got owned from the start.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#12]
As far as saving it, cant you just Right click and Save target as?
Thats what I just did.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
That is a serious ass whipping.  The hyena forgot that he isn't at the top of the food chain.

CWO
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You obviously dont recall the hyena V. pitbull thread.

Anywho, I was suprided at how much they went after each other. I though that they would stand down to avoid what would certainly be great bodily harm to both parties and therefore be a lose lose situation.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
... I agree with Fenian, hyenas suck. ...

+2

Just a really vicious and ugly animal.  IIRC, they’ll sometimes kill each other.

OTOH, big cats have class!  

Of course, there are probably idiots somewhere with hyenas for “pets”.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Of course, there are probably idiots somewhere with hyenas for “pets”.  

Hey - lets not get personal....

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Big cats have class!

There was a vid posted a while back of a tiger putting the hurt on an alligator. Maybe someone still has it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Someone got it saved that I can get to?? Company is keeping me out of The Video Site.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Big cats have class!

There was a vid posted a while back of a tiger putting the hurt on an alligator. Maybe someone still has it.

Whoah!  I'd love to have that video....

Edit:
www.fuckallyall.com/Article2179.html
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#21]
"It just shows that nothing is really safe from a tiger!"

And that was a big croc
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:30:11 AM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#23]
The video was taken from a National Geographic/Discovery Channel special.  You know, before the Discovery Channel started showing all the motorcycle and car building crap.  Anyway, they did a documentary on the lions and hyenas.  IIRC, the lions do even more ass kicking after the short video clip is over.  In the video, they kill the matriarch of the hyena group.  Well, some time later, the hyenas establish a new lead female for the group.  Well, the lions go and kill that bitch as well!

Can you say "OWNED"??
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

http://ds1.thatvideosite.com/core/642/lion-hyena-war.wmv

cut and paste this into your browser and save it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Awesome...too short though...would have liked to see more of the very end bit.  

For some reason, I hate hyenas....I love to see the Lions take 'em out.  

Thats because they go around living off other animals hard work......what?!?!  WHAT'D I SAY?!?!?!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Those lions carry a grudge!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#27]
I think more videos should have a Beastie Boys soundtrack.

You're right. That is one cool video.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The video was taken from a National Geographic/Discovery Channel special.  You know, before the Discovery Channel started showing all the motorcycle and car building crap.  Anyway, they did a documentary on the lions and hyenas.  IIRC, the lions do even more ass kicking after the short video clip is over.  In the video, they kill the matriarch of the hyena group.  Well, some time later, the hyenas establish a new lead female for the group.  Well, the lions go and kill that bitch as well!

Can you say "OWNED"??

+1, and I believe the segment can be purchased.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Can you say "OWNED"??

That rocks.  Someone find me a torrent! ;)
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you say "OWNED"??

+1, and I believe the segment can be purchased.

The natives in the area had a name for that paticular male lion that translated to "he who greets with fire".
Something close to that at least. That is a pretty old show from the early 90s.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You obviously dont recall the hyena V. pitbull thread.

*bowr*?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#32]
"ntwadumela" was the lion's name and the episode is "eternal enemies: lions and hyenas"

i dunno if they anthropomorphized(???) the conflict but the way it was cut, edited, and narrated, you really got into the conflict and got emotionally involved. those hyenas are disgusting. they're a matriarchal society and the females even have dicks they go around using to exert their dominance! the scene in the clip during the day where the lion runs down and kills the female hyena was ntwadumela killing the matriarch of the hyena clan.

amazon has the vhs!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"ntwadumela" was the lion's name and the episode is "eternal enemies: lions and hyenas"

i dunno if they anthropomorphized(???) the conflict but the way it was cut, edited, and narrated, you really got into the conflict and got emotionally involved. those hyenas are disgusting. they're a matriarchal society and the females even have dicks they go around using to exert their dominance! the scene in the clip during the day where the lion runs down and kills the female hyena was ntwadumela killing the matriarch of the hyena clan.

amazon has the vhs!

That's it.  I have the tape.  It follows the lives of a lion pride and a hyena band as they compete for the top jobs in each group and for territory and game between the species.  Several animals die from attacks by members of their species, from cobras and from fighting between the two predators.  The competition is fierce and the scientist-filmmakers were stunned to see the hyena matriarch and the lion marking their territory between the species and dissing each other.  

The hyenas mess with the lionesses and steal their prey...but the male lions absolutely kick ass.  It is a very powerful flick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top