Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2012 7:55:58 PM EDT
I feel awful right now. My peepaw practically raised me.

He's back in Alabama in the hospital.

Apparently he passed out and when he woke up he didn't know who anyone was.

I feel terrible for neglecting to call him more.

I'm hoping he'll be okay.

He's survived cancer, mesothelioma, war, and dangerous police work... He's tough, I'm hoping for the best.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers inbound.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Best wishes for your Peepaw, Bud.
Don't beat yourself up. Funny thing about life, nobody gets out alive. We're all on our way out.
If you can, go give him a hug while you still have him.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Prayers inbound.

I hope Grandpa recovers.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Hang in there OP.

My Grandfather meant the world to me and I know what you're going through. I lost him in 2006 after a long battle with multiple myeloma and I still feel the void. It's better, but I don't go a day without thinking of all the stuff we did together and all that I learned from him. We worked together in the family business for 13 years and fought fire together for 8.

I wasn't there when he passed, but hopefully some part of him still knew that I loved him and that he was, and will always be, the most important person I've ever had in my life.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.

I'm hoping he'll know who I am when I call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Turns out I was mistaken as to what happened.

Apparently he was at church complaining about a terrible headache.

Church ended and he went home to have family lunch. Suddenly he had no idea who anyone was.

Waiting to hear more news. He's still in the hospital.

Eta: talked to my brother. Apparently peepaw is doing better. He was fucking with my brother. My brother came in and peepaw was like "who are you?" he knew who he was... He was just kidding.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Update: apparently it was a mini stroke. It isn't good, but apparently it healed itself. He's doing fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top