Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 5:32:58 PM EST
The day started out with me having to take the girlfriend in for corrective surgery on a toe. Not a real big thing but I have an aversion to hospital waiting rooms since watching my grandfather slowly die in the hospital back in 81. I hate hospitals.

Well we finally get home and I return a phone call to a buddy of mines Mom. She proceeds to inform me that my buddy of over 20 years has cancer.

Seems he found a bump on his neck. Biopsy confirmed cancer. Monday they removed his lymph nodes. Unfortunately, this isn't the source and they don't know where else it may be hiding. He starts radiation in about 30 days, once his neck heals up.

At one time Scott and I were like brothers but kind of lost touch over the years as he now lives in CA and me up here in MI. I talked to him for a few minutes tonight and his spirits seem good but he doesn't seem to be in any kind of denial. He is a Navy SEAL and talked about getting the radiation behind him so he could get back to the team.

Poor guy is 40 years old with 2 young sons. The wife is 3 weeks away from delivering a daughter. They only recently started an addition to their house.

Cancer sucks
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:34:14 PM EST
So sorry. Praying for him.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:35:31 PM EST
yep, cancer is a sorry no good motherfucker
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:35:32 PM EST
I'm sorry to hear that buddy. Keep with your prayers and give your support.

Thank him for his service from all of us.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:37:10 PM EST
I will send up prayers for all involved.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:37:26 PM EST
As bas as it is, cancer isn't the death sentance that it used to be. Treatment has made progress and recovery rates are sky rocketing. Support your bro and keep your chin up too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:41:41 PM EST
Sorry to hear
Can and will be beaten though
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:47:33 PM EST
Top Top