Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 10:57:17 PM EDT
I just bought some Winchester .223 today. I took a round apart I noticed that some of the powder was sticking to the sides on the inside of the casing. When I poured it into a ziplock bag, some of it stuck to that. I took apart another round from another box and I found the same thing. I've never noticed this before and just to check, I took apart a 7.62x39 wolf round and it was dry. Is this common or did I get a bad batch of ammo that got wet? I'm gonna take it to the range this weekend regardless to see if it fires. If it still shoots I have no problem. I would just like to know if I should take these back.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
umm.... static dude.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
   Just don't send the FMJ portion back one-at-a-time from the parking lot....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
   Just don't send the FMJ portion back one-at-a-time from the parking lot....
hr

Haha. I there's no need to do that...yetIf it's static then that's fine. The only other round I've ever taken apart is the Wolf ammo and it's never stuck to the casing. Just checking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top