Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 2:28:13 PM EDT
Kinda late but I've been busy lately with all the crap that's going on around here.
This unfortunately was my neighbor across the breezeway.

Norfolk police seek suspect in shooting death of man
The Virginian-Pilot
© July 28, 2005

NORFOLK — Police are seeking a suspect in the city’s latest homicide.
Cpl. Kurtis D. Stanton, a police spokesman, said officers were called to the
700 block of West Little Creek Road at 8:57 p.m. Wednesday on reports of shots heard in the area.
They found a man suffering from gunshot wounds. He was taken to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Stanton identified the victim as Christopher Cruz, 24, who lived in the area.
Stanton said police have no suspect or motive in the killing.
Anyone with information on the homicide is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (562-5887).

On WAVY-10

Police are investigating after a 24-year old was shot to death Wednesday night in Norfolk.
Officers were called to the 700 block of West Little Creek Road just before 9:00pm.
There, in the Beechwood Apartment complex, they found Christopher Cruz suffering from an apparent gunshot wound.
Cruz, who lived in the apartment complex, was later pronounced dead at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
Neighbors say they heard at least four gunshots.
Police have not released any motive or suspect information.
Friends of Cruz say he was in the Navy, married, and the proud father of a toddler.
If you know anything about the shooting that may help police in their investigation, you're asked to call the Crimeline at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

The facts that aren't stated above:

-Said 'victim' was dealing drugs, for which he was already under investigation.

-He beat his 'wife' fairly often and the cops were called at least twice by myself.

-He lived in the Apt. in which he was found but his name was nowhere on the lease.

-He had been recently discharged from the USN but supposedly was going to the reserves.

-His vehicle had been shot at the Friday before this happened,  the 22 of July.  Five shots
around the area of the gas cap and one in the rear driver side tire.

-My vehicle had its base stickers swiped that weekend.  By someone who already had DOD stickers
because they only took the exp. date numbers.

I heard five shots and called 911 while cautiously approaching him laying in his doorway.
He had three holes in him that I could see (1 chest 2 right side) and I had his wife and her sister
try to contain the bleeding with T-shirts while I checked his vital signs.  His pulse was weak but was going and he seemed to be breathing O.K. as he was making grunting sounds while drifting in
and out of consciousness.  The cops and paramedics were on scene within seven minutes but he
was fading very fast and his eyes rolled back as they placed him onto the gurney.

Suspicious vehicles now routinely roll through our neighborhood looking for his wife who wisely
is hiding elsewhere.  Great, she is involved too, now we have to deal with the aftermath.

I turned in my letter of intent to terminate my lease the very next day.

Gotta love gangbangers.  I wonder how many of these scumbags are in the services.

At least the roving rap studios have stopped blasting outside for the time being.

...And Dad wondered why I CCW'd when he was here visiting me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
He owed somebody either drugs or money.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I turned in my letter of intent to terminate my lease the very next day.

Dam the torpedoes, full speed ahead!!

Pack like mofo!

Di di mau!

GTFO!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Good thing you have the ability to move.  Just make sure you give the Cops your forwarding address.  They may need you latter.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good thing you have the ability to move.  Just make sure you give the Cops your forwarding address.  They may need you latter.

Geez, I hope not.  My stuff is going into storage and I'm soon going on an extended vacation
at the taxpayer's expense to an even shittier neighborhood.

They are more than welcome to come pay me a visit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
well then...

Have a good one on me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top