Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/5/2002 7:54:32 AM EDT
I am your worst nightmare. I am a BAD American. I like big trucks, big hooters, and big paychecks. I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family; not some mid-level governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away crack addicts squirting out babies. I believe that if you're selling me a Big Mac, you'd better do it in English. I'm not in touch with my feelings and I like it that way. I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child. It takes two parents. I think that owning a gun doesn't make you a killer. I want to know which church it is exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson preaches. And where does he get his money. And why is he always part of the problem and not the solution. I believe if she has your lips on your willie it is sex for both of you. This even applies if you're the President of the United States. I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working a Blockbuster. In fact, if you're parents are footing the bill to put your pansy ass thru 4-7 yrs of college, you haven't begun to be enlightened. I believe everyone has the right to pray to his or her God or gods, just leave the rest out of it. This also applies to sexuality. I believe it's called the Boy Scouts for a reason. I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized. I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July. My heroes are John Wayne, the Simpsons, and whoever cancelled Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman. I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. I think global warming is a big lie. Where are all those experts when I'm freezing my butt off thru the long winter. I've never owned a slave, or was a slave. I didn't wander 40 years in the desert after getting chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks, and neither have you so shut up already. I think the police have the right to shoot your sorry ass if you're running from them. I also think they have the right to pull you over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are. I think if you're too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next 4 years. I think if you're in the passing lane, and not passing, your license should be revoked, and you should be forced to ride the bus until you promise never to delay the rest of us again. If that makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American. I want my country back! [marines]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:40:57 AM EDT
You really should give the author credit. That piece was written by Fred Rogers, a former Marine Sniper who served two tours in Vietnam. Yes, he's the same Fred Rogers that we all know as Mr. Rogers from the children's show "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood".
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:46:30 AM EDT
[url]www.snopes2.com/music/artists/denver.htm[/url] "As is Fred Rogers of television's Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. He too is rumored to have been a sniper, with even his penchant for long-sleeved cardigans ascribed to his hiding tattoos from the eyes of curious little tykes. Like Denver, Rogers never served in any branch of the military. He is an ordained minister in the United Presbyterian Church."
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:51:28 AM EDT
I thought George carlin wrote that piece... hell I remember him doing it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:54:12 AM EDT
You sure it wasn't Ted Nugent? [:D]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:56:06 AM EDT
It wasn't Carlin, Nugent, Limbaugh, Rodgers, or anyone else. It was written by a guy on an e-mail list where it first appeared, and he's the only one who ever took credit for it either. God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:59:48 AM EDT
I don't care who wrote it, I have to agree with 99% of it! Sincerly, Another Bad American
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 10:08:55 AM EDT
The whole story and attributions are here: [url]http://www.snopes.com/language/document/carlin.htm [/url]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 10:10:24 AM EDT
I too have read that somewhere before. Heck, it was probably one of those eternally circulating e-mail spam things. Nevertheless it's good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:00:29 AM EDT
Nope, it was Rogers for sure. I heard it in an interview on NPR. I think it was the same show as LTG Reinwald. You know, this guy: [b]This is an extract of an National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Army Lieutenant General Reinwald about sponsoring a Boy Scout Troop on his military installation. Interviewer: "So, LTG Reinwald, what are you going to do with these young boys on their adventure holiday?" LTG Reinwald: "We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting." Interviewer: "Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?" LTG Reinwald: "I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the range." Interviewer: "Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?" LTG Reinwald: "I don't see how, we will be teaching them proper range discipline before they even touch a firearm." Interviewer: "But you're equipping them to become violent killers." LTG Reinwald: "Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?" End of the interview[/b]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:26:17 PM EDT
I am the NEW American. I like foreign cars because American carmakers have whitewashed their vehicles into boring worthless duplicates of each other and I feel no obligation to buy an inferior product because it is made within these borders. I like all women, not for any specific attribute, but because they are all women. I make a big paycheck, and expect to keep most of it for myself after my fair share to taxes and my financial obligations, including my student loans. I believe that if I am paying you for a service, regardless of the language you or I speak, that you accommodate me accordingly. If you don’t, I will not return. I am in touch with my feelings, but will not let you know so if it will put me in a disadvantage. I believe it is my right to raise my child within a village or individually and that I take all responsibility for any repercussions due to my choice of child rearing. I believe that owning a gun is my right, just as much as it is the right of a mother to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, and for anyone to do as they see fit; as long as it does not directly infringe on any other independent person’s rights. I don’t care what church anyone preaches at, or where they may get their money from, as this again is a personal choice and should have no bearing on how you perceive or treat me. I believe any sex acts between me and another partner is completely private, regardless of whether I am the President or not. I believe working at Blockbuster does not give you the right to pass judgment on my level of enlightenment, and that my choice to further my education should not concern you at all. And, if your parents are able to pay the bill for you to further your education, that you should see this as a blessing and appreciate the fact that you will not have to pay $700 a month for the first 10 years you do begin to live in the real world. Boy Scouts are for boys, Girl Scouts are for girls. If you want a coed scout group, start one. It is your right to do so, but not to try to infringe on another groups right not to do so. I have no heroes in the entertainment industry. My heroes are personal, and have no meaning to you. If you are a minority, you have opportunities the rest of us do not, but remember, these opportunities were put in place to make someone else feel better for mistreatment of the generations that came before you. I believe that the Earth is deteriorating and that the human race is to blame. But that any effort you may try to put forward in correcting this is moot. The majority of the people globally are too concerned with trying to survive to be bothered with whether or not they are friendly to their third world environments. I believe the police have the right to pull you over if you are breaking the law, not because you look like someone who could be breaking a law. I think the police should have no more rights than I do, including the right to shoot someone, or to have a different type of firearm. Everyone’s vote should count, and if the system to count these votes is broken it is the Government’s responsibility to correct the issue. If you are not passing in the passing lane I will make it very apparent you are in my way. If you do not get out of my way, you are inconsiderate and there is nothing I can do about it but laugh at your petty conquest of staying in front of me. I am the NEW American. You cannot have your country back, it’s not yours to have, it is ours to share.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:39:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By darwindog: I am the NEW American.I believe that owning a gun is my right, just as much as it is the right of a mother to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, and for anyone to do as they see fit; as long as it does not directly infringe on any other independent person?s rights.
View Quote
WHat about the child's rights? Specifically the right to life? Thats as far as I got in your speech. an unborn child has the right to have a life, and not have to forfit it becaus the "mother" feels that the child is an inconvenience. Don't want kids? Don't have sex. It's that simple.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:48:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2002 12:54:58 PM EDT by Carbine_Man]
Originally Posted By GovtThug: Nope, it was Rogers for sure. I heard it in an interview on NPR. I think it was the same show as LTG Reinwald. You know, this guy: [b]This is an extract of an National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster [SNIP!][/b]
View Quote
[b]NOT AGAIN![/b] This is a hoax! [rolleyes] Edited to add: Okay, maybe you knew it, and its a joke, but [b][i]guaranteed[/b][/i] someone else out there reading this will think its real and start it rocketing around a million unsuspecting e-mail boxes all over again!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:53:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By darwindog: I am the NEW American [SNIP] You cannot have your country back, it’s not yours to have, it is ours to share.
View Quote
I like the BAD, OLD American better.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:57:49 PM EDT
YEa the new american sounds like a crying limp wristed wuss.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:39:54 PM EDT
I got this from George Carlin and you're right I should have listed his name at the bottom; I was in a hurry. Also, I am pro-life to the core!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:45:05 PM EDT
Count me in with the bad Americans.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:51:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By darwindog: I am the NEW American. I am in touch with my feelings, but will not let you know so if it will put me in a disadvantage. I believe any sex acts between me and another partner is completely private, regardless of whether I am the President or not. Well, first you are not the President. Second your logon and your message, does this mean your "partner" it the bitch in picture four? Excuse me, "I am in touch with my feelings" it's not even a girl? By the way, incoherent sentence.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:58:29 PM EDT
"My bad..."
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:38:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Deer-Hunter: I got this from George Carlin and you're right I should have listed his name at the bottom; I was in a hurry.
View Quote
Ugh.
Top Top