Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2018 8:44:10 AM EDT
I know this topic has been somewhat discussed to death but I figured with all the new pocket autos coming out it might be worth having a debate about it again.

My agency specifies nothing smaller than a 380, revolver or Auto is fine. I'm looking for something that's relatively slim they I can fit in a trouser pocket, or an external carrier pocket. I currently carry a bodyguard 380 but I'm passing along to a relative that needs it.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I just went thru this exercise.  I went with an LCP Ruger not LCP II .
I have 344 rds thru it . It works fine with Hydro Shocks , Critical defense,  but it doesnt really care for WWB trubcated cone .
All stopages are of the failure to feed and all you do is push the slide home with your shooting thumb .

I like the gun and it ..feels.. much better than my Kel Tek P3AT .
And as its not really a range gun as long as it shoots Hydros , Sig V Crowns and Critical defense it has been flawless .

I got a bunch of .. Mine ran great never stops ...eats anything I put thru her .... Not Mine !

BLAZER BRASS goes thru with no issuses . Other factory RN ammo runs fine .

Gary
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I have experience with only one true pocket gun- the LCP 2. I love that little thing. The trigger is great and its a pocket gun that's actually enjoyable to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Seecamp 380 is my pocketgun of choice.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Kel-Tec P3AT that I pocket carry a lot.  I bought it before Ruger came out with the LCP.  Mine has been near flawless and I have complete confidence in it.

Before that I used to pocket carry a Baby Browning in .25 ACP.  Smaller than my Kel-Tec, but probably weighs the same.  Much less capable caliber.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I am here to say that as far as pocket guns go the Glock 42 is one of the most shootable and accurate little guns I have had in decades.  It is VERY underrated as a BUG IMO
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the Bodyguard .380 with the laser and it is VERY slim for concealed carry.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Kahr P380.

Link Posted: 6/12/2018 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry a S&W 642 for backup, small, simple and effective with Winchester Ranger T ammo.

Crater
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Another LCP V1 carrier here. Feeds Speer GD and Fed HST reliably. Couldn't ask for more.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Kel-Tec P3AT in my pocket now.  I can carry it in shorts and no can tell.

Never a malfunction. Only prob was when I was cleaning it and the big Lab I had was helping, knocked the magazine off of the chair with her big tail  and it fell, breaking the floor plate, shooting the spring and all of the rounds all over the floor.

Kel-Tec cutstomer service hooked me up...never another problem
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Ruger LCP works well.  I hardly know it is there most times.

Attachment Attached File

Ruger LCR disappears in a pocket.

Attachment Attached File

Either work well if you need deep concealment.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the Bodyguard .380 with the laser and it is VERY slim for concealed carry.
View Quote
No laser is simpler and better. Very pleased with mine for summer shirtless boat carry.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Bodyguard .380. Most carried gun for sure. For duty use I clip it to my vest as a BUG. For off duty I can clip it in the waistband of gym shorts, joggers, or jeans. If I'm going ride a motorcycle or am dressing nice to go somewhere it fits easily in the front pocket. Etc. I love how thin it is and it feels well put together when compared to other small guns. I really wish S&W would put out a second version thats a little bigger and holds 7 in the mag or 8 in the mag. Its the thinness of the gun that I love so much. Even if your a slim or athletic build guy that wears fitted or athletic cut clothing, it still conceals more so then any other gun I've tried. Mine has been 100% reliable and is very accurate as well.

I have no doubt the LCP and maybe even the Kahr .380 are in the same league. I like the Glock 42 but its so big you might as well go to the 43 and have a 9.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Glock 42 is hard to beat as a BUG. I use speer gold dots in mine, very accurate.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I carried an LCP for a couple years until I switched to an LCP II.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top