Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 5:26:48 PM EDT
What does a typical computer use in Watts?  Just the CPU....

The manual lists what monitors use up but I'm wondering what the CPU uses.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It really depends.  Most computers have a power supply in the 250-350 watt range.

APC has a nice utility to help you figure out how much juice you need.

LInk
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It really depends.  Most computers have a power supply in the 250-350 watt range.

APC has a nice utility to help you figure out how much juice you need.

LInk

thanks for posting the link!!

I have used APC products on all my expensive electrical equipment, I think they are an excellent investment    
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#3]
And when the time comes to replace your batteries just go to Interstate Battereies.  They'll sell you the same cells for under half the price that APC charges.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link.

Mmmmmm.....my power supply just took a nose dive.  I've tried 'resetting', doing everything in the book, etc.  I'm guessing the batteries are toast..... guess I'll have to see if mine are replaceable (the manual doesn't say anything.....)
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:47:08 AM EDT
[#5]
What model is it?

And in many models bad batteries will cause it not to start.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:51:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the link.

Mmmmmm.....my power supply just took a nose dive.  I've tried 'resetting', doing everything in the book, etc.  I'm guessing the batteries are toast..... guess I'll have to see if mine are replaceable (the manual doesn't say anything.....)

APC has a trade in program,  when you send in your old any name branded backup unit.  They will give you credit towards a new one.  its not much but at least you get a new one and the old one gets taken care of properly
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What model is it?

And in many models bad batteries will cause it not to start.

Cyberpower 320SL....  I think the other one is a 300.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top