Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 11:28:10 AM EDT
Hey all, I'm back, yea!!!!  I feel like I am going through culture shock, though.  I walked up to border control after getting off the plane, and the guy actually smiled at me and welcomed me home!  After that I picked up my bags and got into my brother's car, and can you believe it?  All the signs on the freeway were written in ENGLISH!  But, the experience wasn't through yet.  I went into a convience store to buy some water, and as I was preparing to stumble through understanding the price in German or Russian, the girl told me in clear, concise english.  WOWWW!!!

I am at my dad's house now, and will be going home in a few days.  My pops wants to make sure that I really was home and safe and all that.  AWWW!  When I was in Russia I would call him and have to reassure him that no, I hadn't been sold into sex slavery and that no, i had spent no time in a russian jail and that no, I wasn't staying up all night ( which was a little white lie, but hey, dads need that sometimes! )  He was a little freaked about the terrorist bombs in Moscow, which is where I was, so I had to reassure him also that I was keeping an eye out for them too.

But, now I'm home, and going back to school next thursday.  Wow, women's forum has really picked up since I left, I'm happy to see so many new women here.   HI to all the new women!  Can't wait to get to know ya.  When I left this forum was a little slow, and I am happy to see that that has changed.  Hope you all have a great weekend, I know I will.  I absolutely cannot WAIT to get home and play with my guns a little, haven't seen them for 3 months, they have been so lonely....

Tiff
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome back!  I'm glad you made it home safe without making your dad too crazy with worry.  Yes, parents need little white lies sometimes.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad you are back. You'll still have a period of adjustment,time,culture,etc.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
welcome back again, tiff

im glad womenz has picked up too--the boys staged a raid on mothering.com a few months ago and made off with the best of the bunch--then we started hassling the menz, who came here to read and post their pix, to get their wives to sign up---and mrs G got promoted  

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice to meet ya tjmz!!

Welcome home!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome Home!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top