Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2010 3:17:42 AM EDT
SOI went not so hot for me.  Fucked my knee up pretty bad, sat in rehab for about three months starring at a wall, then got medically discharged.

What did I miss?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I know how you feel... almost exactly how you feel.

It sucks, man.

Same old, same old around here.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:19:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear it.  Welcome back.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn man, sorry to hear that.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:22:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Can you try again, or is your knee that bad?

Sorry to hear it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:24:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome back.

Shitter's full.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:25:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear it.

Bad enough to keep me out of the infantry but I'm going to go see what my options are in six months.  I doubt I'll be able to get back in.  Shit happens... At least I can still ride my motorcycle without much of a problem.

I see I made it back just in time for Starcraft II.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry to hear it.

Bad enough to keep me out of the infantry but I'm going to go see what my options are in six months.  I doubt I'll be able to get back in.  Shit happens... At least I can still ride my motorcycle without much of a problem.

I know it might be hard to take, but another service may be willing to waive your knee (depending on how well you heal) even if the USMC won't let you back in.  The good news is no other service will make you repeat basic training.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:33:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:35:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear it.

I know it might be hard to take, but another service may be willing to waive your knee (depending on how well you heal) even if the USMC won't let you back in.  The good news is no other service will make you repeat basic training.  

Yes, I've been considering that.  I doubt the USMC will let me back in but I'm seriously considering the USN.

For now I'm just going to knock another semester of college out of the way.  It's funny how everyone assumes I got fucked up in a combat zone when they see the cane and the haircut.  They are generally less than impressed when they discover that I actually stepped in a rabbit hole during a range movement before sunup...
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:35:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SOI went not so hot for me.  Fucked my knee up pretty bad, sat in rehab for about three months starring at a wall, then got medically discharged.

What did I miss?

I know it sucks but you did more then most. SemperFi you are still a Marine
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The good news is no other service will make you repeat basic training.  

[/div]

He graduated Marine boot camp, all other services accept that in lieu of service specific basic training and would send him to tech school/AIT/A school directly.  You don't believe that or does the mean something else?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top