Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 3:40:06 PM EDT

Just a minute ago I was carrying my sister's three-month-old baby around on my shoulders, entertaining him to the best of my ability.

He repaid my kindness by throwing up on my head, and the couch I was standing beside.

One more strike against having kids of my own.

Actually, he is a really good kid, never cries, even in the middle of the night, and is growing incredibly fast.  He is already wearing 12 month old clothing, even though he is only 3 mos.  Oh well, all part of raising a kid, I suppose.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
its different when they're yours
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yep, then you get to clean up the couch.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yes and those diapers get pretty nasty too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless a significant portion of your life is spent serving others for no other reason than it is the right thing to do, your life is pretty much meaningless.  Tkaing care of babies is one of the noblest forms of service.  Teaching them to be good people is right up there.  If you aren't on board for all that child rearing entails, please don't get anyone pregnant.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#5]
no dog?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If you aren't on board for all that child rearing entails, please don't get anyone pregnant.

Seriously though, I don't really want to have kids.  If I do, I will of course take care of them, and give them everything they need, and most of what they want.  

Yes, by the way, I cleaned up the mess myself.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
If you say so, I prefer being a uncle and having a puppy.
Babies too much work and dogs are cheaper to take care of.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Aint that the truth. Least then you can spank'm when their bad.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you aren't on board for all that child rearing entails, please don't get anyone pregnant.

Uhhh, I am a guy.

Seriously though, I don't really want to have kids.  If I do, I will of course take care of them, and give them everything they need, and most of what they want.  

Yes, by the way, I cleaned up the mess myself.

How could you say no???

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#10]
You're bouncing a 3 month old around and you wonder why he pukes?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Wait till you play "airplane" with them -- flying them over you while you lay on the floor.

Then they puke on your face.

And he's going off to college in just one more year. I miss the little guy.

Of course I'm proud of the young man he's become
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just a minute ago I was carrying my sister's three-month-old baby around on my shoulders, entertaining him to the best of my ability.

He repaid my kindness by throwing up on my head, and the couch I was standing beside.

One more strike against having kids of my own.

Actually, he is a really good kid, never cries, even in the middle of the night, and is growing incredibly fast.  He is already wearing 12 month old clothing, even though he is only 3 mos.  Oh well, all part of raising a kid, I suppose.

Wow, totally unexpected post  - you need to put (SARCASM) in the title to warn folks!  Kidding of course - I am completely in love with mine and worship his vomit...you'll see when you have kids...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#13]
<---loves kids

A member of our church always brings his grandson (its mother rarely attends) and that poor kid gets fought over by everyone there (including me).
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#14]
He-he-he, I've got two of them, girls 4months old, and a lab that thinks his job is to clean up spit up no matter where it is.  I'm getting a 45 day vacation from diaper duty while I'm deployed, maybe my wife will be used to handling it all by the time I get back!  yeah right!  

And yes, I know I have a long 20 years ahead of me!  But I do love those little critters!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to be scared to death of infants... i thought I might hurt them.

Then my friend had a baby and now I'm "Uncle BUCC_Guy".   The kid is really fun... I've been there since the delivery.  I love how she waves when Uncle BUCC is leaving...

I really can't wait till I have my own.   As long as I can afford to give them what they need, i dont see a problem.  Diapers don't even scare me.... well... kinda.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Children are God's gift to mankind and proof He still loves us.  You are entrusted by Him with his most precious gift.  Cherish the children.  Protect the children, with your life if necessary.  

That spit up is nothing, grow up.  Do your job - clean him off, clean off the couch.  Enjoy the few precious moments you have with them as babies.

If you cannot do these things selflessly, you are still too much of a child to be entrusted with your own children.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I loved it when all my kids were babies.
Then they hit the teens.
Well, the youngest isn't a teen yet but she's learned from the rest of them.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You're bouncing a 3 month old around and you wonder why he pukes?

When my son was that age, we used to shake him up and then hand him to people we didn't like!

Did you know that the smell of a clean shirt will make a baby nauseous? - Jeff Foxworthy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top