Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 11:47:07 PM EDT
Just got back from the B.B.King show at Dodge Theater. Was awesome. Thought you all should know!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:43:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen BB a couple of times. One of them, the sound system was feeding back so BB chased most of the band off the stage, says "get me a chair, we're going to get personal".  I think he kept the keyboards, drums, and maybe the rythm guitar. Everybody in that audience felt like he played that concert just for them. Was the best show I ever saw and it came from a busted program. BB's a true showman.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:10:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Definately on my list of shows I want to see..  

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Saw him a few times. One was on his 75th birthday with Buddy Guy and Susan Tedeschi.

He CAN play.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:42:21 AM EDT
[#5]
In my lifetime, I've attended very few music concerts, performances, etc. I'm happy to report however, that I've seen BB King twice (the last time in the 80's). You really get your money's worth when he goes to work.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just got back from the B.B.King show at Dodge Theater. Was awesome. Thought you all should know!!!!

You should have challenged him to a play off with Charlie Daniels.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:21:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw his show earlier this month.  Incredible performance.

jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=416283
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:06:14 AM EDT
[#9]
King is a true professional musician...not some guy who just started playing 50 years ago. He is well trained. and very demanding of musicians around him. He ranks right up there with Ray Charles...who was the real king.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should have challenged him to a play off with Charlie Daniels.

Not a bad idea. Hey! Don't get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously it was an awesome show. Some sorry chick rock band opened for B.B.

Big Pete Pearson and the Rythom Room Allstars played next.  Kicked ass.

Then it was B.B. and the band. Had a litttle sound problem in the beginning but they worked it out.

Dodge Theater here in Phoenix is a great venue.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#11]
i paid 5 bucks to see him play at a local ymca once,maybe 50 people in there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I have seen him 3 times. One of those times I was working for the venue and got to meet him! One hell of a great guy. He took the entire crew out for mex after the show at a place accross from the Roseland in PDX. One of the most memorable shows I have attended. He truely is one of the greats.

CH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top