Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2002 10:35:48 AM EDT
The two planes will be on the ramp next to Signature Flight Support.

The non-profit Collings Foundation, which operates the aircraft wil be charging $7 to tour them.  Children under 12 pay $3.  Flights are available for $350.

Tues and Wed. 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Thurs. 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

1 (949) 263-5800

[url]www.collingsfoundation.org[/url]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Just went on the tour.  They had a B-25 Mitchell as well as the B-24J Liberator and B-17G Flying Fortress, an old Bi-plane and a nice little aerobatic plane from the 40's..  Signed up to take a flight in the B-24 tomorrow.  An  old guy there was giving a bomb sight demo with OBL's picture on the map.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The flights sound very tempting

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Money well spent gentlemen. Being inside those narrow, thin skinned, cramped quarters will give you a new appreciation for what our Fathers and Grandfathers did for us. It's great to see a piece of history so well preserved.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
On a side note.  If you ever get a chance to look at the book,  VINTAGE AIRCRAFT NOSE ART by Gary M. Valant, take a look. Pics of WW2 airplanes front noses, very cool.

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the B24 but I'm partial, you see my father flew them for the Army Air Corps. He said the Liberator was one of the more difficult bombers to fly at the time. Later he also flew the B-29 on bombing missions from Japan to North Korea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top