Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 6:39:47 AM EDT

The stock market is sucking right now, largely in part due to high crude oil prices.

Many, many people in the business community have been begging the President to release oil from the Statigic Oil Supplies.

If Bush did this, the market would rally and he would be assured a victory.  No question about it.

But, .... our President knows that this Stratigic Oil Reserve is meant for emergencies.

He refused to release any oil from it.

He did the wrong thing to win the election.  

He did the right thing for the country.  

He is a man of principal.  

That's why this I'm voting for President Bush.

That's why you should vote for him too.

(can you imagine any democrap falling on his sword this way for the country?)  

Zen
"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Over night I heard OPEC had asked the US to tap into the Strategic Oil Reserve to lower costs.

WTF!!!!

Hey you, yeah you with the towel on your head. Get off your ass and pump more oil.

That's not what the Strategic Oil Reserve is for.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Why the F aren't we recouping some of the costs of the war from Iraqi oil???? That should be our strategic "reserve". I say take what we need. We aren't going to get anything else out of this Iraq thing. Not trying to be a whiney liberal pussy, but let's face it, things aren't looking so good, and there isn't much that I can see down the road to change that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#4]
The Stock Market will be down until a president is elected.  The stock market does not like uncertainty and the possibility of a Kerry win is scaring the market.  Investers know that Bush would be better for the market, but they are all waiting until after the election.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:05:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#6]
There is a rumour going around that oil prices are where they are because of speculation by large investors.  

Like George Soros and his ilk.  The current supply and current demand do not support a price of anywhere near $50/barrel.

They're manipulating oil priced in their effort to defeat Bush.

This would not surprise me in the least.

Nor would the fact that the mainstream media isn't investigating this possibility surprise me either.  They want Bush to lose, too.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why the F aren't we recouping some of the costs of the war from Iraqi oil???? That should be our strategic "reserve". I say take what we need. We aren't going to get anything else out of this Iraq thing. Not trying to be a whiney liberal pussy, but let's face it, things aren't looking so good, and there isn't much that I can see down the road to change that.

We essentially are.  The Iraqi government is getting about $1 billion a week because of high oil prices.  A lot of this money is coming our way as they hire oil field security, and buy American goods and consulting to fix their oil fields and other infrastructure.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There is a rumour going around that oil prices are where they are because of speculation by large investors.  

Like George Soros and his ilk.  The current supply and current demand do not support a price of anywhere near $50/barrel.

They're manipulating oil priced in their effort to defeat Bush.

This would not surprise me in the least.

Nor would the fact that the mainstream media isn't investigating this possibility surprise me either.  They want Bush to lose, too.

Wouldn't surprise me either. Soros is a real scum bag.

Zen

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm placing my order for a small Iraqi child w/ a 55gal. gas drum strapped to his back.  Group buy anyone?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#10]
market is up 49 points right now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:15:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Over night I heard OPEC had asked the US to tap into the Strategic Oil Reserve to lower costs.

WTF!!!!

Hey you, yeah you with the towel on your head. Get off your ass and pump more oil.

That's not what the Strategic Oil Reserve is for.  img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/titan68/icon_smilet_madfawk.gif

Theres not much more oil TO pump.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#12]
It's all Busch's fault! That Beer company is hogging up all the go-juice!  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:19:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't give a shit how we get gas prices to drop, just fucking do it!

I'm sick of hearing how GW went to war in Iraq for oil and consequently a few folks are getting richer as the price of crude oil skyrockets. I know $2.07/gallon isn't the highest in the USA, but it's still fucking rediculous. With the amount of petroleum products we Americans consume on a daily basis, 87 octane shouldn't cost more than $1 gallon.

It's sad when the liberals actually have some bite to their bark. GW, his relationship with the Saudi's, and the situation with Iraq, leads me to believe we should take over or tottaly dismantle the greedy fucking OPEC executives.

Rant off.

HS1
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Supply is less of a problem than processing capacity. The SPR is not processed petrol IIRC and therefore cannot become useful fuel for anything in any short period of time. Rush expounded the falacy of releasing some of the SPR during the Klinton administration when refineries were already at 98% capacity. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The Stock Market will be down until a president is elected.  The stock market does not like uncertainty and the possibility of a Kerry win is scaring the market.  Investers know that Bush would be better for the market, but they are all waiting until after the election.

Yep. I'm sitting on clients quotes and our purchase orders till the 3rd. I'm not unique. My clients are holding off spending till the election is over.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm placing my order for a small Iraqi child w/ a 55gal. gas drum strapped to his back.  Group buy anyone?

I'm in! Cripes that's funny!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:28:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, at least this thread managed to blame Soros for the run up in oil prices.  Whose going to be the one to link it to "Klinton"?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#19]
It's not that the amount being pumped is low, it's supposedly the capacity of the refinerys. Blame the tree-huggers for it getting too costly to build more to comply with regs. Hell with the profit being made who wouldn't build more refineries to increase profits? Try to build one and it takes years for red tape, surveys, fuckheads,etc.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I think that's probably more accurate than anything....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Supply is less of a problem than processing capacity. The SPR is not processed petrol IIRC and therefore cannot become useful fuel for anything in any short period of time. Rush expounded the falacy of releasing some of the SPR during the Klinton administration when refineries were already at 98% capacity. Planerench out.

This is the answer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#22]
The right thing to do for the country is to work for a switch to high ratio ethanol fuels for all non-diesel cars and trucks.  While this is only a fraction of the total US petroleum requirements, it would have a strategic impact on price.  You want to see a real attack on terrorism and high oil prices - Watch OPEC squirm if we permanently remove the demand of the largest consumers in the world from their pricing scale.   We know this move can have strategic impact, works with minimal switching costs, and stretches the strategic reserves we do have.  How do we know?  We forced South Africa to do it with the embargo during the 80s.

Ethanol based fuels:  Minimal mechanical changes to cars and trucks. Same delivery methods (gas stations).  Same refinement/mixing methods (existing refinery equipment is capable and ready).  Better for the environment/Cleaner air.  Help farmers and small towns by giving them back a market.  Keeps the $$$ in America, helping Americans, not Saudi princes and Al Queda.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Market was up more than 130 yesterday, and up 49 so far today?  At this rate it will climb above 10,000 for the week if the trend continues.

The market just hit the bottom of a downwards slanting channel.

It looks like it will bounce up to the top of the channel.  

If it breaks out of the top of the channel it might get out of it's bearish slump.

We will watch and see.

Zen

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
i may be wrong but i doubt there is processing capacity to convert oil to gasoline to make much difference. Dumping oil into the system doesn't do much good if there is no capacity to refine it.

HEY OIL COMPANIES BUILD SOME FUCKING REFINERIES!

They would like to but the environmentalists won't let them.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#26]
The interest is up
and the stock markets down
and you'll only get muggged
if ya go downtown.

I live back in the woods ya see,
I aint got no woman
but I got 3 sheep.

Ive gotta homemade shotgun and a butter knife
for $13 bucks can I bang yer wife?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The stock market is sucking right now, largely in part due to high crude oil prices.

Many, many people in the business community have been begging the President to release oil from the Statigic Oil Supplies.

If Bush did this, the market would rally and he would be assured a victory.  No question about it.

But, .... our President knows that this Stratigic Oil Reserve is meant for emergencies.

He refused to release any oil from it.

He did the wrong thing to win the election.  

He did the right thing for the country.  

He is a man of principal.  

That's why this I'm voting for President Bush.

That's why you should vote for him too.

(can you imagine any democrap falling on his sword this way for the country?)  

Zen

You can take some principal and $2.15 to the gas statiion and get a gallon of gas. Thanks Bush!

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i may be wrong but i doubt there is processing capacity to convert oil to gasoline to make much difference. Dumping oil into the system doesn't do much good if there is no capacity to refine it.

HEY OIL COMPANIES BUILD SOME FUCKING REFINERIES!

They would like to but the environmentalists won't let them.

GunLvr

Bingo!

This is the exact problem.
The US has not built a new refinery in something like 20 years. While our consumtion of gasoline has increased our ability to produce it has not. That's the driving force behind the price increases at the pump. The rise in crude prices do hurt, but it is not the entire problem.

Why won't companies build more refineries?
You got it. Damn tree huggin hippy's don't want an oil refinery anywhere near their "community." Since the tree huggers are everywhere that pretty much puts a lid on new refineries.
In addition the cost to build a refinery that meets current code is pretty prohibitive. Again, thanks to the tree huggers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Pretty typical for alot of investors to dump their stocks and invest in bonds around election time. Best year for stock gains is typically the third year of a Presidents term. As for Kerry scaring investors, historically, stocks have greater yeilds during Demoncratic administrations.

I don't look for stocks to do a whole lot until interest rates climb. With mortgage rates so low, real estate is the best investment right now. During Clinton's first term, real estate was a losing proposition, virtually all real estate investment funds showed a loss during his term in office. Stock yields were often in the %20 range. When Bush was looking like a sure thing, in 2000, alot of folks I knew started dumping their stocks in August and tiding over in bonds until things settled after the election.

These are personal observations and are not to imply investment advice.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#30]
I will say this one time and one time only.

GWB will win this election because GOD wants him too.

'nuff said.

Sgtar15

PS  45 states.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Wrong Sgtar15 - it will be 39 states
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top